No announcement yet.

Male-positive TV Shows and Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Transformers dvd I recently bought, unfortunately appears to be a newer HD 3D version of the series, in which they have added 'action chicks' with coloured hair and tats. If can point me to dvds of The Transformers which do not contain action chicks, it would be much appreciated.

Comment

S.O.A is a good show and when it boils down to it is a about the bond between 'brothers'
      \"i\'m nobody that you ever wanna be,cos i know that the world is afraid of me\"

Comment

I think it might be time to reboot this thread.
        Several new shows have come out and should be added. Surprizingly man-hating Disney has 2 old shows in here and ABC has 1.
        Gotham: the first time in a long time I am seeing female villians without a tragic backstory that a man did to them
        Gravity Falls
        Phineas and Ferb
        Modern Family: The guy responsible for "No Mam", perhaps the first iteration of MRA in the media is now a surprising powerful good, competent and highly intelligent male patriarch of an extended family.

Comment

(Here's a few that I like, in no particular order...)

The Martian
          --An astronaut becomes stranded on Mars after his team assume him dead, and must rely on his ingenuity to find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. (The book was even better and IMO, well worth the read-- doesn't detract from the movie or vice-versa)

Secondhand Lions -- (One of my personal favorites) A coming-of-age story about a shy, young boy sent by his irresponsible mother to spend the summer with his wealthy, eccentric uncles in Texas.

I Am Sam -- A mentally handicapped man fights for custody of his 7-year-old daughter, and in the process teaches his cold hearted lawyer the value of love and family.

The Station Agent
          -- When his only friend dies, a man born with dwarfism moves to rural New Jersey to live a life of solitude, only to meet a chatty hot dog vendor and a woman dealing with her own personal loss.

The Man Without a Face -- The film takes place in 1968. For the past seven years, Justin McLeod (Gibson) has been living an isolated existence as a reclusive painter following a car accident which left him disfigured on the right side of his face and chest by burns sustained in a post-crash fire.

Robot & Frank -- Set in the near future, an ex-jewel thief receives a gift from his son: a robot butler programmed to look after him. But soon the two companions try their luck as a heist team.

Big Fish -- A frustrated son tries to determine the fact from fiction in his dying father's life.

My Cousin Vinny
          -- (IMO, one of the funniest movies of all time) Two New Yorkers are accused of murder in rural Alabama while on their way back to college, and one of their cousins--an inexperienced, loudmouth lawyer not accustomed to Southern rules and manners--comes in to defend them.

Armageddon -- After discovering that an asteroid the size of Texas is going to impact Earth in less than a month, N.A.S.A. recruits a misfit team of deep core drillers to save the planet.

GhostBusters -- Three former parapsychology professors set up shop as a unique ghost removal service.

Big -- When a pre-teen boy wishes to be big at a magic wish machine, he wakes up the next morning and finds himself in an adult body.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty -- When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.

Patch Adams -- The true story of a heroic man, Hunter Patch Adams, determined to become a medical doctor because he enjoys helping people. He ventured where no doctor had ventured before, using humor and pathos.

Rocky -- Rocky Balboa, a small-time boxer, gets a supremely rare chance to fight the heavy-weight champion, Apollo Creed, in a bout in which he strives to go the distance for his self-respect.

Bridge Over the River Kwai -- After settling his differences with a Japanese PoW camp commander, a British colonel co-operates to oversee his men's construction of a railway bridge for their captors - while oblivious to a plan by the Allies to destroy it.

Raiders of the Lost Ark -- Archaeologist and adventurer Indiana Jones is hired by the U.S. government to find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis.

The Flight of the Phoenix -- Survivors of a plane crash in the Mongolian desert work together to build a new plane.

M.A.S.H -- The staff of a Korean War field hospital use humor and hijinks to keep their sanity in the face of the horror of war.

HUGO -- Set in 1930s Paris, an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton.

Spare Parts -- Four Hispanic high school students form a robotics club. With no experience, 800 bucks, used car parts and a dream, this rag tag team goes up against the country's reigning robotics champion, MIT.

October Sky -- The true story of Homer Hickam, a coal miner's son who was inspired by the first Sputnik launch to take up rocketry against his father's wishes.

Dead Poets Society
          -- English teacher John Keating inspires his students to look at poetry with a different perspective of authentic knowledge and feelings.

Stand by Me -- After the death of a friend, a writer recounts a boyhood journey to find the body of a missing boy.

Saint Ralph -- Saint Ralph is the unlikely story of Ralph Walker, a ninth grader who outran everyone's expectations except his own in his bold quest of trying to win the 1954 Boston Marathon.

Simon Birch -- A young boy with stunted growth is convinced that God has a great purpose for him.

Saving Private Ryan -- Following the Normandy Landings, a group of U.S. soldiers go behind enemy lines to retrieve a paratrooper whose brothers have been killed in action.

Hamburger Hill -- A very realistic interpretation of one of the bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War.

The Cider House Rules -- A compassionate young man, raised in an orphanage and trained to be a doctor there, decides to leave to see the world.

The Life of David Gale -- A man against capital punishment is accused of murdering a fellow activist and is sent to death row.

Pay It Forward -- A young boy attempts to make the world a better place after his teacher gives him that chance.

John Q -- John Quincy Archibald takes a hospital emergency room hostage when his insurance won't cover his son's heart transplant.
          FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
          It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

this movie was good.

do yourself a favour and watch it if you want a mindless relaxing movie thats not about man-bashing.
            Originally posted by MatrixTransform
            where were you before you put yourself last?
            Originally posted by TheNarrator
            Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Berne View Post
              The Transformers dvd I recently bought, unfortunately appears to be a newer HD 3D version of the series, in which they have added 'action chicks' with coloured hair and tats. If can point me to dvds of The Transformers which do not contain action chicks, it would be much appreciated.
              I don't know what language your children speak. If you want the English version, this is probably what you are looking for.

Comment

I miss Berne.

didnt mind the sitcom 'The Ranch'.

there is more in that than there seems.
                "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Some '80s anime that I've rewatched recently that would easily qualify
                  Armored Trooper Votoms
                  Space Adventure Cobra
                  Sadly these kind of shows aren't getting made much anymore.

Comment

I like this TV Commercial from Hefty plastic Trash Bags.

The guy definitely goes his own way. Watch him exit the store and register his thoughts of the women.

hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PrQXYYz9zQ
                    sigpic

Comment

Rogue One was so much better than Force Awakens.

Comment

Originally posted by astr592 View Post
                        Rogue One was so much better than Force Awakens.
                        was total garbage if you ask me
                        they also re-filmed 75% of female scenes right before release after a test audience hated it for man bashing.
                        Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

this is awesome..dont let the shitty trailer fool you..one of the best movies ever made.

Comment

Looks promising. Played a great Punisher in the second season of Daredevil.

Hits Netflix on 11/17.
                            "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                            "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

i wish they had brought thomas jane back honestly.

looks really corny here in trailer but the movies probably the best punisher were ever gonna get.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobos View Post
                                Some '80s anime that I've rewatched recently that would easily qualify
                                Armored Trooper Votoms
                                Space Adventure Cobra
                                Sadly these kind of shows aren't getting made much anymore.

holy fuck i forgot about space adventure cobra

Comment

Working...
                                X