X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Judd Reaction Part 1

Ashley Judd Reaction Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEfV75kwX4M&t

Back in 2016, Ashley Judd did a TED Talk. In this TED Talk, Ashley Judd telegraphed the moves the establishment was planning to do. Naturally enough given that this was a Feminist crowd and in San Francisco she made it all sound nice and safe With the advantage of hindsight, we can see that it wasn't.

Broken down into two parts for easier viewing

I'll try to listen to this when I have time, but on an Ashley Judd note.

Skip to 27:05 (it's actually 27:10, but you might one a second or two of context) unless you want to shoot yourself. She says: "And of course the Hierarchy of Needs is that Connection and Belonging is Number 1"

Now Maslow's Hierarchy actually has 2 layers before belonging:
    Physiological - Food, Shelter, Water, Air etc...
    Safety - Personal Emotional Security

So Ashely Judd is sooooo privileged that she can't even recognize that some people live in neighborhoods where they still have to worry about their safety, and other people worry about whether they'll even be able to eat today. But somebody writing something nasty on line threatens her sense of belonging so that needs to be dealt with first.

"...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
      I'll try to listen to this when I have time, but on an Ashley Judd note.
      Interesting ... " 'We can't just take anything down every time anyone calls' ..." ; "I'm sick and tired of the Youtube crowd ..." ;
      "I'm totally aggravated that they /Twitter/ haven't reached out to me yet" ... and so on, and so on.
      No "Teacher" to report to, to give those pesky boys a talking-to, and be sympathetic to you ...
      This just won't do ...!

One can really see who is behind the SoMe free speech crackdowns, and why. And then we, too, "despair of humanity".

Skip to 27:05 (it's actually 27:10, but you might one a second or two of context) unless you want to shoot yourself.
      She says: "And of course the Hierarchy of Needs is that Connection and Belonging is Number 1"

Now Maslow's Hierarchy actually has 2 layers before belonging:
      Physiological - Food, Shelter, Water, Air etc...
      Safety - Personal Emotional Security
      Nah ... I don't hear it as her not knowing her Maslow, I hear her claiming Connection and Belonging as the top value level,
      replacing "self-realization", which may just reflect women's different perspective on what is important in life.
      OTOH these women have probably never heard of the "Safety" level, not to mention the "Food, water, shelter" level.

M

Comment

Working...
      X