the abortion decision in Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the abortion decision in Canada

this is the case that they had in canada to make abortion legal and its actually interesting and might be good case law for men to look into concerning our rights

"Perhaps the most prominent majority opinion was that of Dickson C.J., with Lamer J. (as he then was) concurring. Dickson began by examining section 7. He found that section 251 forced some women to carry a fetus irrespective of her own "priorities and aspirations."

the next section will also grab you..

"Wilson J. wrote her own concurring opinion taking a significantly different approach. In it she decided that section 251 violates two rights: liberty, and security of person. She emphasized how section 251 violated a woman's personal autonomy by preventing her from making decisions affecting her and her fetus' life. To Wilson, the women's decision to abort her fetus is one that is so profound on so many levels that goes beyond being a medical decision and becomes a social and ethical one as well. By removing the women's ability to make the decision and giving it to a committee would be a clear violation of their liberty and security of person. Wilson scathingly noted that the state is effectively taking control of a woman's capacity to reproduce."

"The decision whether to terminate a pregnancy is essentially a moral decision, a matter of conscience. I do not think there is or can be any dispute about that. The question is: whose conscience? Is the conscience of the woman to be paramount or the conscience of the state? I believe, for the reasons I gave in discussing the right to liberty, that in a free and democratic society it must be the conscience of the individual."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._v._Morgentaler

http://torontoist.com/2013/01/r-v-morgentaler-25-years-later/
    The only thing that resembles "The Patriarchy" these days is Feminism itself.
Working...
X