Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 21-Point Manifesto On How to Raise a Feminist Son

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Our 21-Point Manifesto On How to Raise a Feminist Son

    Feminist fantasies in how it is to raise up a boy.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.in/saumya-...-feminist-son/

    This post was inspired by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's letter, "A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions". After reading it, we thought of messages we want to pass on if we ever have a son.
    After such great intro, here comes the advise to all those people who actually have kids, LOL.

    First years

    Though you may not understand the word feminism when you're young, you will one day understand the concept that all men and women are created equal.
    Something sounds off here... at first I though it is the word "created" because it have some religious implications to it... but then I notice that it says "men and women", one can't be exploring the abyss and not get affected by it, I have an eye to spot gender binaries... but this is not what I perceive off about this... there is something else... something about the word equal in between all this other ideas, so I have to check, this is article 1 of the declaration of human rights:

    "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

    Yeah... equal in dignity and rights... that is what it is... You see? we are not equals, we have the same rights and we should be treated with the same respect... but there is a big difference between having equal rights and being equals...

    "Boys will be boys" is never an excuse or a reason you will hear from me.
    Oh well... a sad childhood there is, then...

    Don't think of toys or hobbies as designated for boys or girls. If you like dolls, I'll give you dolls. If you then want cars, I'll give you those, too.
    I have though about this one before, and honestly... it s not about the toys you have but how you play with them... but I guess they will figure it out eventually, and then start to regulate not only the toys the boys have, but also the games they play with those toys...

    You will learn and contribute to all of the household chores. And yes, that includes cleaning, cooking and taking out the trash.
    I have not idea what age range this feminist have in mind for "first years"... but I personally would not let a kid under... 12 in a kitchen... there is things that cut you, there is things that burn you and there is some things to be aware off on preparing food... it is too much... it is irresponsible...

    Colours don't define you. Decide for yourself if you like blue or pink or green or yellow.
    Then again... it is a good idea to put bright colors on kids, like bright green or bright orange... you want to be able to spot the kid right away, when you are trying to find him, and you want other people, like drivers, to be able to see him right away too... But what do I know? if kid wants to wear gray over a gray background... who am I to limit his expressing?... but besides this, in situations where it doe not matter... have to ask... does someone actually cares?

    Growing up

    What you see in the media—TV, movies, the internet—is not representative of how most people behave or how most people should behave.
    All they have in the media is feminist propaganda, so I agree 100% with this, people should not act that way.

    Speak up when you hear someone being inappropriate towards another person. Bullying is not ok. Disrespecting girls, whether that's by judging their appearance or by not appreciating their boundaries, is not okay. When you speak, you give others the power to do so too.
    Disrespecting girls is not okay, got it... what about disrespecting boys?

    And bye bye to those lectures about equality on the "early years"...

    It's okay to be different than other boys. Actually, it's great to be different than other boys.
    Why?

    Is it that "boys will be boys" and instead of that you want your boy to be... ???

    Having different biology is not a reason for superiority. It's not a reason for certain behaviour to be acceptable.
    I have not idea what this means.

    Similarly, having a different skin colour than the person next to you is not a reason for superiority or an opportunity for denigration.
    Except if the person is orange.. apparently... because everyday I find feminist jokes about Trump's color...

    You will hear people tell you not to do certain things because they will make you "less of a man". Don't worry about being more or less of a man. Strive to become someone who respects himself and others. Challenge what the world has defined as masculine. And please remember, stifling your feelings does not make you more of a man.
    I think all this boy have hear about masculinity is the feminist version of it... so yeah.. challenge it.

    It's okay to want appreciation. But don't let your desire for likeability override your self-respect.
    No idea what this is about.

    No means no—whether that's physically, emotionally or verbally...whether that's from a man or a woman...whether it's from someone old or young.
    Then again, disrespecting girls... no okay...

    Work on developing a strong relationship with yourself. This is something that will require daily work. It will allow you not to be threatened or influenced by others.
    Some of this advises would work better it they come with examples, or something... daily work doing what?

    Adult life

    Feminist mother keeps educating the boy all the way after adulthood???

    Fail. Learn how to recover from that failure. The world does not owe you anything but if you work hard and keep an open mind, it will give you a lot.
    Definitely not how failure works...

    Do not allow societal pressure force you into a job. Be whatever you want—teacher, entrepreneur, stay-at home dad—or all three at different points in your life. Learn to listen to your own inner voice and make choices that align with your values. Don't chase prestige. It is a hollow prize, one that will not fulfill you for long.
    Stay at home-dad is not a job...

    Expose yourself to people who are nothing like you, both within and outside the communities that you live in. Learn their stories. Talk to them. Conversations create change.
    I sense something off on this one too... we had before the encouragement to not be like the other boys... so exposing to people that is not like you... here... means normal people?

    Or is this about judging people by their appearances and ethnicities and then condescended them?

    Don't be so insecure that you are threatened by a powerful woman. Observe her. Learn from her. Support her.
    Feminist wants son to support her, after she was such a control freak....

    Lust is cheap. Easy. Find someone whom you connect with on multiple levels.
    terrible advice... do the exact opposite to this.

    Perhaps some people don't get why, so here the explanation...

    Imagine I decide to get a girlfriend and I want someone I connect in different levels... as it says here, so I get a coworker, that plays chess, so I introduce her to my chess club, we have similar religious ideas so we do that too, and so on and go on... then let's say stuff is not going that great on the relationship, so now we are going to be seeing each other on "multiple levels"... it spells drama all around.

    If someone is looking for a relationship, then should find someone with some things in common, but that woman have to have her own life... and you don't intersect them much... and if things don't work out... each one back to their lives...

    Make a conscious decision about having a child. If you do, be a true co-parent with your partner. Be a model feminist to the next generation through your thoughts, words and actions. Teach them what you've learned and adapt it for the environment in that day. Add to/edit these points and pass them along to the next generation.
    Gotta laugh at this... men can't really make much of decisions about having kids...

  • #2
    Originally posted by simpleman View Post
    Feminist fantasies in how it is to raise up a boy.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.in/saumya-...-feminist-son/



    After such great intro, here comes the advise to all those people who actually have kids, LOL.

    First years



    Something sounds off here... at first I though it is the word "created" because it have some religious implications to it... but then I notice that it says "men and women", one can't be exploring the abyss and not get affected by it, I have an eye to spot gender binaries... but this is not what I perceive off about this... there is something else... something about the word equal in between all this other ideas, so I have to check, this is article 1 of the declaration of human rights:

    "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

    Yeah... equal in dignity and rights... that is what it is... You see? we are not equals, we have the same rights and we should be treated with the same respect... but there is a big difference between having equal rights and being equals...



    Oh well... a sad childhood there is, then...



    I have though about this one before, and honestly... it s not about the toys you have but how you play with them... but I guess they will figure it out eventually, and then start to regulate not only the toys the boys have, but also the games they play with those toys...



    I have not idea what age range this feminist have in mind for "first years"... but I personally would not let a kid under... 12 in a kitchen... there is things that cut you, there is things that burn you and there is some things to be aware off on preparing food... it is too much... it is irresponsible...



    Then again... it is a good idea to put bright colors on kids, like bright green or bright orange... you want to be able to spot the kid right away, when you are trying to find him, and you want other people, like drivers, to be able to see him right away too... But what do I know? if kid wants to wear gray over a gray background... who am I to limit his expressing?... but besides this, in situations where it doe not matter... have to ask... does someone actually cares?

    Growing up



    All they have in the media is feminist propaganda, so I agree 100% with this, people should not act that way.



    Disrespecting girls is not okay, got it... what about disrespecting boys?

    And bye bye to those lectures about equality on the "early years"...



    Why?

    Is it that "boys will be boys" and instead of that you want your boy to be... ???



    I have not idea what this means.



    Except if the person is orange.. apparently... because everyday I find feminist jokes about Trump's color...



    I think all this boy have hear about masculinity is the feminist version of it... so yeah.. challenge it.



    No idea what this is about.



    Then again, disrespecting girls... no okay...



    Some of this advises would work better it they come with examples, or something... daily work doing what?

    Adult life

    Feminist mother keeps educating the boy all the way after adulthood???



    Definitely not how failure works...



    Stay at home-dad is not a job...



    I sense something off on this one too... we had before the encouragement to not be like the other boys... so exposing to people that is not like you... here... means normal people?

    Or is this about judging people by their appearances and ethnicities and then condescended them?



    Feminist wants son to support her, after she was such a control freak....



    terrible advice... do the exact opposite to this.

    Perhaps some people don't get why, so here the explanation...

    Imagine I decide to get a girlfriend and I want someone I connect in different levels... as it says here, so I get a coworker, that plays chess, so I introduce her to my chess club, we have similar religious ideas so we do that too, and so on and go on... then let's say stuff is not going that great on the relationship, so now we are going to be seeing each other on "multiple levels"... it spells drama all around.

    If someone is looking for a relationship, then should find someone with some things in common, but that woman have to have her own life... and you don't intersect them much... and if things don't work out... each one back to their lives...



    Gotta laugh at this... men can't really make much of decisions about having kids...
    Let me sum this up, a load of BS and rhetorical non statements, sounding good out of context but for everyone in the know the unsaid stuff fills in the blanks enough to understand that this boy will have a very sad life, always being made use of by his female peers, and mocked by his male peers, marriage? Children? This boy has no chance in hell of finding a girlfriend.
    I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
      Let me sum this up, a load of BS and rhetorical non statements, sounding good out of context but for everyone in the know the unsaid stuff fills in the blanks enough to understand that this boy will have a very sad life, always being made use of by his female peers, and mocked by his male peers, marriage? Children? This boy has no chance in hell of finding a girlfriend.
      In the case of a boy raised like this never finding a girlfriend will be a blessing, bit like a slave never finding a master.
      "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
      Originally posted by menrppl2
      Can't live with em, life is great without them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by simpleman View Post
        Feminist fantasies in how it is to raise up a boy
        A curious mix of good and bad advice.
        The good advice consists of general platitudes that can be summed up as "to thine own self be true".
        The bad advice consists in trying to prescribe what a man's "own self" is and should be.

        As a sign of cultural permeation, nobody sees this article on how to raise feminist boys as that which it is: "How to raise children to act for my benefit".
        Blatantly selfish, yet comes across as vaguely saintly. Say what you will about feminism, it has some powerful deodorants.

        But what a grotto of gender adventure to spelunk, this Indian Feminism ... :

        Why feminism is even better than sliced bread:
        http://www.huffingtonpost.in/proshan...ender-equality


        Why gender neutrality in domestic violence legislation is really, really bad for women ... and that therefore gender neutrality in domestic violence legislation is really, really bad:
        https://thewire.in/77445/a-gender-ne...rotects-women/

        The circle is complete with a return to US Acedemia:
        https://www.academia.edu/11429945/Th...estic_Violence

        This is a researcher demanding a better framework for DV research. They are quite open about how this works:
        "Feminists in the US rediscovered wife beating in the early to mid-1970s. Women soon organized against men’s domination, violence, and abusewithin families and elsewhere–they considered battering part of an interlocking system of patriarchal social control and inequality articulated not only in the family but also expressed in culture, politics and law, and the economy (Dobash and Dobash, 1979; Stanko, 1985). The battered women’s movement demanded justice in all sectors of society to address the roots and effects of such violence, including state-based protection from violent men. The ensuing criminalization model focused on policing and arrest, prosecution and punishment, and mandated treatment to individual men newly demarcated as deviant criminals.Today, domestic violence is accepted as a crime in the US, and criminalization the primary mode of intervention. To an extent, the criminal justice and legal systems have become caretakers of criminalized forms of domestic violence. Rationalizing state intrusion into family life and maintaining government commitment to regulate domestic violence required culturally valued and persuasive evidence of domestic violence generated mostly by sociologists, criminologists, and psychologists. As a whole, domestic violence studies have produced significant insights, but knowledge remains limited.... "

        The paper as such is neither better or worse than the myriad others in this vein. What _is_ worse is the myriad other papers in this vein.
        Have a look at the bibliography at the end of the paper. Pages of just book titles produced by the DV research industry. All this is what goes into public policy.
        A web site, a Youtube channel and some forum posts are not even visible in that landscape.

        M

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
          A curious mix of good and bad advice.
          The good advice consists of general platitudes that can be summed up as "to thine own self be true".
          The bad advice consists in trying to prescribe what a man's "own self" is and should be.

          As a sign of cultural permeation, nobody sees this article on how to raise feminist boys as that which it is: "How to raise children to act for my benefit".
          Blatantly selfish, yet comes across as vaguely saintly. Say what you will about feminism, it has some powerful deodorants.

          But what a grotto of gender adventure to spelunk, this Indian Feminism ... :

          Why feminism is even better than sliced bread:
          http://www.huffingtonpost.in/proshan...ender-equality


          Why gender neutrality in domestic violence legislation is really, really bad for women ... and that therefore gender neutrality in domestic violence legislation is really, really bad:
          https://thewire.in/77445/a-gender-ne...rotects-women/

          The circle is complete with a return to US Acedemia:
          https://www.academia.edu/11429945/Th...estic_Violence

          This is a researcher demanding a better framework for DV research. They are quite open about how this works:
          "Feminists in the US rediscovered wife beating in the early to mid-1970s. Women soon organized against men’s domination, violence, and abusewithin families and elsewhere–they considered battering part of an interlocking system of patriarchal social control and inequality articulated not only in the family but also expressed in culture, politics and law, and the economy (Dobash and Dobash, 1979; Stanko, 1985). The battered women’s movement demanded justice in all sectors of society to address the roots and effects of such violence, including state-based protection from violent men. The ensuing criminalization model focused on policing and arrest, prosecution and punishment, and mandated treatment to individual men newly demarcated as deviant criminals.Today, domestic violence is accepted as a crime in the US, and criminalization the primary mode of intervention. To an extent, the criminal justice and legal systems have become caretakers of criminalized forms of domestic violence. Rationalizing state intrusion into family life and maintaining government commitment to regulate domestic violence required culturally valued and persuasive evidence of domestic violence generated mostly by sociologists, criminologists, and psychologists. As a whole, domestic violence studies have produced significant insights, but knowledge remains limited.... "

          The paper as such is neither better or worse than the myriad others in this vein. What _is_ worse is the myriad other papers in this vein.
          Have a look at the bibliography at the end of the paper. Pages of just book titles produced by the DV research industry. All this is what goes into public policy.
          A web site, a Youtube channel and some forum posts are not even visible in that landscape.

          M
          A good post M. Even if depressing. The scale of the bigoted feminist propaganda is quite mindblowing. How they can argue a gender neutral law isn't usable by them... beggars belief. It's cold blooded, calculated and twisted.

          The commenter expresses in her last line on the Wire article "the conditions must be equalised before considering gender neutrality laws and rules" - give us everything we want or we will attack and beat you with impunity. There is no role for fairness and justice in laws, all things are just weapons to get what they want. Feminism even with all its lies, manipulation, infecting and taking over of public institutions and political parties - still calls for resorting to violence to achieve their goals. Violence against any they can find and make vulnerable. Twisted and disturbing.
          "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
          Originally posted by menrppl2
          Can't live with em, life is great without them.

          Comment


          • #6
            The author forgot the most important steps:

            A.) Have your son out of wedlock and deny him access to his biological father and all positive male influences.
            or
            B.) Frivolously divorce your son's father while he's too young to understand what happened, deny him access to his father and constantly tell him that men are shit. Again deny him access to positive male influences.

            Oh, and when he turns 12 or so make sure he knows that his responsibility to serve all of the non-sexual (hopefully!) functions that his mom's man might serve if she had one.
            Last edited by Mifune; 04-15-2017, 03:54 PM.
            "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
            "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

            Comment

            Working...
            X