Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xena the warrior princess - who remembers this show?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xena the warrior princess - who remembers this show?

    i was thinking about things.

    and.. looking back. i dont think there ever has been or ever will be a show or movie that was this misandrist. this sexist against men and this feministic

    who of you watched it back in the day and havnt thought of it? brainwashing at its finest.
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  • #2
    I watched it. I also remember that before the show she was a character on the show Hercules and it was Hercules who set her on the path to becoming who she was in the show.

    ETA: That is to say, no matter how "awesome" Xena was, she owed it all to a man.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JamesNunya View Post
      I watched it. I also remember that before the show she was a character on the show Hercules and it was Hercules who set her on the path to becoming who she was in the show.

      ETA: That is to say, no matter how "awesome" Xena was, she owed it all to a man.
      lol yeah but the entire xena show is as feminist as they go.

      the innitial point never occured in the xena show i think it was in herc.

      i liked herc when i was a kid but i watched both.. what a terrible show.
      Originally posted by MatrixTransform
      where were you before you put yourself last?
      Originally posted by TheNarrator
      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

      Comment


      • #4
        Eh, didn't notice. I did enjoy how deep they went into exploring various mythologies though, but frankly, I though the lesbian angle was played up into a caricature.

        What did upset me was how Hercules went down hill so rapidly over time...and then how Kevin Sorbo went on to ruin Andromeda.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't remember the misandry. I do remember it got oddly homo-erotic as the show went on.

          I do remember that Bruce Campbell would star on Xena or Hercules from time to time. Always stole the show when he did.
          "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
          "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mifune View Post
            I do remember that Bruce Campbell would star on Xena or Hercules from time to time. Always stole the show when he did.

            that he did.

            but yeah. seriously. i just went through re-watching the ENTIRE series.. the girlfriend wanted to.

            even she hated it this time around its so misandrist..

            not talking about lesbianism
            talking about EVERYMAN is used by xena. she uses them and never cares about them.
            everman is a bumbling retard.
            etc etc etc

            its ridiculous that we grew up with this brainwashing and never realized.

            its disgusting.
            Originally posted by MatrixTransform
            where were you before you put yourself last?
            Originally posted by TheNarrator
            Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

            Comment


            • #7
              Both this shows were trash, just like Andromeda, just like Buffy and the rest of this bunch, the acting was subpar, stories were generic, i only watched that stuff because that was before internet and i was bored to death.
              I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                Both this shows were trash, just like Andromeda, just like Buffy and the rest of this bunch, the acting was subpar, stories were generic, i only watched that stuff because that was before internet and i was bored to death.
                agreed

                but have you actually analized xena? after rewatching it i cannot get over the brainwashing thats found in it.
                Originally posted by MatrixTransform
                where were you before you put yourself last?
                Originally posted by TheNarrator
                Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                  agreed

                  but have you actually analized xena? after rewatching it i cannot get over the brainwashing thats found in it.
                  I was far more worried by the brainwashing in Star Trek, i grew up with that show, drunk it like mother´s milk, for a time i was a biggest Trekkie (well ok that´s exaggeration i never went so far to buy uniforms and stuff), even got my brother into it (sadly, since recently i heard him basically say that curbing civil liberties is ok in pursuit of utopia) only to later reflect on it and notice all the socialist propaganda finely woven into the very fabric of the show. They are far more subtle about it though, not as in your face as Xena, they distract you with flashy explosions and technobabble all the the while slowly brainwashing you, very sinister.
                  I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                    i was thinking about things.

                    and.. looking back. i dont think there ever has been or ever will be a show or movie that was this misandrist. this sexist against men and this feministic

                    who of you watched it back in the day and havnt thought of it? brainwashing at its finest.

                    I never bothered to watch it. It was just too far over the top for me.
                    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                    It's time to call it out for what it is.



                    The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

                    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                      I was far more worried by the brainwashing in Star Trek, i grew up with that show, drunk it like mother´s milk, for a time i was a biggest Trekkie (well ok that´s exaggeration i never went so far to buy uniforms and stuff), even got my brother into it (sadly, since recently i heard him basically say that curbing civil liberties is ok in pursuit of utopia) only to later reflect on it and notice all the socialist propaganda finely woven into the very fabric of the show. They are far more subtle about it though, not as in your face as Xena, they distract you with flashy explosions and technobabble all the the while slowly brainwashing you, very sinister.

                      Yeah, I grew up with Star Trek too. The original series and then later Star Trek NG. I liked some of the offshoots, but I absolutely hated Voyager. *BLECH* Except for 7-of-9 and her skintight catsuit... That's the thing with Feminist bullshit-- sooner or later they have to take off their clothes and waggle their tits to attract any male interest at all.
                      FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                      It's time to call it out for what it is.



                      The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

                      http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mr_e View Post
                        I never bothered to watch it. It was just too far over the top for me.
                        i never really watched it or enjoyed it. but i did watch it like anon said because there was nothing else on or what-not. or others had it on. and it is the most misandrist show ive ever seen!!!!
                        Originally posted by MatrixTransform
                        where were you before you put yourself last?
                        Originally posted by TheNarrator
                        Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                          I was far more worried by the brainwashing in Star Trek, i grew up with that show, drunk it like mother´s milk, for a time i was a biggest Trekkie (well ok that´s exaggeration i never went so far to buy uniforms and stuff), even got my brother into it (sadly, since recently i heard him basically say that curbing civil liberties is ok in pursuit of utopia) only to later reflect on it and notice all the socialist propaganda finely woven into the very fabric of the show. They are far more subtle about it though, not as in your face as Xena, they distract you with flashy explosions and technobabble all the the while slowly brainwashing you, very sinister.
                          yeah i was more of a trek fan than xena as well. and it sure had its issues you are right.

                          but my point is more than the brainwashing in xena wasnt even hidding...

                          and no one minded.
                          Originally posted by MatrixTransform
                          where were you before you put yourself last?
                          Originally posted by TheNarrator
                          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                            i was thinking about things.

                            and.. looking back. i dont think there ever has been or ever will be a show or movie that was this misandrist. this sexist against men and this feministic

                            who of you watched it back in the day and havnt thought of it? brainwashing at its finest.
                            I saw a few episodes. When it was showing on tv there was a radio phone in about violence in the media. A guy called and said his son told him that girls at school were going round kicking boys, inspired to do so by watching Xena. He said he then watched the show, and it seemed to him to be anti-men. A woman then phoned, saying that girls kicking boys was a sign of equality!

                            Comment


                            • #15


                              I love this just for the end line:

                              Lisa: Xena can't fly.
                              Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena, I'm Lucy Lawless.
                              "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                              "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X