Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primary source for DNA exoneration of those accused of rape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary source for DNA exoneration of those accused of rape?

I'm working on a database of useful MRM statistics that only uses reliable primary sources (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing, if you want to contribute), and I'm having trouble tracking down a source for this topic.

I've seen 2 different statistics cited on the web. Unfortunately, each have their own problems:
    • 1/3 of DNA tests exonerate the accused: every place that I've found this all ultimately point back to this 1993 Newsweek article (http://www.newsweek.com/genetics-courtroom-192258), which has absolutely no citation.
    • 1/4 of DNA tests exonerate the accused: the only place I was able to find this was in an expert's commentary on a report, which also had no data other than the statistic thrown out.

Does anyone have any idea where primary sources can be found for the rate of rape accusations/convictions that turn out to be false (or unverifiable) using DNA analysis? Thanks!

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -Sherlock Holmes

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." -Frost
    “Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.” -Jefferson

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
    "Reading makes a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man." -Bacon
    “Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said, can be said clearly.” -Wittgenstein
    “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." -Einstein
Working...
X