Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kill him while he's sleeping? That's self defence.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill him while he's sleeping? That's self defence.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politi...Law-Commission

The commission's report on family violence laws, requested by the Government, has recommended lowering the threshold for self-defence to help women who "have endured years of trauma and abuse".
    At least there's no pretense of gender neutrality about it.

Anyway, is it true this is the law in Aus and the UK?

• Mifune
    replied
    Originally posted by dubs View Post

That 12 months of home detention women get for killing their spouses in New Zealand is harsh.

12 months home detention
    What did you do, steal a pack of cigarettes?
    "Nah, murdered hubby, he was getting on my nerves."

Thats right up there with the UK.

Some woman ran over a man and all they gave her was a 500 pound fine.

They can just murder you and it's like getting a parking ticket.

Black Lives Matter and some Celebs are pushing HARD for clemency for a woman named Cynotia Brown. Their claim is that she's a victim of "sex trafficking" who killed her pimp in self-defense and she shouldn't have to serve her 51 year sentence. They've been running incredibly misleading articles the claim those things.

In truth, she picked up a guy in a parking lot who took her for food, and then back to his place. She claims they never had sex but he was "making her afraid" and she shot him in self defense. Only problem is the body was laying in bed, in a peaceful sleeping position with hand folded under his head and a bullet fired point-blank into the back of his head. She then stole his car, a couple of guns, $172 in cash and then returned to her boyfriend / pimp.

The really scary thing is that the media is running articles suggesting she killed her pimp when in fact she killed and robbed a complete stranger. She also told her mom on the phone from jail that she "executed him" and laughed about it.

Leave a comment:

• dubs
    replied

That 12 months of home detention women get for killing their spouses in New Zealand is harsh.

12 months home detention
    What did you do, steal a pack of cigarettes?
    "Nah, murdered hubby, he was getting on my nerves."

Thats right up there with the UK.

Some woman ran over a man and all they gave her was a 500 pound fine.

They can just murder you and it's like getting a parking ticket.

Last edited by dubs; 12-18-2018, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mifune
    replied
    Women should have carte-blanc to execute men in their sleep. Men are on average physically larger and stronger than women, and women live in a constant state of fear from any and every man that exists. Plus by nature of being more Agreeable (and passive aggressive) we can assume that women have only the purest of motives. There's absolutely no possibility of women abusing this power, they're far to nice and moral for that.

https://www.fiscaltiger.com/divorce-...et-everything/
    https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/the...of-protection/

Leave a comment:

• TheDarkMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
    There's been only one case of it I know in the UK, where a 34 y.o woman from India who claims to have been abused by her husband for a decade set fire to his blanket and ran, he was asleep at the time and she ran. This was a long time back, in Spring of 89. She claimed he'd tried to break her ankles, so she was trying to show him what it was like not to be able to walk.

She was initially convicted of Murder the same year but I know for a fact the Punjabi community has a long history of violence against womenfolk, she was likely telling the truth about her husband being abusive. A women's rights group was formed to help her, they paid for a legal appeal on the basis of Diminished Mental Responsibility. She couldn't speak much English (even after 10 years here).

However there is no proof, one way or the other that she knew her actions would lead to his death, and so her conviction was quashed and reduced to Manslaughter 3 years later, and was sentenced to 3 years (already served) and released.

Personally I believe she should have done a lot longer, the law is an ass.

Alhuwalia - she had 2 restraining orders against her husband. So why the fuck was she still living with him?

Also Jane Andrews, now back in prison: https://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/...-timeline.html

live hang out Friday:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBO8rH4vos

Leave a comment:

• Manalysis
    replied
    Originally posted by mr_e View Post
    I wish someone I care about wasn't so far away.
    Sombre mood these days ...?

M

Leave a comment:

• mr_e
    replied
    I wish someone I care about wasn't so far away.

Leave a comment:

• mr_e
    replied
    Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
    Yes.

One might profitably contrast it with the defense of "provocation", which is available to men, too, it seems, althoug not very useful:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...Sophies-legacy
    Compare the arguments against provocation with the argumentrs for killing in self-defense.
    I find the "judges and jurys must be educated on the true nature of domestic abuse" mantra interesting:
    "You must believe the dogma of the Duluth model!"

Another thing is: why does it specifically have to condone _killing_?
    Why not allowing them to, say, maim, in order to escape? Like, shooting the guy in the foot, or leg, or shoulder?
    My guess is the obvious one: killing silences the one who could have made a counter-presentation of the case.

M

Strange fruit, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Manalysis
    replied
    Originally posted by FlightlessBird View Post
    http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politi...Law-Commission
    At least there's no pretense of gender neutrality about it.
    Yes.

One might profitably contrast it with the defense of "provocation", which is available to men, too, it seems, althoug not very useful:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...Sophies-legacy
    Compare the arguments against provocation with the argumentrs for killing in self-defense.
    I find the "judges and jurys must be educated on the true nature of domestic abuse" mantra interesting:
    "You must believe the dogma of the Duluth model!"

Another thing is: why does it specifically have to condone _killing_?
    Why not allowing them to, say, maim, in order to escape? Like, shooting the guy in the foot, or leg, or shoulder?
    My guess is the obvious one: killing silences the one who could have made a counter-presentation of the case.

M

Leave a comment:

• Jaybee
    replied
    There's been only one case of it I know in the UK, where a 34 y.o woman from India who claims to have been abused by her husband for a decade set fire to his blanket and ran, he was asleep at the time and she ran. This was a long time back, in Spring of 89. She claimed he'd tried to break her ankles, so she was trying to show him what it was like not to be able to walk.

She was initially convicted of Murder the same year but I know for a fact the Punjabi community has a long history of violence against womenfolk, she was likely telling the truth about her husband being abusive. A women's rights group was formed to help her, they paid for a legal appeal on the basis of Diminished Mental Responsibility. She couldn't speak much English (even after 10 years here).

However there is no proof, one way or the other that she knew her actions would lead to his death, and so her conviction was quashed and reduced to Manslaughter 3 years later, and was sentenced to 3 years (already served) and released.

Personally I believe she should have done a lot longer, the law is an ass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X