The Simpsons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
    So how about this from another cartoon "Fairly Odd Parents" my 8 year old kid was watching. What kind of message is it sending him.

More Blatant MAN-HATING from Feminists.

TO OUR BOYS!!!

What "PATRIARCHY" has HE **EVER** belonged to? So who really are the OPPRESSORS here???

I simply don't let my kids watch crap like that, just like I don't serve them crap food. I control the remote. I screen shows first. If they do get to see crap like that at other venues I simply explain to them why it's crap.

The pleasant side-effect of not allowing this crap into my home is that I don't get annoyed by it, since it is quite simply absent.

Comment

Future generations will look at this the same way we look at red scare.
      I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Berne View Post
        I simply don't let my kids watch crap like that, just like I don't serve them crap food. I control the remote. I screen shows first. If they do get to see crap like that at other venues I simply explain to them why it's crap.

The pleasant side-effect of not allowing this crap into my home is that I don't get annoyed by it, since it is quite simply absent.

My kid saw it while he was in the hospital. I happened to be sitting there with him and saw it at the same time. It pissed me off pretty good. He's no longer allowed to watch cartoon network.
        FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
        It's time to call it out for what it is.
        == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
        http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

My kid saw it while he was in the hospital. I happened to be sitting there with him and saw it at the same time. It pissed me off pretty good. He's no longer allowed to watch cartoon network.
          These days it's probably a good idea. The sad thing about is that, in my opinion, Cartoon Network is the least misandric of the "Big Three" kids networks, and yet it still is quite misandrist. Even a good deal of people I know in college are giant fans of these shows, because they are "progressive."

Comment

Idem dito. I try to treat it like MacDonalds. I don't get angry when I see a MacDonalds trashservingplace, I just tell my kids they serve crappy food in there. I understand it can be ennerving, but look at it this way: MacDonalds once every three months beyond your will (during another friend's birthday party for example) isn't going to ruin your kid's health, nor is Cartoon Network once every three months going to ruin his mind. You're a good dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Berne View Post
              Idem dito. I try to treat it like MacDonalds. I don't get angry when I see a MacDonalds trashservingplace, I just tell my kids they serve crappy food in there. I understand it can be ennerving, but look at it this way: MacDonalds once every three months beyond your will (during another friend's birthday party for example) isn't going to ruin your kid's health, nor is Cartoon Network once every three months going to ruin his mind. You're a good dad.

Thanks for saying so. That was a nice compliment out of the blue! ;-)
              FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
              It's time to call it out for what it is.
              == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
              http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

lets face it, the simpsons has been part of the problem since it's very beginning, homer is a drooling idiot of a male role model and every male in there is bad in some way while lisa and marge are respectable and lisa is too smart for her family and marge is living her life with what its given her.. (which is beneeth her)

this show is shit.

why would you watch it?
                Originally posted by MatrixTransform
                where were you before you put yourself last?
                Originally posted by TheNarrator
                Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Working...
                X