Suffering in silence: the emotional abuse of men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffering in silence: the emotional abuse of men

When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

I think this man is still stuck in his own little blue pill dystopia. First off, he's a big sweaty fat guy. Chicks don't dig that. Second, you can only be emotionally abused if you seek external validation. This man doesn't hold his own frame.

His father taught him the truth. The problem is he only taught half of it. If you think men will judge you harshly for showing emotions, just wait until you realize what the women in your life do. You might now realize it right away, because the men will simply call you a pussy an laugh directly at you. Then they are done for the most part. The women will offer a supportive shoulder while they are with you but the venom in their mouths will spill into the ear of every person you know.

This guy needs to know:
    1) He's fat. It should be himself that realizes this and corrects it. His woman shouldn't have to chide him into it.
    2) He needs to stop seeking external validation. He's acting like a feminist by looking externally for self worth. If you don't like yourself, you can't expect other people to like you either.
    3) A man should only show emotion to people that have proven themselves worthy and still realize that at least half of those people are going to disappoint you when you do it. Women live in a world of what "should be". Men live in the world of "how things are". It sucks, but crying about it publicly is only going to get you disrespected and that includes this Ted Talk.
    4) Holding frame is critical.
    5) His father correctly taught him to not show emotion. Remember how well he admits this has served him. What his father left out, and perhaps didn't know himself was that you still need to learn how to process these emotions. You can't just push them down. They become destructive.
    6) Process your emotions in moments of quiet self reflection. Decide if the emotion is self inflicted. If it is, fix it. If it isn't, then take comfort in this and let it dissipate. If the emotion is caused by the the death of a loved one or something similar, it's OK to feel sad. Having emotions isn't bad. Puking them out in public will simply not serve you well. And yes, that's not the way it "should" be, it's just the way it is.
    I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Working...
    X