No announcement yet.

Toxic Masculinity and Other Dubious Subjects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't bother starting a blog if I were you.
    There are already dozens of them out there that barely get read by anyone.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
      Dispelling errors is ot about reforming feminists until they see the ight of truth, but removing disinformation in the head of 3rd parties.
      Look OldMan, the problem with that is that it appeals to a middle ground that does not exist.
      In my opinion your'e trying to imagine that this whole scenario is a symmetric one, when it clearly isnt.
      The asymmetry exists solely because the 'other' side has been granted an optionality that your words continue to underwrite.
      And speaking of real-world situations, there are no down-side consequences to their actions.
      While you talk you lose.
      Every concession you grant is a compromise that leaves you with the down-side.

Same way that managers of corporations get rewarded daily, monthly, yearly and with golden handshakes ... while the the suckers that own the shares assume the risk.

All talk and no skin in the game.

Sure, sitting on the porch with a cold one, delighting oneself with scenarios of successful bio-psychological oneupmanship.
      But there are so many more types of situations out there in the world.
      She: [coming to the porch] Hi honey, which shoes are better do you think?
      He: You walked straight the past the fridge and didn't get me a beer?

Listen Sweetie, I will continue to provide access to shoes as long as you understand that this will be a symmetric arrangement and I guarantee that your risk exposure is at least as bad as my own
      ....otherwise you can fuck off and find another shoe-provider
      Capiche?
      "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
      "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
        I wouldn't bother starting a blog if I were you.
        There are already dozens of them out there that barely get read by anyone.
        precisely my point
        "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
        "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Sure, sitting on the porch with a cold one, delighting oneself with scenarios of successful bio-psychological oneupmanship.
          But there are so many more types of situations out there in the world.
          It sounds like you reckon winning is a bad thing ... where were you before you put yourself last?

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
            It sounds like you reckon winning is a bad thing ... where were you before you put yourself last?
            oh wow thats good.
            Originally posted by MatrixTransform
            where were you before you put yourself last?
            Originally posted by TheNarrator
            Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
              oh wow thats good.
              Guy named Michael on a forum on BPD about 15 years ago asked me the question and it was in earnest.

Shocked me at the time.

Didn't believe it was so.

but he had the wisdom of the Old Man and now, after another decade or so and a lot of water under the bridge, I probably really am starting to get it.

I still think of Michael and all the others from back then.

Was a different internets

Comment

its a brilliant question.
                Originally posted by MatrixTransform
                where were you before you put yourself last?
                Originally posted by TheNarrator
                Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Working...
                X