Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Böneutrop (adhan)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Böneutrop (adhan)

    Sweden is at it again... in the next video a Mosque in the city of Böneutrop is broadcasting with speakers the adhan or muslim call to worship.

    This of course after they have prevented christian churches to ring bells to do their worship calls, something about noise pollution... Law enforcement is present to make sure to protect the muslim rights to annoy neighbors...


  • #2
    Originally posted by simpleman View Post
    Sweden is at it again... in the next video a Mosque in the city of Böneutrop is broadcasting with speakers the adhan or muslim call to worship.

    This of course after they have prevented christian churches to ring bells to do their worship calls, something about noise pollution... Law enforcement is present to make sure to protect the muslim rights to annoy neighbors...

    Sry, I have to correct you on this.

    https://www.metro.se/artikel/moskc3a...visefr%C3%A5ga

    The town is called Växsjö; "böneutrop" is Swedish for "call to prayer", i.e. "adhan".
    All use of "public air" involving loudspeakers requires a permit. In all of Sweden, three mosques have applied for and been given such a permit.
    It's the loudspeakers that are the issue, not the adhan itself.

    The catholic church of St Michael, also in Växsjö, also needed a permit to ring their bell.
    They had not received any permit, which they attributed to the church standing in a villa area (suburban area?).
    On further investigation, it turned out that the application never had been sent.

    But the issue is much debated, as they are keen to watch over people's "religious freedom" in the sense of "freedom from religion", which the adhan and churchbells are thought to violate.

    M

    Comment


    • #3
      OK, I got confused about town names...

      The core of the issue is as you said... making noise.

      Apparently the religion of islam commands them to be loud and make a lot of noise... so it is the fulfilling of their believe... In the other side you have people who don't want to be hearing all this noises each time a muslim or anyone else pray...

      As you can see in the video, the Muslims in this town are allowed to make noise...

      This kind of things mark a shift on cultural values. Their right to make noise prevail over the rights of people that don't want to hear this noise.

      I find this display in the video, particularly insidious... because whatever the religious verse they are basing this display on... was writing before there was any speakers technology... They are using the interpretation of the scripture that is the most invasive, territorial, aggressive and dominant possible... and they are aware this is what they are doing. How they did this before there was any speaker?

      If they want to use technology to fulfill better their commandments... Why they don't, for instance, do a radio broadcast? and so have the people interested on this things to get the radio station the broadcast is made from? that is another way to use technology to better fulfill an old commandment... Will cover an even larger area, and will not disturb people who don't want to hear this noise.

      I think they are intentionally proclaiming territory ownership.
      Last edited by simpleman; 09-18-2018, 02:32 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by simpleman View Post
        The core of the issue is as you said... making noise.

        ....

        I think they are intentionally proclaiming territory ownership.
        Well, it's actually you who got to the core of the issue; I just wanted to nudge a few of the narrative details to spare you irrelevant tangles. So ... sorry to nitpick
        To me, though, making an effort to stick to the facts, as far as possible, is the price of believing in the factual.

        FWIW, I agree with you; I just think the same thing about the catholics, although they are 500 years too late (the muslims at least have the excuse of a calendar out of sync).

        M

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Manalysis View Post

          Well, it's actually you who got to the core of the issue; I just wanted to nudge a few of the narrative details to spare you irrelevant tangles. So ... sorry to nitpick
          To me, though, making an effort to stick to the facts, as far as possible, is the price of believing in the factual.

          FWIW, I agree with you; I just think the same thing about the catholics, although they are 500 years too late (the muslims at least have the excuse of a calendar out of sync).

          M
          The worse of all are the Jehovah Witness and their obsession for knocking on my door every Saturday morning...

          Comment

          Working...
          X