Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Cartoonists or Graphics Artists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wanted: Cartoonists or Graphics Artists

    Ok, this isn't a job posting. But it's spawned out of an idea that I've had for a while and it turns out Binky here has the same idea too. What's the idea, you ask?

    IDEA: Let's lampoon feminists and feminism. Make fun of them through cartoons/caricatures/satire to expose their hypocrisy and bigotry and what not.

    Really, I think comedy/humor/satire is a great way to shame the ones that deserve shaming. It is also a good way to connect with anyone that's reasonably intelligent.

    Now for the bad news. I have all the artistic talents of an armless octopus. But I do have ideas popping up in my head for what could be drawn, and I'm sure others here do too.

    So would anyone that DOES have artistic/drawing/graphics talent be willing to pick up descriptive ideas posted (primarily as text) in this thread and turn them into cartoons?

    To kick this off, here's a couple ideas I had:
    1. There's a man dressed in rags walking uphill (i.e. hill of "Life"), carrying a house, heavy purse, children, car, job etc. and atop all that sits a feminist wearing jewelry and doing her nails. The man is shown to be grunting and the feminist hears him and says, "Stop oppressing me with your patriarchy."

    2. Series of strips (i.e. four boxes):
    a. Feminist doing kickboxing
    b. Feminist practicing with sword and knives
    c. Feminist comes face to face with a man who says, "Hello" (or something innocuous like that)
    d. Feminist complaining to government (big, muscular dude i.e. SJW white knight, with "Govt" on his t-shirt) and pointing at the previous man, saying, "He makes me scared"

    If you have ideas, please post them in this thread. Hopefully the artists here will take notice and maybe we can even get a weekly or monthly thing going on the AVFM site.

    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by humanityformen; 11-16-2015, 04:49 AM.
    PC stands for "Pussy Crushing"

  • #2
    Not exactly the same but in a blog post of mine http://forums.avoiceformen.com/entry...ttals-of-Memes which linked to this thread I created: Rebuttals-of-Memes and one that I created myself. taking a meme and creating a new one refusing the false claims, responding to the misandry and so on...that's "meme rebuttals" and the second link here has one I created...if you create graphics of that type, maybe you could post there or post at least a copy or link there, so they are in the same place...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 4malelib View Post
      Not exactly the same but in a blog post of mine http://forums.avoiceformen.com/entry...ttals-of-Memes which linked to this thread I created: Rebuttals-of-Memes and one that I created myself. taking a meme and creating a new one refusing the false claims, responding to the misandry and so on...that's "meme rebuttals" and the second link here has one I created...if you create graphics of that type, maybe you could post there or post at least a copy or link there, so they are in the same place...
      Thanks, 4malelib. That's a great idea too, but would not be the same as you pointed out. No harm in doing both, however.

      Would love to hear from the talented people here that'd be willing to draw for MRAs.
      PC stands for "Pussy Crushing"

      Comment


      • #4
        A variety of art types to wake people up is good. I agree that creating cartoons (and memes) as you suggested is important, I was trying to address the large number of false memes that do need to be replied to and I think we need both...

        Other than suggesting as several of us have discussed earlier, that we want to target feminist myths rather than feminists per se (and that is more powerful, in part because it shows women and men who are currently feminists how feminist myths hurt them...Since I created this forums account in late 2014 and took a break I see one formerly feminist woman, flightless bird I think is her forums name, has joined MHRM for example... http://forums.avoiceformen.com/entry...-m-a-feminist! where she explains why she "ditched feminism" and ending her blog post with the humanity she was shown on these forums and how it helped open her mind...

        But definitely cartoons would be great...maybe an artist can be found to respond to your call...and maybe just maybe they would also see my link and want to create a meme rebuttal too ;-) One thing I like about meme rebuttals is one just have to find an image editor and add text, no art talent is needed...but having an artist would can add images would definitely be nice.

        Two last ideas. Another type of art I'd love to see in cartoons and even in youtube skits are gender reversal ones.

        Take parts of popular culture like scenes in films and reverse the genders of everyone. Like ones where a woman just casually slaps a man in the face for saying something "wrong" and let is sink in how this violent escalation from words to hitting would never be tolerated if the genders were the opposite.

        And I hope you can find artists but resources are limited. Especially MHRM is not as large as feminist and other movements. You are doing the right thing I think, definitely, calling for any artists out there..I hope we find some..but in the meantime, some alternatives which would allow you to create the cartoons you want without needing an artist if you are creative enough.

        The idea is to search for public domain cartoons, and then use image editor to change the text or add text. This page links to many types of public domain content but for cartoons it suggests this "Punch was a long-running 19th and 20th century British magazine known for its humour, satire, and cartoons."

        Also found OpenGLAM "We have brought together collections from around the world that provide digital scans or photos that can be freely used without any restrictions. This is an ever expanding list so if you know of collections that are not listed here please add them through our contribute an item page and we will get them online!"

        Relevant tags at the top include

        http://open-collections.okfn.org/ite...?tags=cartoons

        and http://open-collections.okfn.org/ite...se?tags=comics

        I know this is not a perfect match and it's also very limited. But if we want to change the world...the MHRM is definitely growing fast but still much smaller than feminism and even that movement has limited resources for cartoons and so on...if we want to change the world we have to be creative and be willing to try new things.

        Plus, this is just from a minute of google search for open content and public domain and cartoons and more time searching in more detail might find more and closer matches.

        Already the one image in the Cartoons I can see changing the text next to the giant man on the right to "Oh Genie of White Knights! Help me protect an adult woman from the horrors of someone *criticizing* her online!" And it's without copyright so it's legal...because for too many Social Injustice Warriors "copyright" is a perfect excuse to silence anyone who criticizes them..so better to be safe. Notice each of the five links in http://open-collections.okfn.org/ite...se?tags=comics actually seems to link to an entire website, each of them, and each website full of non-copyright images anyone can modify and remix.
        Last edited by 4malelib; 11-15-2015, 11:11 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 4malelib View Post
          Take parts of popular culture like scenes in films and reverse the genders of everyone. Like ones where a woman just casually slaps a man in the face for saying something "wrong" and let is sink in how this violent escalation from words to hitting would never be tolerated if the genders were the opposite.
          Somehow this last part makes me wonder whether it really would be seen as wrong. Women being violent is popularly seen as her "being strong" and "standing up for herself" and "showing the man she won't take it." So I'm afraid the role reversal, in this case for the provided example at least, might not have the intended effect.
          PC stands for "Pussy Crushing"

          Comment


          • #6
            I enjoy cartooning myself. I've had courses in it. I just never had the Political mind for coming up with the scene to be illustrated with a cartoon.

            In the past I've spoken with other members here about setting up some kind of online magazine
            on ISSUU com or other sites like it. Scathing satire articles and cartoons could be uplifting now
            after 40 years of Feminist rhetoric.

            I'd like to see a cartoon featuring a little Girl trying to make sense of the world she lives in
            today which was created for her by Feminism and reconciling it with the world Women had before Feminism. And of course the Men today compared to the Men back then. If the cut lines were well thought out and the scene properly described & developed for the cartoonist it may resonate well with wide cross section of viewers.

            This project would have to be funny on the surface and inspiring the viewer to deeper thought.

            if the cartoon were to be a single panel it may be more pensive. If it were multiple panels
            it could utilize a few Girl friends, say at a tea party. The last panel would be her trying to
            reconcile "Feminist Teachings" the other Girls poll parroted in the preceding panels. Thus showcasing or embellishing Feminist nonsense in a humorous irony that would leave the viewer to wrap their heads around. 40 years of Feminism should have generated enough
            examples of this to run a Cartoon feature like this for some time.


            As for alternate talent, I would make a call for any Theater people on the board who understand scenes, blocking, character motivation to give input. This would all condense
            into a simple drawn cartoon with perhaps a little shading.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              I do not mean an image or skit in isolation or in a vacuum without context. Changing deeply ingrained norms requires background, analysis, or at least a little bit of narration, to be sure.

              If it's a youtube skit, there would be discussion before and after the skit as part of the vlog. "Does that man's action seem reasonable to you? No way, he's being violent and escalated to slapping her. But you probably did not have the same reaction against the woman in this scene where she slapped a man...This is the double standard our society needs to stop.."

              A cartoon would have to use juxtaposition and a caption.

              Would it convince everyone? Of course not, you can show 10 women beating a man to death and a rad fem could see it a the man being the evil one and the women being the victims.

              However the right question is not whether it would convince everyone or even most people but for the growing number of people who are on the edge, on the border and are questioning and starting to take a critical look, make the contrast for them, expose and highlight and underscore the double standards...because that is what art can, and should do.

              In fact if we don't have the courage, talent and analysis to expose double standards by talking about gender reversed versions of many misandrist practices and norms today, we will not be very successful as a movement.

              All successful movements I can think of, civil rights, LGBT rights and others, use and highlight such examples to some extent.

              I think it's that important and critical to success to include those as at least one type of art activism.

              I'm working on an essay, where we imagine a world where in the U.S. women had to register for the draft but not men, girls were routinely genitally mutilated but not boys, imagine a world where women are sent to die in wars but a male politician ways "men have always been the FIRST VICTIMS of war" because after all, they become widowers when the female solders get killed or their mothers or daughters get killed..and so on.

              But we need artist versions too.
              Last edited by 4malelib; 11-16-2015, 12:25 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NO MA'AM View Post
                This project would have to be funny on the surface and inspiring the viewer to deeper thought.
                This is definitely one of the themes and flavors of art I had in mind.

                I like some of your other ideas too but I would caution against the contrast being between today and the past, because the past when women could not vote is not one I want to champion. As even women back then pointed out, the right to vote is not the live changing victory that the proponents might have acted like it would be, but it's still a step forward to allow everyone to vote.

                Even a hard-core MRA like Karen Straughan when asked on The Young Turks in her interview said she does not want to "go back" Maybe you did not mean to "go back then" as "better than today" sorry if I am reading too much into your comment. But a contrast between today and a sane or fair world would be good. See my comments above about gender reversed skits and examples.

                While looking for a cartoon in the public domain found one that is not but which not only have female privilege it makes extreme excuses for female violence that would be completely unthinkable to do if the adult violent abuser was male, see this thread
                Last edited by 4malelib; 11-16-2015, 12:51 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes, I wasn't as clear as I should have been on what I was calling "The Past". I was thinking the past with regards to second wave feminism starting from the time of mile markers of the 20 th century such a the end of the Korean War, Television as a medium, and the times of about the mid 50's to the later 60's. These were formative times just before second wave when those TV "Perfect Women/Wives" existed and so many Women of the times were trying to pattern themselves after. Then second wave Feminism was beginning to come into being
                  and trying to destroy all of that.

                  I offer this as I think it may translate into some clever humor with the writer/humorist and
                  showcase what was to feminist rhetoric as second wave became mainstream, and led to what is "now". Portrayed of course by a young Girl pondering it. I'm just using a young Girl, but it
                  could be a young teen Woman immersed in her "wonder years" contemplating becoming a Woman today. She would find herself where so many young Men in their early twenties found themselves in the mid 70's embroiled in the feminist turbulence.(and just as clueless)

                  I don't want to labor this or over think it too much. But this is the essence of such a cartoon character. "Who am I, where did I come from, what will I become", in this framework. She would also ponder what awaits her with Men today who have been so adversely affected by
                  feminism.


                  All the things the Guys discuss here at AVFM could be channeled through her as she sees all of these conflicts as she lives in a constant epiphany and struggles to determine whether to continue on the feminist trail or just abandon it. A plight many young Women find themselves confronted with today.

                  All of this will have to be thought out and then reduced to an essence that will at first evoke
                  laughter followed by an "apperception". Think of this as the underwater part of the iceberg.

                  The viewer will get the impact of this thinking without realizing the thought that went into it.

                  As an example, in the National Lampoon Magazine there was once a cartoon titled "Bonnie and Trot's", about a naive young Girl in the "who am I" stage in her development, or perhaps
                  a precocious "Luna Lovegood" Girl type as appeared in the Harry Potter movies.

                  But all of this is simply to formulate a "character" who could deliver the message with a laugh
                  and a second thought.

                  The cartoonist would be charged with creating a range from sight gag's to facial expressions to illustrate the point of the cut line.


                  ....these are just some thoughts I'd offer to this.
                  Last edited by NO MA'AM; 11-16-2015, 02:45 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There is this annoying piece of feminist propaganda. Titled 32 types of Anti-feminist. I would show the image here but it appears to be too large. You can see the image hosted on 8ch (preferable to giving traffic to the feminazi site it was hosted at). Several of the examples in the original image are examples of projection. Among self identified feminists can often find real examples of people who exhibit the traits they wish to associate with MRAs or other non-feminists. Already have some ideas posted on that thread for what can be done artist wise. Counter art could be 32 Real Life Types of Feminists. Have a support page with numbers to each square for a named feminist who exhibits these traits. Also could include some of the more fair minded self described feminists like C H Sommers and Cynthia (can remember last name) who did the Red Pill documentary and how they are treated by other feminists in squares adjoining them. My idea is instead of one artist doing the whole thing themselves we crowd-source this shit. Some of us can research the specific named fems and what they look like (give sample images for the artists) as well as archives sources of their words/actions we want to reference for the square they will be in. Some artists can do some squares/ characters and some can do others to minimize the workload.
                    Any other ideas on how to proceed?

                    http://8ch.net/avfm/res/149.html
                    Last edited by Kaleb; 12-12-2015, 02:55 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by humanityformen View Post
                      Somehow this last part makes me wonder whether it really would be seen as wrong. Women being violent is popularly seen as her "being strong" and "standing up for herself" and "showing the man she won't take it." So I'm afraid the role reversal, in this case for the provided example at least, might not have the intended effect.
                      I like your idea of cartoons, it's like an idea of mine, which I started a thread about, here,

                      http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...ding-to-gender
                      
                      The story I'm writing (I provide information about it in the above link, and a link to it) replaces the 'female empowerment' heroine tale, like Agent Carter, Xena, Dark Angel etc, where women beat and kill men, with a tale of three heroines who violently take down a gang of female criminals. It's intended to make people think about how they perceive violence in the media. If, as is the case, violence being inflicted on men is entertainment, and empowering for women if it's a woman dishing the rough stuff out, is not violence against women also fun? I'm not saying it is, but trying to provoke debate about the difference in how violence in popular entertainment is regarded if men or women are on the receiving end. I'm not claiming to be such a genius that I've written a philosophical masterpiece, indeed it's just cheap pulp, like the genre it's satirising. I think I've managed to create a tale that's easy to read, with a bit of humour, and reviews so far have been positive. In time I'll complete and illustrate it, and I'm attaching one of the drawings I've made, where four of the bad girls are confronted by one of my heroines, she's the one on the right. They've seen her devastating fighting skills, and their faces show their fear.
                      This subject is not what you started this thread for, so please forgive me for using it to bring more attention to what I'm doing. I thought you you would find it interesting, If you do like the idea, and have any suggestions as to how my tale could be publicised to reach a wider audience, I'd be delighted to hear from you. Who knows, maybe we can start a popular alternative to the man hating popular culture.
                      A Sample.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you look at the humor in any of Will Rogers quotes, they all try to contain some element of TRUTH.

                        Feminist have given the world so much the truth could be told about.....humorously and briefly.

                        I've never been accused of being a comedian, but here's an example:

                        A man needs a woman like a Fish needs to be attend a Feminist Luncheon........on Friday.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13


                          didnt know where to share this
                          Attached Files
                          Originally posted by MatrixTransform
                          where were you before you put yourself last?
                          Originally posted by TheNarrator
                          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by humanityformen View Post
                            Ok, this isn't a job posting. But it's spawned out of an idea that I've had for a while and it turns out Binky here has the same idea too. What's the idea, you ask?

                            IDEA: Let's lampoon feminists and feminism. Make fun of them through cartoons/caricatures/satire to expose their hypocrisy and bigotry and what not.

                            Really, I think comedy/humor/satire is a great way to shame the ones that deserve shaming. It is also a good way to connect with anyone that's reasonably intelligent.

                            Now for the bad news. I have all the artistic talents of an armless octopus. But I do have ideas popping up in my head for what could be drawn, and I'm sure others here do too.

                            So would anyone that DOES have artistic/drawing/graphics talent be willing to pick up descriptive ideas posted (primarily as text) in this thread and turn them into cartoons?

                            To kick this off, here's a couple ideas I had:
                            1. There's a man dressed in rags walking uphill (i.e. hill of "Life"), carrying a house, heavy purse, children, car, job etc. and atop all that sits a feminist wearing jewelry and doing her nails. The man is shown to be grunting and the feminist hears him and says, "Stop oppressing me with your patriarchy."

                            2. Series of strips (i.e. four boxes):
                            a. Feminist doing kickboxing
                            b. Feminist practicing with sword and knives
                            c. Feminist comes face to face with a man who says, "Hello" (or something innocuous like that)
                            d. Feminist complaining to government (big, muscular dude i.e. SJW white knight, with "Govt" on his t-shirt) and pointing at the previous man, saying, "He makes me scared"

                            If you have ideas, please post them in this thread. Hopefully the artists here will take notice and maybe we can even get a weekly or monthly thing going on the AVFM site.

                            Thanks for reading.

                            I think this is a great idea. I wish I was any good at cartooning 'cause I'd love to help out with this.
                            FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                            It's time to call it out for what it is.
                            == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==


                            The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
                            http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 4malelib View Post
                              I do not mean an image or skit in isolation or in a vacuum without context. Changing deeply ingrained norms requires background, analysis, or at least a little bit of narration, to be sure.

                              If it's a youtube skit, there would be discussion before and after the skit as part of the vlog. "Does that man's action seem reasonable to you? No way, he's being violent and escalated to slapping her. But you probably did not have the same reaction against the woman in this scene where she slapped a man...This is the double standard our society needs to stop.."

                              A cartoon would have to use juxtaposition and a caption.

                              Would it convince everyone? Of course not, you can show 10 women beating a man to death and a rad fem could see it a the man being the evil one and the women being the victims.

                              However the right question is not whether it would convince everyone or even most people but for the growing number of people who are on the edge, on the border and are questioning and starting to take a critical look, make the contrast for them, expose and highlight and underscore the double standards...because that is what art can, and should do.

                              In fact if we don't have the courage, talent and analysis to expose double standards by talking about gender reversed versions of many misandrist practices and norms today, we will not be very successful as a movement.

                              All successful movements I can think of, civil rights, LGBT rights and others, use and highlight such examples to some extent.

                              I think it's that important and critical to success to include those as at least one type of art activism.

                              I'm working on an essay, where we imagine a world where in the U.S. women had to register for the draft but not men, girls were routinely genitally mutilated but not boys, imagine a world where women are sent to die in wars but a male politician ways "men have always been the FIRST VICTIMS of war" because after all, they become widowers when the female solders get killed or their mothers or daughters get killed..and so on.

                              But we need artist versions too.


                              I'd like to help with this project. I'm no artist, but I think I could help with the story / plot / satire / set-up / gags / etc. for the cartoons. It could be interesting to do a "graphic novel" this way too. A few frames per episode.

                              I don't know if FlightlessBird is still around, but she was good at drawing cartoons and such.
                              FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                              It's time to call it out for what it is.
                              == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==


                              The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
                              http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X