X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxx View Post
    I agree with this 100%.
    me too actually,

maxx and i hate a very long debate once (the only one i consider him to have lost between he and i) about circumcision, its very important issue.

but.. this is more dire and this is also directly related to child rearing which isnt being done.. and i find those 2 both more important than circ.
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
      me too actually,

maxx and i hate a very long debate once (the only one i consider him to have lost between he and i) about circumcision, its very important issue.

but.. this is more dire and this is also directly related to child rearing which isnt being done.. and i find those 2 both more important than circ.
      I've stated once or twice my reasons for supporting action against circumcision and for calling it male genital mutilation. It's an important issue and shouldn't be dismissed by anyone who hasn't read up and researched the full extent of what happens across different types of cutting. That said, education is a better issue to open things up. As an issue it is being done to boys by state policy and pushed forward by state employees that should be removed from their positions. Routine drugging of boys is not okay, designing an education that will never work for a large percentage of boys is a travesty. This is directly being done to boys by the state on feminist orders. Circumcision is done by religious groups and a much smaller group who believe false information about penis hygiene.

Quality of education is accepted in the west as a necessary foundation to quality of future life and economic prosperity. But this issue is even worse than if it was just denying boys a place in a decent school, it's enforcing upon boys a bad education by deception and malpractice then claims that is decent schooling.
      "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
      Originally posted by menrppl2
      Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

In the US, boys are behind girls in literacy/reading *at every single level* and have been for *decades*. Not a single one of the studies done on literacy will mention this point, other than as a footnote. Reading is the key to nearly all other subjects. There is no national literacy/reading program for boys, there never has been one and there are no proposals for one. The US Department of Education has nearly 5,000 formal employees and nearly a $100B budget, but it has no national reading initiative for boys.

Most literacy experts agree that if a child does not read on grade level by the end of third grade, they will *never* read on grade level and will never catch up to the girls. There is no reading instruction after third grade, in most schools. A generation or so ago, this didn't matter as much - there were plenty of jobs for people who struggled with reading. That era is in the long ago past. After a certain point, you have to ask yourself if this is intentional. It is quite clear that this is intentional, imo.

A boy who cannot read well will become unemployed or have great difficulty gaining and keeping employment. A chronically unemployed male will often resort to crime and drugs. A chronically unemployed male will become depressed and despondent. A chronically unemployed male will find it near impossible to attract and keep a female. A chronically unemployed male will often be homeless. A chronically unemployed male will often take his life.

Comment

Working...
        X