Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Black and White Issue

Hi,

First of all a big disclaimer which includes every kind of reservation against, distancing from and condemnation of racism in any kind of form. Near to where even using the terms "race" and "racism" is in itself racist, because both terms presuppose, and therefore establish race as a thing. And I don't even know if it is. As for COI/Discovery, my skin is white (or, rather, a quite pig-like pink, especially if I try to sun-tan), and, crucially, I grew up in a ultra-homogenously white region, so I have no experience with deeply rooted coexistence, and certainly not of long-embedded conflict between, well, people who look different.
    Not much hangs on the unravelling of this, it's just something I got to thinking about after reading mr Doe and some of the responses he got.

This is basically a question for those AVfM reader MRAs who are not caucasian; anyone is of course welcome to answer, but I'm not looking for any links to the wiki page on "race" or goodread anthropology books, I'm looking for opinions from someone who is not in the same group that I'm being understood to belong to:

What is the estalished position on whether or not people like me are a "group" of some sorts?
    In a lot of culture war rhetoric, those who desire liberation from oppression that make up other peoples' privilege
    are not shy to mention which group has this privilege and hence is guilty of this oppression.

OTOH, it immdiately flies in one's face as wrong in every way if one were to talk about this particular group, say, organizing .... well, I'd have to say "ourselves", haven't I? ... organizing ourselves as such a group, to, like, promote our common interests.

So far, then, I've gotten to the point that we probably are not a "group", but collectively, i.e. as a group, we're sort of evil-like.
    Which is a confusing position to be in.

TiA.

M

I have long noticed, that any politician who was not a white male, was EXPECTED to "take care of THEIR People" Blacks, Hispanics, women, gays, etc. They in fact, deliberately engage in racist behavior, blatantly favoring their group, at the expense of the group out of favor. Encouraged, applauded, rewarded for the lowest form of hate.
    Everything is poisoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbock View Post
      I have long noticed, that any politician who was not a white male, was EXPECTED to "take care of THEIR People" Blacks, Hispanics, women, gays, etc. They in fact, deliberately engage in racist behavior, blatantly favoring their group, at the expense of the group out of favor. Encouraged, applauded, rewarded for the lowest form of hate.
      Everything is poisoned.
      That might be so, but it is precisely any semblance of "reverse racism" rants that your post might invite, that I am not interested in pursuing in this particular thread. But thx for taking the trouble, anyway.

M

Comment

Working...
      X