#GamerGate - A Reminder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #GamerGate - A Reminder

Every day I watch #GamerGate I'm simply amazed at the talent and resilience of our gaming community. This is an incredible production in quality and words.

ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

This is beautiful indeed.

Throughout my years I spent with games and gaming, I've seen lots of wonderful things happen. And most of these things came to be thanks to communities who shared their love. And thanks to the internet, these communities have been able to do even greater things. These commonities have sparked wonderful pieces of art, music and even games themselves. The amount of creative people is overwhelming. We did see this from the My Little Pony fandom, aka the Bronies. We see it from the gamers. And we will continue to see it from other communities yet to come. The kindness. The creativity. And the charity.

They will not stand idly when malicious people from the outside try to tear them apart.

The internet used to be an elegant medium, for a more civilized age. Before the dark times. Before the Social Justice Empire.

It will be that way again.

Comment

I am not a Gamer,but...

Applause, applause!
      Liberty, Equality, Humanity

Comment

Holy shit was that TotalBiscuit in there? Good for him, I need to subscribe to his channel again. Who cares if he's terrible at Hearthstone, he's a good guy.
        Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Just awesome.

Comment

Gaming is a 100 Billion Dollar & 100% Voluntary Free Market. Feminism's ideology does not stand a chance in those conditions. Feminism needs the power of the state to push their ideology, and the state is not going to mess around with this particularly large cash cow, not in this economy.

The beauty of all this from an MRA perspective is that others are starting to see how a community can come together and stand up against feminist's corruption of media and fight the never-ending propaganda and slander... and win.

And Gamergate will win because gamergate supporters are people who won't go to jail if they don't by a game or product from a feminist-minded company. Gamers have the power of their bank accounts, they (we) hold the cards here.

Men also wield a tremendous amount of economic power, which is what terrifies feminists and why they fight to subdue men every day. The community of men are just, fair, hardworking and deeply loving, and we don't seek to destroy but rather to build. Its why when men got their freedom the rest of the world got their freedom.

You want more freedom, free more men from political and religious slavery.

Comment

Very Good and glad to hear some good news once in awhile..

Comment

The Gamers are coming, the Gamers are coming!

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
                Every day I watch #GamerGate I'm simply amazed at the talent and resilience of our gaming community. This is an incredible production in quality and words.
                "It was more than mere chance that brought feminism and the media to the gaming industry. A great power has been sleeping here for many long years. The antics of Anita Sarkeesian and Zoey Quinn will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche in the mountains."

"A thing is about to happen at #GamerGate that has not happened since the Elder Days."

"Gamers are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
                "I am a male chauvinist. Proudly." — Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah, the dedication, activity and assertivness of those gamers is admirable.

I have been told many times how i'm wasting my life on playing video games. But i'm not at all bitter or hold grudge to those who told that and judged my hobby as useless. Because it isn't useless for even various factual reasons.

I'm just sad that they can't for some reason experience what i and tons more people get from gaming. Maybe that is one point what makes gamers kinda like an cohesive group in otherwise totally free, market driven, loose and very varied field of gaming. The strong shared experience and gaming culture. We just understand eachother as gamers. That is what culture is all about i guess. Being/feeling of equality and true belongness.

Comment

@NotViking. I love your depiction of games as a uniting culture.. It's true, go abroad, find people, speak to people about games. Bang you're friends! It really happens.

There was an article the other day about the brittish government looking for gamers to drive their tanks... It's a flawless plan because "gamers got l33t skillzors" that no one else has. There is however one obvious drawback. As soon as the enemy shouts at them that they too are avid League of Legend gamers everyone of those l33t tank drivers are going to crawl out of the tanks and compare notes.

Comment

Originally posted by willow View Post
                      @NotViking. I love your depiction of games as a uniting culture.. It's true, go abroad, find people, speak to people about games. Bang you're friends! It really happens.

There was an article the other day about the brittish government looking for gamers to drive their tanks... It's a flawless plan because "gamers got l33t skillzors" that no one else has. There is however one obvious drawback. As soon as the enemy shouts at them that they too are avid League of Legend gamers everyone of those l33t tank drivers are going to crawl out of the tanks and compare notes.
                      Yep, it does happen. I mean getting gamer friends from abroad. And because of internet multiplayer/other social internet features one does not even have to travel.

Overall gaming as hobby, technology and especially as phenomenom is powerful and evergrowing. Surpassing every other form of entertainment media by miles. So it is no suprise that it pretty much wipes the floor with phenomenoms/ideologies like feminism, not that i specifically want gaming to really crush anything or any other hobby/technology. Let everyone have their own thing. But still, some things like gaming just are and most likely will be in the future.

Things in future regarding industry, employment, warfare, automation of societys and all that stuff will change pretty drastically. In ever increasing pace. Again, only thing that doesn't seem to change is stoneaged social norms/laws and stereotypic attitudes/prejudice. It is the most scary and worrying part about the future in general imo.

Comment

I think what many do not realize is the online gaming community is one of the largest social media conglomerations. People are not mindlessly playing, they are getting to know each other and communicating.
                        ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                        virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                        AVFM Mission Statement
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
                          I think what many do not realize is the online gaming community is one of the largest social media conglomerations. People are not mindlessly playing, they are getting to know each other and communicating.
                          Gaming guilds are like extended families over time. They have their fair share of family drama as well, but the structure does encourage more than just short term friendships and relationships.

Gamers are not just isolated nerds in basements... we are educated networking nerds in basements. We prefer basements because they keep our processors cooler, running at more optimum speeds that the hotter main an upper levels of our house. Plus we are less of a distraction for the other occupants in the home.

I've made friends with people all over planet earth, of all genders and sexes, and the only thing I care about his how you play and how you treat me. Unless you bring your gender up and try to use it as some kind of special get-out-of-jail free pass for bad behavior, nobody cares. Nobody should care either, just those who believe themselves morally superior and that need the power of the state to impose their morality on others.

Comment

Working...
                          X