Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

62% of women admit to having rape fantasies.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I believe there are women who fantasize of being raped? Yes. Do I believe there are men who fantasize about raping women. Yes. I personally know men and women who do, BUT I also believe this study might be misleading in terms of both percentages and labels.

In my personal experience most women fantasize about being RAVISHED (pretense of non-consent) and a smaller percentage of people about actual rape (non-consent). And, I think that a lot of people might use the words 'rape fantasy' when they actually mean 'ravishment fantasy'. I like the way Bortasz put it. The woman pretends to not want to have sex and the man instinctively knows it's just a test to see if he will take charge or not.

I have both rape and ravishment fantasies, but the ravishment fantasies far outweigh the rape fantasies and even in the rape fantasies I do not 'get physically hurt'.
    Last edited by Berne; 11-14-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ro-bot View Post
      I think i should, as a chick, maybe clear some of this up? but know, its just me explaining... myself ... which i am usually bad at but OK HERE WE GO!

when i first become.. i guess aware of my sexuality i did have lots of sex dreams or fantasies.now, i am a very sexual person. i think about sex more than anybody should.i may have rationalized it differently then others but the "rape" dreams are basically more about someone taking you and giving you what you want. showing you what you like. but also, these fantasies, are just that. a lot of people think about killing others and doing other things they would never otherwise do. i think its important to realize that. Just b.c someone has fantasies of some hot guy pushing you up against a wall in an ally way and banging you nice and dirty doesnt mean they actually want to do that, because regardless, that is scary as shit. i think thats pretty simple to understand.

Now in the BDSM community there are people that are into what they call "consensual non-consent" but to me the concept seems mostly just like hardcore sadomasochism. those who take that stuff seriously are really good at getting into the head space of " i do not want this."

besides, i'm sure lots of guys have rape fantasies as well and do go around actually wanting to rape people.
      I've had fantasies of being sexually assaulted by a woman, but I've also actually experienced being sexually assaulted by a woman. I'd also suffered childhood molestation and wonder how much that might have contributed to such fantasies. I'm a heterosexual male and she was physically attractive. In spite of that, the experience traumatized me especially since it was unprotected. You're absolutely correct that to fantasize about it and to actually experience it are two different things entirely.

Perhaps ironically, my 'rape' fantasies escalated to ever more masochistic sex fantasies finally bordering on the macabre after I'd experienced the real thing. These fantasies intertwined with suicidal ideation and I sometimes had difficulty drawing the line between them.

I wonder how much past trauma might contribute to such fantasies.
      Last edited by Marteno; 12-27-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Berne View Post
        Do I believe there are women who fantasize of being raped? Yes. Do I believe there are men who fantasize about raping women. Yes. I personally know men and women who do, BUT I also believe this study might be misleading in terms of both percentages and labels.

In my personal experience most women fantasize about being RAVISHED (pretense of non-consent) and a smaller percentage of people about actual rape (non-consent). And, I think that a lot of people might use the words 'rape fantasy' when they actually mean 'ravishment fantasy'. I like the way Bortasz put it. The woman pretends to not want to have sex and the man instinctively knows it's just a test to see if he will take charge or not.

I have both rape and ravishment fantasies, but the ravishment fantasies far outweigh the rape fantasies and even in the rape fantasies I do not 'get physically hurt'.
        Berne is back? Or perhaps we've just been on different threads as of late. Good to see you post again.

It is probably worth noting that what Berne calls being ravished, feminists would label rape. It's not hard to see were confusion might be injected into such a study.

Keep in mind the three brain model. A woman's hind brain is turned on by a male strong enough to take what he wants. Her neocortex is horrified by the idea. Her limbic system is stuck figuring out how she "feels" about it all. By nature, women are more conflicted about everything than men because the mission of our neocortex and hind brain are more in tune with each other. We have less to rationalize because our entire brain is geared toward acquiring. We don't have to worry about submitting to another being to protect us while we are completely helpless in the child bearing process.

Women have to rationalize this difference. This frequently manifests as a rape fantasy. Men need to realize this does not correlate to them actually wanting to be raped. Feminists need to realize most women do want to submit to a strong man, and when they do, they should not be labeling it as rape. Good men are loosing everything because of this nonsense.

Rape fantasies also free women from taking responsibility for their actions. How many false rape accusations are a result of some one night stand a boyfriend finds out about. It had to be rape right? She couldn't have "wanted it".

Thinking Ro-bot is being dishonest about it is simply ridiculous. We don't often get the honest opinion of women in our day to day life. Anonymous internet forums are probably the only place it exists. When you come across it, you would be wise to learn from it.

I haven't decided which is more dangerous, dating women who have such fantasies and are honest about it, or women who claim to not have such fantasies. Perhaps one of the ladies would be kind enough to weigh in.
        I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

I doubt men and women are as different as people think.

Comment

Working...
          X