Incorporate the MRM.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorporate the MRM.

I would like to propose an idea that came to mind at around the time postering began taking off & mens rights activist groups began forming all around the world.
    I see AVFM.com, its radio show (& now it's forum), to be our best chance of injecting red pills into this culture. This website is slick, professional & edgy, while at the same time, it conveys the diversity & intellectual integrity of the people in this movement.

So my idea is for Mens Rights Activists in cities around the world to form groups officially affiliated with AVoiceForMen.com.

Basically, each city would create their own website (such as "MensRightsHamilton.com" or "MensRightsCalgary.com") & that website would act as a musterpoint & recruiting tool for each respective city. These sub-AVFM websites can feature Mens Rights material, news, & activist info (such as event calendars) relevant to their respective city.
    Additionally, each group will have their very own logo which is made to look similar to AVFM's. These logos can be seamlessly placed beside the AVFM one on the posters going up in each city. I've already gone ahead & done up a few examples (attached).

So...
    Potential benefits:
    -Increase traffic to mens rights websites.
    -Increase chances of newcomers "taking the red pill" by filtering them to the very best websites & articles written by the sharpest pens in the movement.
    -Personalize & cater the mens rights message to better appeal to diverse populations of people & cultures all around the world & show them the MRM is already active & in their own city. (provide people a means to effect positive change in their own community). ie) Call for the disbarment of local judges, or politicians who are clearly operating along anti-male/family agendas.
    -Provide new converts or organizations with a local channel to contact & begin contributing either time or money to the effort.
    -Inspire city to city competition among MRA groups & constantly raise the bar on activism & public outreach.
    -Make the MRM look more professional, official, & organized (& therefore more credible).
    -Lay down the groundwork for real, substantive aid for male victims, one city at a time.
    -Reduce the possibility of feminists/counter-MRM activists co-opting, miseducating, or misleading the general public or the media in terms of what the MRM is really about. (If it isn't traced back to AVFM or it's affiliate websites, it's not the real men's rights movement).
    -Provide local media with an official resource to reference for city-specific information on their local activists & their latest efforts.

Potential Problems:
    -A technology savvy individual will be required to set up, moderate & update each group's website. (hopefully not an issue as more people join the movement.)
    -More websites-more money. (again, more recruits, more contributors).
    -The poor choices or actions of 1 affiliate group could be used to smear all others. (discipline, people).

So lets have a discussion about this idea & see if we want to implement it. I'm interested to hear what you all think.

-Raz.
    Attached Files
    Screw the article, read the comments.

RE: Incorporate the MRM.

Generally, small branches from the core group are called "chapters." I think that's generally a good idea if there are enough people. Otherwise, separating everyone into a chapter can have the consequence of diluting the core group. I would say the key will be in getting enough membership.

Comment

Originally posted by GT66
      Generally, small branches from the core group are called "chapters." I think that's generally a good idea if there are enough people. Otherwise, separating everyone into a chapter can have the consequence of diluting the core group. I would say the key will be in getting enough membership.
      Yes, "Chapters" is a more accurate term. Thanks.
      I'm in Edmonton, & we already have a website (sort of) called MensRightsEdmonton.com. We promote both sites & I don't see this diluting problem happening. I'm convinced that if we implement this format right away, it will help us increase our membership.
      Appreciate your input.

Comment

AVfM is an LLC registered in Texas. If there are people interested in forming chapters in their local area, I am very supportive of the idea. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. I have been really swamped.

I think the first order of business would be to get a volunteer coordinator that would work with me on development of a charter. Hopefully that would involve a person who can take the bull by the horns and run without much supervision.

I hope this discussion continues as I think this a natural direction for growth, both for the MRM and for AVfM.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          AVfM is an LLC registered in Texas. If there are people interested in forming chapters in their local area, I am very supportive of the idea. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. I have been really swamped.

I think the first order of business would be to get a volunteer coordinator that would work with me on development of a charter. Hopefully that would involve a person who can take the bull by the horns and run without much supervision.

I hope this discussion continues as I think this a natural direction for growth, both for the MRM and for AVfM.
          I think I would like to be that chapter coordinator Paul.
          I can do what Duckman did & get the masculinists to create the first AVFM chapter website for Edmonton. I can also get in contact with Earl Silverman in Calgary to work with me on getting a calgary chapter started.

Once we get at least one chapter website set up, it will act as our cookie cutter for all others. Perhaps we should schedule a skype or sticam chat to develop the idea? Whenever you got time Paul. I work Monday-Friday until 5pm. (You are 1 hour ahead of me timezone-wise.)

Comment

That would be fantastic. There is a question here, though. But rather than discuss it here I am going to start a thread on it and hopefully get some discussion going. It has to do with the term "masculinist,' and its implications. Not a huge deal but worth discussing.

Comment

hi, I'm new here but want to put in a thought... I agree with the doubt about the term 'masculinists'. We don't like feminists as they're not balanced, same idea could be projected with another 'ist'.

So any term including 'men's rights ' would be better.

cheers all

Comment

I would love to get a chapter going in my country, but my country is so far behind that I doubt a single other male would want to participate, sigh.

Comment

I like the idea but I see some minor issues.

Unfortunately, when chapters start forming, they begin to all go in their separate ways,

This poses some issues, and ultimately leads to in fighting. Something we cannot afford.

I support the idea, but it has to be very carefully done.
                  You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.....

Comment

Working...
                  X