Women of the Klan - Foundations of Modern Feminism By John Davis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women of the Klan - Foundations of Modern Feminism By John Davis

A short and very insightful read into Women of the Klu Klax Klan and its influence, support and promotion by feminists of the time. Highly recommend this book. Its available on Amazon as an ebook for £4.

The picture below is an interesting one that speaks volumes. Its relevant to this book. Its of feminist icon and pro-abortion activist and planned parenthood founder Margret Sanger giving a speech to the WKKK as members of the movement give her the Nazi salute...you cannot make this stuff up.
    Last edited by Equity; 07-13-2018, 01:18 PM.

Actually, they can, and did. Here's the original photograph that this was based on...

sanger-kkk.jpg

Source While a lot of people here may be "somewhat less than impressed" by Snopes as a source, especially given how much they've gotten wrong lately, at least politically, it's quite a fascinating read and in this case, they really appear to have done their research. As far as the "Nazi" salute goes, it wasn't adopted by the Nazi party until the 1930's while Margaret Sanger spoke to the KKK in 1926. Before then, it was actually the official salute of... believe it or not... the Boy Scouts of America.
    When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh67 View Post
      Actually, they can, and did. Here's the original photograph that this was based on...

sanger-kkk.jpg

Source While a lot of people here may be "somewhat less than impressed" by Snopes as a source, especially given how much they've gotten wrong lately, at least politically, it's quite a fascinating read and in this case, they really appear to have done their research. As far as the "Nazi" salute goes, it wasn't adopted by the Nazi party until the 1930's while Margaret Sanger spoke to the KKK in 1926. Before then, it was actually the official salute of... believe it or not... the Boy Scouts of America.
      Thanks for the correction Kosh. This is a great example of how lies do more harm to a cause than good.

I want to emphasize that I did not get this picture from the book but the internet. It is purely my mistake.
      Last edited by Equity; Today, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X