Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Anglia online!

Hi all,

I am in Cambridgeshire, but within short travel distance of Norfolk, Peterborough, Linconshire, Northamptonshire...Suffolk, Bedfordshire and Essex are a bit further away, but I'm still keen to know who is around.

Shout out if you are within East Anglia region!

Aimee
    Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.
    George Fox

RE: East Anglia online!

Hey there! Good to see you here.
    My blog thing: andy-man.net

Comment

Hi, Aimee.

You were right about a forum coming then. And sooner than you said.

Looks like a decent enough system.

Though this: "There is also some male space provided where we ask that men only post." from here: http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/activism/avfm-launches-forum-for-activists/ ...That seems really very strange and utterly ridiculous to me. What on earth would that be for? I don't get it.

- Max

Comment

Originally posted by Max-Folder
        Hi, Aimee.

You were right about a forum coming then. And sooner than you said.

Looks like a decent enough system.

Though this: "There is also some male space provided where we ask that men only post." from here: http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/activism/avfm-launches-forum-for-activists/ ...That seems really very strange and utterly ridiculous to me. What on earth would that be for? I don't get it.

- Max
        Hey, I have no worries about male only spaces.

The only female only space I take any advantage of is the women's only swim session once a week, and that is because I can usually find a bit of clear space to do some fast crawl lengths, because most of the ladies are doing a sedate breast stroke.
        George Fox

Comment

I was kind of asking everyone... Hoping that some Admin would stumble on it and reply. There appears to be no explanation anywhere (that I can find) explaining the rationale for it.

I wanted to avoid looking like an asshole, so I decided against posting a thread in that section with a "What the hell is the meaning of this?" topic.

Comment

If the spam bots get cleared then I'm sure someone will answer.
            One fairly hot topic has been the pressure to shift the men's sheds movement in Australia into gender inclusiveness. My Dad is a 'sheddie' and his bitch of a partner would stop him going if she though he might spend time with women there - I believe if he is ever going to safely escape that relationship it will be because someone in his shed realises he's being abused and helps him get safe...
            George Fox

Comment

In Cambridge. Be good to get an avfm speaker and get students here to learn about men's issues.

I am not a student but I know some.

Comment

Females are socially dominant and like taking over male spaces. Male space is needed for two reasons.

Men need space to breath away from a female dominated society. Also it is a good political statement, women need to be told no, they need to be publicly bared from male spaces to let them know their privilege has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by tamerlame View Post
                  Females are socially dominant and like taking over male spaces. Male space is needed for two reasons.

Men need space to breath away from a female dominated society. Also it is a good political statement, women need to be told no, they need to be publicly bared from male spaces to let them know their privilege has limits.
                  Wrong board?

Comment

For the record, this IS a MALE SAFE SPACE first and foremost. We do not ban women from being here as long as they do not begin dictating how we should be, do, and act. Besides, identifying male/female members would be a rather difficult thing to do, let alone enforce....

TMOTS

Comment

Working...
                    X