Black ribbon day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Black ribbon day?

White Ribbon launch today. Please if you get the opportunity ask them if we still need to question, or the like.

http://mhaweb.squarespace.com/storage/files/Dishonesty_in_the_Domestic_Violence_Industry.pdf
    \"Anger is the real destroyer of our good human qualities; an enemy with a weapon cannot destroy these qualities, but anger can. Anger is our real enemy.\" - Dalai Lama

Comment

I have to say, I'm rather fond of the indigo ribbon idea for various reasons. <.<

Comment

It's annoying that all these colours are taken, otherwise a black ribbon would be a great idea.

What we should do though is design a T-shirt with a really clear and provocative slogan on it, and start wearing those proudly at protests and on "White Ribbon Day".

Maybe something like "So violence against men is okay, then?" or "Why aren't you saying 'Stop Violence Against EVERYONE'?" It's provocative, addresses the crux of the issue and will make people reflect on their own bigotry.

Comment

Now i want one of those shirts lol
          \"i\'m nobody that you ever wanna be,cos i know that the world is afraid of me\"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadizar View Post
            Sure, as long as it doesn't get confused with the Silver Ribbon, which ovarian cancer in Australia, gynecological cancer in New Zealand, stalking, dyslexia, and most often, best film...

Remember, women are ribbon freaks, they've already come up with a thousand of the fuckers.
            Agreed. We don't need no ribbons!

Seriously, using a ribbon would send the wrong message IMHO. We don't need to emulate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
              Maybe something like "So violence against men is okay, then?" or "Why aren't you saying 'Stop Violence Against EVERYONE'?" It's provocative, addresses the crux of the issue and will make people reflect on their own bigotry.
              When I send an email my signature line reads "I object to violence against everyone".

Comment

I'm with brock. Ribbons are useless decorative drivel, hardly appropriate for a male statement. Our symbol should be something iconic as it relates to our movement. Personally I'd pick our recording devices, and I'd have us paint 'em pink. The tool we use to make them take responsibility, in a color that reminds them they've made it necessary.
                Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X