No announcement yet.

Sir Cliff Richard says he will 'never recover' from false sex abuse claims

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think we're very much on the same page void
    the one thing i still dont think you understand is just how much this is the way it is

you say if it hits to home they will understand

yes but any change will be temporary until gynocentrism re-establishes itself

very few people are cognitive to the point of constantly checking themselves and other things.

and... nothing i do is quiet void. if i do this... it will be heard ...heh
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

I fully agree with you both N and V.

Cliff Richard publicly saying this is a step in the right direction, highlighting the injustice in our legal system. N, he is a millionaire several times over so if he feels so strongly about this he could put his money to good use and help prevent it in the future. His side of the story has been easier to publicise because his accuser was male, not female.

Of course, any attempt to set up a group/charity like this is fraught with danger as feminists will put pressure on people in high places to close it down before it opens. If Cliff funds it he may well become the victim of negative publicity, but that is the price that suffragettes, black civil rights leaders, and gay rights activists first faced. Besides, he does not need to publicise his financial support, nor do other famous men who have been through the same experience, and he may not be the sympathy figure that can spearhead this movement – he’s still a multi-millionaire so people can wrongly argue the damage is minimal, but that leaves the likes of you N and the rest of us to do the work that needs to be done as we’ll have the funding. First problem solved if they fund it.

Second problem - the story of falsely accused men is a story that no one wants to read - they close the book after the first few pages as the scene it sets goes against the current status quo, but it’s about skipping to the end, which at present hasn’t been written.

V, you are absolutely right, if the focus is on the accused it won’t get far, but focus on the innocent, although still likely to be unpopular with large parts of society, can be easier to justify. As someone here said, feminism has been growing for years, it started small, changing small things, until it has ballooned into the oppressive ideology it is now. MRAs may need to start small and change small things, bringing publicity to the clearly unjust, before it can even think about tackling the larger issues.