Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government cracking down on off grid lifestyle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government cracking down on off grid lifestyle.

Interesting video from 2011 on how the government have being harassing and cracking down on people that decide to life disconnected from the system.

Violation of rights and all included:

They're not getting on them for being "off the grid" they're getting on them for building subpar housing which doesn't meet housing codes. These codes are in place, primarily, for safety reasons. Phonehenge, for instance, didn't have proper walls or, in places, a roof. Meaning it would rain inside the "home" and blow dust, dirt, and debris into the living areas. The guy may have been fine with that but, realistically, it's shit construction.

Just because it's standing, doesn't mean it's safe to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesNunya View Post
      They're not getting on them for being "off the grid" they're getting on them for building subpar housing which doesn't meet housing codes. These codes are in place, primarily, for safety reasons. Phonehenge, for instance, didn't have proper walls or, in places, a roof. Meaning it would rain inside the "home" and blow dust, dirt, and debris into the living areas. The guy may have been fine with that but, realistically, it's shit construction.

Just because it's standing, doesn't mean it's safe to live in.
      And there is people that goes far away from cities to live the lifestyle they prefer to live...

And there is governments that follow those people to tell them what lifestyles are approved in the codes and what lifestyles are subpar that fail to meet their standards codes...

So... what exactly "Land of the Free" means?

So in the case I don't want a roof on my house, and I like it to rain inside my property... what can I do? Or how is that the business of a power tripping politician?... same politician that constantly thanks our veterans for the sacrifices they made for our freedoms, I guess if the freedoms are not valuable it ain't worth the stealing them... LOL.

Comment

1. The government doesn't follow you; it's already there.
        2. It's not their lifestyle that they're going after. It's their shitty construction jobs.
        3. Land of the Free means the people are free, not the land. Free to move about. Free to criticize the government. Free to practice any religion of their choice. Free to speak any language they want.
        4. No one says you have to sleep under the roof. You want to look up at the night sky while it rains on your face? Sleep in the yard, that's perfectly legal. But if you're going to build a house, build it accordingly (ie with walls and a roof for starters).

Comment

Originally posted by JamesNunya View Post
          1. The government doesn't follow you; it's already there.
          In my opinion overstepping their job and their functions... you swee... if someone wants to live under a standardized Home Owners Association... then there is that option available for those people. But the government should not turn into a nationwide HOA... it is not their job, they need to back off.

2. It's not their lifestyle that they're going after. It's their shitty construction jobs.
          Shitty accordingly to you... but the thing is.. it is their land, and it is their money, why should not be able to build whatever unsightlful building they want?

3. Land of the Free means the people are free, not the land. Free to move about. Free to criticize the government. Free to practice any religion of their choice. Free to speak any language they want.
          Got it... lifestyle have to be up to code...

4. No one says you have to sleep under the roof. You want to look up at the night sky while it rains on your face? Sleep in the yard, that's perfectly legal. But if you're going to build a house, build it accordingly (ie with walls and a roof for starters).
          This is the thing... I can show you literally thousands of pictures of houses all around the world... and we can have a dick inspector saying "approve" or "disapprove"... and in the process the government keep telling people how to live... and this is not the job of the government.

In other words, you can agree with this... while they are messing up with this people and the houses you consider ugly.. until the day they come for you, and start to tell you that your house is ugly and fine you and what not... Heck I might become a house inspector just to bully you and your ugly home around... until you get to see what is the problem here...

Here a video of the government telling a citizen that all the curtains on her house have to match:

Comment

Anglo countries are some of the least free and most repressive places in the world.

The only real freedom you have is to say things like, "the president sucks," but for actual living it's a pressure cooker full of rats trying to survive.

You go to easten europe, everybody is sitting in their commie block apartment complex drinking booze and playing backgammon. The electrical system and internet is a bunch of jury-rigged wiring that nobody pays the subscription. If people get pregnant, they just work it out themselves, or the woman stays with the guy so he'll feel a responsibility to pay some bills. By western standards everything is "abusive" and the cops can beat you for no reason (altho that's rare, I mean the cops don't get paid much and they just sit around doing nothing.)

But at least on some level there's no pressure. You don't have to be anywhere. You can just go for a walk half the day and that's normal.

Most people don't have a 9-to-5 unless they really want one.

I've been to these places.

It's not a bad life.

Most Americans are ignorant hillbillies who don't know anything about anything, their government milks them like cattle, lies to them and tells them they are free. They think people in North Korea spend all day bowing to statues or that people in Iran sit around all day making car bombs.

They don't realize that people in these countries spend more time relaxing, reading, walking by the beach, etc etc than Americans do working.

While it is possible to enjoy that sort of lifestyle in the West, there is tremendous pressure to join the rat race, even a no-frills house costs half a mil, and you basically can't have any kids, otherwise you get dragged to court and buttraped.

Anglo culture is a cancer.

The Kavanaugh thing is Anglo culture writ large.

Powermad social-engineers trying to shove their engineering down each other's throat.

Slowly slowly the entire world is becoming westernized, it's all becoming a copy of England or New York. "Land of the free" living in a rat cage.

Comment

im back

found uk progressive compared to Canada.......reporters say vulnerable ADULTS and children, town of 50000 had a mens shed, miles for men got equal billing with walk for women.

I felt less pedistaliation of women, men more likely to say what about us.

I met a couple of guys doing the sexpat thing, im the only one I know back home doing it.

it actually gave me some hope for mens issues..............in the rat cage, that is
              Last edited by menrppl2; 10-03-2018, 02:59 AM.
              A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

I never once commented about the aesthetics of the constructions. I was referring to the quality of their build. But since you bring it up, yes they are ugly as well. However, before you go saying things like
                build whatever unsightlful building they want
                or
                the houses you consider ugly
                try getting your facts straight. These constructions are crap in terms of quality and I'm surprised they haven't collapsed on them yet.

Comment

Working...
                X