No announcement yet.

On a Positive Note

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny your comment TheNarrator, comes after I post a quote from Anne Frank. lol Talk about heroism. She was only a child and risked her own life to save others. But, this thread isn't about men vs women...it's about positive thoughts, stories, etc. So let's keep it OT. ;=)

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
      It's funny your comment TheNarrator, comes after I post a quote from Anne Frank. lol Talk about heroism. She was only a child and risked her own life to save others. But, this thread isn't about men vs women...it's about positive thoughts, stories, etc. So let's keep it OT. ;=)
      lol i saw that post after i posted it and knew you'd bring it up here!! haha

camille - as far as women and kids thats the one instance where women will be selfless on a regular basis. my point was not to belittle women simply to highlight men's strengths.

deidre - yes i know. wasnt meant to be negative.
      Originally posted by MatrixTransform
      where were you before you put yourself last?
      Originally posted by TheNarrator
      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

I like this article, and while 40% say ''no,'' 60% still say ''yes.'' We're going in the right direction.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/has-t...act-on-society
        That outcome is quite good I think especially when you compare it to how people generally react to feminism.

i'm not sure if anyone's heard of this story before. A few years back, this person started a petition on change.org campaigning for the government to label feminism a terrorist group.

https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...errorist-group

The petition got roughly 15,000 signatures. Naturally this caused an outrage in our feminised media. As a result of this twitter exploded into a frenzy of sexist comments from feminists hating on men and blaming them for this petition and its outcome...in a way confirming everything that was said about feminism in that petition. The funniest thing happened when The Metro (a very popular newspaper here) did an article to bash and counter this petition, questioning its authenticity and reliability. So, they did a petition of their own asking people whether or not feminism should be labeled a terrorist organisation…their outcome? 70% of their readers agreed that feminism is terrorism….

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/24/someon...group-5357917/

You cannot make this stuff up.
        Last edited by Equity; 04-19-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
          lol i saw that post after i posted it and knew you'd bring it up here!! haha
          Ah! I see lol

deidre - yes i know. wasnt meant to be negative.
          Okay

Originally posted by Equity View Post
          That outcome is quite good I think especially when you compare it to how people generally react to feminism.

i'm not sure if anyone's heard of this story before. A few years back, this person started a petition on change.org campaigning for the government to label feminism a terrorist group.

https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...errorist-group

The petition got roughly 15,000 signatures. Naturally this caused an outrage in our feminised media. As a result of this twitter exploded into a frenzy of sexist comments from feminists hating on men and blaming them for this petition and its outcome...in a way confirming everything that was said about feminism in that petition. The funniest thing happened when The Metro (a very popular newspaper here) did an article to bash and counter this petition, questioning its authenticity and reliability. So, they did a petition of their own asking people whether or not feminism should be labeled a terrorist organisation…their outcome? 70% of their readers agreed that feminism is terrorism….

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/24/someon...group-5357917/

You cannot make this stuff up.
          Wow, I've never heard this story, no. When you think about it though, what is terrorism? Basically a group that is trying to inflict terror on other groups for political gain and power, and that's exactly what many feminists would like to inflict on men - fear. Its backfiring on many feminists though, considering that if you keep teaching men to fear you, then eventually they will...and they'll leave you completely alone. To which many feminists utter the question ''where'd all the good men go?''

Comment

I've known a few people who have committed suicide or who have been suicidal, and one of the underlying themes with all of them seemed to be that they were longing for love, affection, someone to care about them. Someone to notice their existence. I'm hopeful that this man will feel the love and empathy from those who helped to save him.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/crowd...police-arrive/

Comment

On a positive note, I recently discovered a site named "Gimundo." The only caution I would say to some of these "good news" sites is they can have feminist messages hidden within, because many people feel feminism is a cultural "positive." So just watch out for that when stumbling across sites that tout enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by CamilleLion View Post
                Beards, Game of Thrones and Alaska!

Beards: I actually think masculinity is making a comeback - sure Raymond on Everyone Loves Raymond is still getting kicked around in the reruns... but I'm seeing lots and lots of guys sporting beards lately. I like to think its a bit of cultural correction for the past decade or so of metrosexuality and manscaping.

LOL you guys think beards are masculine?

man. beards..especially the beards of today. are girly as FUCK.

they spend more time on their beards than it takes to shave, they dont get it.

its a trend its not masculine its the opposite.

and
                Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                  LOL you guys think beards are masculine?
                  Yes. Don't confuse trends and your personal preferences with genetics - I and any woman I know have yet to wake up sporting a beard.
                  "De-polarize women and re-moralize men." - Me

Comment

Originally posted by CamilleLion View Post
                    Yes. Don't confuse trends and your personal preferences with genetics - I and any woman I know have yet to wake up sporting a beard.
                    personal preference?

nah, nothing to do with it.

these men who wax and groom their beards are usually the stupid hipster types who are barely men. "masculine" does not come to mind whatsoever when i see those guys "douche" or "guy i would walk through" comes up.

i hate facial hair, i would lazer it all off if i could. and i find hide my face behind it. i shave so people can see my expressions and read me.

but that has NOTHING to do with a "FACT" that is that the new beard trend isnt the manly men doing it.

the old guys with wild ass beards.>YES they are manly

but.. the new wave of beards is NOT manly.

Comment

this is what i see.

where-do-gluten-free-tacos-live-202508.jpg

Comment

hahaha ^^ Yea, I know, some men do grow beards as part of a trend.

My fiance can't have a beard for his work (he's a cop) but he's strong/muscular/lean. Strong, muscular and a beard? I might have to call him...perfect.

But, he's very smart and down to earth...hot without intelligence isn't all that hot, tbh.

Camille, you are funny! I'm glad you joined this site. I don't care what Matrix says.

Comment

I know a young girl (early 20's) who's wedding ring is made of wood. She was beaming when she showed it to me. No stone in it. It gave me hope for the future.
                          I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by pbisque View Post
                            I know a young girl (early 20's) who's wedding ring is made of wood. She was beaming when she showed it to me. No stone in it. It gave me hope for the future.
                            mine's was copper..lol (not really a wedding ring but promise ring.

i made it from water pipe..lol

Comment

Originally posted by pbisque View Post
                              That's a cool idea. Mine is a diamond but you can choose any kind of stone you like.

Comment

That's a cool idea. Mine is a diamond but you can choose any kind of stone you like.
                                i dont think wood is made of stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X