Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

movies from the 80's vs movies of today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movies from the 80's vs movies of today.

So pretty much my sisters been showing her kid he's 8. movies from all eras. like she'll show him movies from the 80's and he loves them and asks for more and recent movies hold very little appeal apparently.

my sister talked about it and it made me think of a few movies so i showed them to the girlfriend...

and then i got to thinking..and he likes them more cause he see's theres no narrative in them. the new movies are all

female > male
    black > white
    etc etc etc

the old movies were just wholesome..

and he see's that.

it blew me away
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

I've been thinking something similar about the new Death Wish Movie. I've only seen trailers, but I'm having a really hard time seeing Bruce Willis measuring up to ol' Charlie Bronson.

I've been saying for awhile that it feels like the art of story-telling as a whole might be in decline.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

i think its because of the narratives. instead of just trying to tell a story they try to push their ideals.
      OR they are warped by their own ideals.

look at star wars prime example.

have you seen Dredd? its a fairly recent movie
      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

I was just watching "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy last week. I was thinking, "there is no way they would make this movie today"

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
          i think its because of the narratives. instead of just trying to tell a story they try to push their ideals.
          OR they are warped by their own ideals.

look at star wars prime example.

have you seen Dredd? its a fairly recent movie
          Haven't seen Dredd.

Not a huge fan of the new Star Wars movies. Partly because they go out of their way to pander to nostalgia. Force Awakens felt so formulaic.
          "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
          "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

yeah i only like episode 4 5 and 6. anything else star wars is filth in my books.

and you should see dredd if you know anything about the comic. (even if not)

Comment

Working...
            X