Trump Says Rocks Thrown by Migrants "Will Be Considered" Firearms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Says Rocks Thrown by Migrants "Will Be Considered" Firearms

This reminds me of this new law in venezuela where throwing shit to cops is considered terrorism...

A rock can easily kill or seriously injure someone.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
      A rock can easily kill or seriously injure someone.
      Then why the hell do we expend so much money in guns???

If what you say is true the whole second amendment debate is BS... let them take the guns... arm yourself with a pile of rocks...

Claiming that a rock will be consider a gun is the alt-right equivalent of a feminist claiming that you can rape with your eyes...

I am not saying that a rock don't hurt... but... not even close to how a gun hurts...

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post

Then why the hell do we expend so much money in guns???
        Because a firearm improves:
        • accuracy
        • rate of fire
        • reload speed.

in addition to lethality.

So essentially it's because a firearm is a superior weapon to a rock. The firearm being superior as a weapon doesn't fundamentally change the danger associated with a rock. It simply changes the risks for the wielder of the rock.

If what you say is true the whole second amendment debate is BS... let them take the guns... arm yourself with a pile of rocks..
        If you're a proponent of gun control, shouldn't the question be "When will we finally get some common-sense rock control?"

Claiming that a rock will be consider a gun is the alt-right equivalent of a feminist claiming that you can rape with your eyes..
        No, saying that a rock will be considered a gun is quite literally saying "I will not order US Troops to accept violence done against them without response". They shouldn't have to stand there and let petulant, entitled people cross the border with violence or even threats of violence. And throwing rocks at people is violence.

The media spin on this is that Trump is ordering soldiers to shoot immigrants. That completely ignores the very first thing he said in this clip.

Trump (in response to question about whether there will be shooting): "I hope not, I hope not. It's the military. I hope, I hope there won't be that."
        Last edited by Mifune; 11-09-2018, 01:52 PM.
        "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
        "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
          So essentially it's because a firearm is a superior weapon to a rock...
          Ahhh.. OK.... for a moment I was feeling like in Twilight zone... The leader say a rock is consider a gun... so now it is... the leader is perfect...

I'm glad we can still understand the practical difference between a firearm and a gun... the only real way to compare them is if you don't use the gun to shoot at people but to trow it over someones head... then I can see how they compare...

So crealy Trump is wrong comparing them that way.

If you're a proponent of gun control, shouldn't the question be "When will we finally get some common-sense rock control?"
          At this moment, I am a proponent that rocks can't be consider guns...

No, saying that a rock will be considered a gun is quite literally saying "I will not order US Troops to accept violence done against them without response". They shouldn't have to stand there and let petulant, entitled people cross the border with violence or even threats of violence. And throwing rocks at people is violence.
          I see another layer to it... I think state violence usually is administrated depending on the situation... so I understand Trump message as a proclamation that the state will use extreme protocols of violence that usually reserved for special occasions.

The media spin on this is that Trump is ordering soldiers to shoot immigrants. That completely ignores the very first thing he said in this clip.
          Good think it is just the media... Imagine how it would be if for instance the military starts to make statements saying that they will not follow this presidential directives... LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X