• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morpheus
    started a topic An Australian 26 year olds thoughts and experiences

An Australian 26 year olds thoughts and experiences

Well lads, I did it.

I finally took my reproductive rights in my own hands.
    I have never wanted children in any way shape or form. Something that people have always said would change in time, yet the more time progresses the more my stance on the matter strengthens.

I decided after a few years of thought ( similar to how people should approach tattoos ) to have a vasectomy.
    The "reversible" option was chosen in case my mind changes (though I doubt it), and I now rest easy knowing that I can't be trapped or tricked, even though I do trust my partner.

Though it is disappointing that to exercise our reproductive rights at this time, it really is matter of having a surgery and sterilizing yourself.

• Morpheus
    replied
    went the armour route ,

so got to be sure no to lose a peg

Leave a comment:

• ThePawofRizzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
    You raise a fantastic point good sir. It has been confirmed Nothing but dust Documentation to support

I am familiar with this story and met a guy with a similar story once. However his was without the happy ending.
    Great idea on the vasectomy. I waited until 40 to have mine, and it's great! I've had a couple FWBs since then, and it's been nice to have the reassurance. Be sure you are shooting blanks with those initial post vasectomy tests. I knew a guy who was still shooting sperm for about a year afterward for some reason.

On a side note, when I asked the Urologist who did mine what the failure rate for vasectomies is he described it this way: "In the 20 years I've been doing this I've had five men come back questioning if their vasectomy failed because their wives/girlfriends had gotten pregnant. All five men said their wives claimed the babies belonged to their husband/boyfriend, and I retested them. In all 5 cases the men were still shooting blanks. Four of the men were not surprised, and indicated they'd seen signs that their wife/gf might not have been faithful without the pregnancy, only the 5th guy was surprised." Granted some vasectomies can fail. I know a guy who'd gotten one about 12 years ago, and he and his wife ended up preggers, and it was his. Statistically, most of the failures, per my Urologist, but also backed up by my internet research, are due to men not getting two final sterility confirmation tests so the pregnancy happens before the old sperm are "cleaned out" post vasectomy. He snipped, knotted, and cauterized me, so I'm pretty well sealed up. I have another buddy who also got a metal crimp along with the other three steps...some added "armor".

Leave a comment:

• Morpheus
    replied
    Originally posted by Usagi Yojimbo View Post
    Granted, Morpheus.

However, I would do some legal confirmation that you are indeed, as the term is, "shooting blanks."

Read about how he made sure he had documentation to avoid the trap.

It was featured on Leykis a few years ago.
    You raise a fantastic point good sir. It has been confirmed Nothing but dust Documentation to support

I am familiar with this story and met a guy with a similar story once. However his was without the happy ending.

Leave a comment:

• Usagi Yojimbo
    replied
    Granted, Morpheus.

However, I would do some legal confirmation that you are indeed, as the term is, "shooting blanks."

Read about how he made sure he had documentation to avoid the trap.

It was featured on Leykis a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X