Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intersectional Veganism... and I give up...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersectional Veganism... and I give up...

Here a rant about too many white people eating vegetables... I give up, I don't know if this is serious or a parody... apparently it is for real, but... seriously???

Vegans must feed everyone, not just wealthy white people
    http://www.dailytexanonline.com/2017...y-white-people

Vegan. The image most people associate with this label is typically some hipster of the variety indigenous to Austin. They’re tattooed, and they’re probably slender. They have ratty hair which may or may not be fashioned into dreadlocks. But above all, they are definitely white.
    Up to this day for me a vegan was just a person that does not eat any kind of animal protein... but apparently this SJW have a very specific image of how this person looks like, and he is white... and that is oppressive and problematic... So now we have a rant of how this SJW imagine vegans...

While the mental image of a pale-skinned bro picking at his quinoa salad may appear harmless, the caricature is indicative of underlying problems in the vegan community. White veganism — which refers to the dominant cruelty-free culture of wealth, privilege and exclusivity — is not an option for most people. If vegans want to promote sustainable and compassionate diets for the world, their communities must be intersectional.
    So... basically they have to force a bunch of blacks into vegan diet in order to make it political corrected...

While American veganism is a “white thing” today, compassionate consumption has an international history. Indian cuisine offers many plant-based dishes. When Ethiopians observe meat-free days, their meals are almost entirely vegan. In most East Asian countries, lactose intolerance is present in huge chunks of the population, so dairy is hardly ever eaten.
    Indian cousin... India, the country of origin of the aryan race... really???

But you don’t imagine these cultures when you imagine vegan. Instead, you gag at the thought of revolting imitation cheese and other American favorites frankensteined into cruelty-free dishes. Instead of promoting the foods of foreign cultures, vegans go great lengths to reinvent traditional foods which rely on animal products to taste good.
    Lest see what I imagine when talking about vegan food???

Well there is the Hare Krishna restaurant... there is tofu... hummus... did someone say quinoa?

Now vegan food is tricky, because there is a difference between vegetarian and vegan... and many of the asiatic, no meat, meals are actually vegetarian but not really vegan...

And of course, it will cost you an arm and a leg to shop for the ingredients these recipes require. While grocers that cater to white vegans may very well believe in the benefits of healthy diets, the prices they charge suggest profit is their primary motivation. The price inflation of these easily accessible vegan items shuts out large swaths of people, including students.
    I have had vegan food before, and vegetarian... and for almost a year I was full vegetarian... I have not idea what this person is talking about... meat is expensive... spinach, lentils, rice, beans, potatoes, apples, onions, tofu, bananas... dirt cheap. I would go to a restaurant, get to the salad part of the menu and see the "special house salad" at 1/3 or 1/4 of any meal with the word "steak" on it... Just had to check the dressing was vegetarian and that is it...

Back in my country of origin I used to have meat 1 day a week because we can't afford more...

This cultural exclusivity is problematic enough, but that’s only the tip of an insensitive iceberg. Most vegan communities offer no sympathy to victims of racism, appropriating minorities’ struggles to advance their own cause. Black Lives Matter is degraded to a distraction from chicken and cow lives, and equating America’s chattel slavery to the agriculture industry’s “imprisonment” of animals is commonplace.
    LOL

Apparently the only acceptable cause to care for is Black Lives matter... anything else is wrong...

The vegan vision is one of global sustainability, but the community’s actions suggest interest in a costly and homogeneous culture. If vegans are truly committed to cleaner and more compassionate consumption, they need to recognize the importance of making plant-based diets accessible to everyone.
    Ahhh... I see now...

There is this native indians in the mountains of south america, they have this coffee plantations, and... that is it... they use the same coffee seeds everyone else uses, and they water them with the water from the same river everyone else uses... but for some reason that I never fully understood they call their coffee "organic", I was there and I can tell that all the coffee is organic native indians or not... anyway, they pack it in some fancy way and ship it to US and Europe, where people who like organic food buy it at a premium...

So I have here the perfect solution to make coffee accessible to all... don't buy the "organic" premium stuff because it is basically the same as the other stuff... all of it is organic, if you want better quality get the one that comes from the Arabigo breed of it and stay away from the Caturro breed of it, and you will have a good affordable coffee... I drink it every day on my breakfast and I am not a rich white hipster

There I ended the problematic oppression of white Vegans, LOL.

Next month I tell my secret for cheap corn...

The first step in making a more inclusive veganism would be to stop acting so bourgeoisie. Vegan communities must stop fixating on tempeh chili recipes and shift dialogue toward issues that actually impact global food systems, like how to support sustainable diets within food deserts. Veganism can help us solve global hunger, but only if it doesn’t get distracted by popcorn tofu.
    No, veganism will never solve the problem of global hunger.

Buying groceries doesn’t need to cost an entire paycheck. Grocery shopping at Wheatsville Co-op isn’t an option for everyone, but that shouldn’t automatically exclude the possibility of affordable veganism. Vegan organizers should battle the misconception that drinking $6 asparagus water is the only way to be vegan by highlighting accessible vegan recipes like stir-frys and soups when promoting global plant-based cuisines.
    I decide to check out if this claim is true, so i google vegan...

Down to my 5th website so far and still don't find the recipes of such expensive stuff...

Heck this is PETA website, that I had not idea it have a vegan recipies section on it... Recipes listed by cuisine types, with indian, creole, mexican and much more, so very diverse there...

http://www.peta.org/recipes/

I surf it a bit find this recipe for something that sounds pretty intersectional... "Sabzi Masala"

Which basically is onions, cauliflower, tomatoes, yams, bell peppers and, spinach... and then a bunch of spices...

I know this ingredients, they are cheap...

So what the SJW is complaining about???

The guy want to eat vegetables? there is a lot of cheap ones there, the guy want to click with a group of rich kids, but can't afford it? well... too bad.

Our struggles are intersectional. Instead of attacking movements that combat racism and classism, the cruelty-free community has to realize that they only alienate potential vegans by belittling others’ hardships. Amplify the voices of vegans from all different backgrounds, and we will be on a much shorter road to a kinder, more sustainable world.
    Ironically the vegans that are buying all this "organic" stuff are doing so because they want to be sensible to small farmers and native indians in south america and the so.. so they pay the premium to help support this workers over other "less oppressed" group of workers... They'd buy tofu at double the price if it was made by a black woman...

Yet we have this guy talking about finding ways to lower the cost of food, well... it can be done... the option is out there already and plenty available all around...

And there we have it...

We need Feminism because vegan food is not intersectional enough.

This is progressive ideology on steroids, the issue is only the tool. Imagine these people in charge.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
      This is progressive ideology on steroids, the issue is only the tool. Imagine these people in charge.
      No more white bread, that's for sure.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
        No more white bread, that's for sure.

M
        LOL

You kill it man.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
          Ok so what is the point behind this stuff?

Like I see this SJW complaining about something about vegans, the point of his complains escapes me, and I don't understand what is going on...

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
            Ok so what is the point behind this stuff?

Like I see this SJW complaining about something about vegans, the point of his complains escapes me, and I don't understand what is going on...
            Two words, Oppression Olympics.
            I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

That's honestly gotta be a satirical spoof from a witty right winger or something.

There's not way anyone even on the far far left actually thinks like this.
              "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx View Post
                That's honestly gotta be a satirical spoof from a witty right winger or something.
                No right winger is clever enough to make such fools of them as they do themselves.

Which absurdity have you not seen yet ...?
                This is even coherent absurdity: you can't fail the logic, all mistakes are in accepting the premises used; and so this bears the stamp of authenticity.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx View Post

I google this stuff, and there is website after website, news cover dating back years, youtube videos...

They are certainly expendig a lot of resources on this intersectional vegan stuff...

jump to 2:46 if you want to save yourself from the intro...

Comment

gotta love intersectionality.

reminds me of kid's puzzle books.

Look, I made a car by join-the-dots.

...Im gonna save the planet next
                    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                      Two words, Oppression Olympics.
                      "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                      "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Working...
                      X