“Pink Tax” Is Forcing Women to Pay More Than Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Pink Tax” Is Forcing Women to Pay More Than Men

We should do a drinking game, a shot of tequila every time we spot a lie on this feminist articles...

Anyway... To give a bit of background... My mother is a feminist, and she raised me up accordingly to her values, I would have toys of all colors, pink included, and I was encourage to pick what I like and don't care if it was branded boys or girls... So the whole concept of "pink tax" sounds so foreign to me... If I want pink stuff i get pink stuff if want blue stuff i get blue stuff...

However feminism is claiming that pink stuf is more expensive because accordingly to them pink is the color for girls, and if they see the same product half the price... but blue... they cna't but that one because blue is for boys and they have to buy the pink one... they say...

https://factsreporter.com/2017/04/12...more-than-men/

Women across the United States are up in arms against the “Pink Tax”, claiming this is gender discrimination. Studies reveal they have to pay much more than men for many gender-specific items. It became a stubborn issue during March, which was the Women’s History Month. However, it has not died down after the first few days of April, as women all over the country are still protesting.
    I have a pink water bottle, there is a coworker that keeps trying to make jokes about it... and I still don't care... maybe women should just shave with blue blades and stop making such a great deal about everything?

Women are also asking for “equal pay for equal work” with renewed vigor. Only a few days back, the U.S. Department of Labor accused Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL) of practicing gender discrimination at work, as studies revealed women employees are getting much less salary for doing the same work as men. Speaking on Google, Janette Wipper, a regional director for the Labor Department said, “We found systemic compensation disparities against women pretty much across the entire workforce”. She says Google’s discrimination is “extreme”.
    No exactly what the study found about google... but so funny that they are now burning this company... maybe those idiots at google stop trying to pander to the wimps of feminism and focus in doing business and that is it.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics adds that women are making less money than men, even if they are doing the same job. Between 2004 and 2014, they say, women have earned 80% to 83% as much as men.
    Then agian... no exactly what the study say... but this already like 5 shots of tequila already and we are just done with the intro...

What Is The Pink Tax?

It is called the Pink Tax, due to the color of products marketed directly to women and girls. It refers to the price difference for female-specific products compared with those for men or gender-neutral goods. Women have been raising the issue for decades, but it has found new voice recently.

The New York City Department of Consumer Affairs came out with the results of a study in late 2015. The study compared price differences for men and women of about 800 products from 90 brands. They discovered that products for girls cost about 7% more than comparable goods for boys and men.

For instance, clothing for girls cost 4% more, while women’s clothing was even costlier by 8% than men’s clothing. Red, short-sleeve polo shirts, like those in uniforms for girls, were $2 costlier than those worn by men from the same retailer, even though there was no difference in quality or style. Also, personal care products for women are 13% costlier than men’s, according to the findings of the same study.
    I feel I am the poster boy of debunking the pink tax... as a kid I actually had pink clothes, I would say something on the lines of "real men wear pink' or some like that, there was also the people that say that pink looks good on me... had t-shirts hand me down by older cousins... both male and female... I remember a couple of occasions that someone will claim my pants are for girls... I still can't tell the difference...

So... the concept that feminism is trying to make an issue out of this is beyond my understanding...

Even Toys For Girls Are Costlier

The discrimination goes down to the level of even the kids. The New York City Department of Consumer Affairs discovered that toys meant for girls cost 7% more on average than the toys for boys.
    What toys are meant for girls??? what if a boy want to play with those toys? what if a girl want to play with toys "meant for boys"??? How can they even discriminate a market when the kids pick the toys they like and the parents most likely say OK?

I did not have a pink bicycle, but one of my friend had... it was never an issue...

Here is a revolutionary idea: there is not girl toys and there is not boy toys... there is toys.

Now come again and explain this "pink tax" to me.

Here a picture of a woman that allegedly saved 7% money by figuring out a way to avoid paying more for pink stuff:

The "Pink Tax" is a tax that women impose entirely on themselves. The products and services are not the same. The economics (supply and demand) are not the same.

"...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Seth Burton
      A self confessed coffee connoisseur. Seth graduated from the University of South Africa studying applied business. He currently contributes to Facts Reporter daily on recent business developments.
      perhaps he should stick to coffee articles ;] haha

"facts reporter" hilarious.
      Originally posted by MatrixTransform
      where were you before you put yourself last?
      Originally posted by TheNarrator
      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post

are you saying the bike is blue? lol she saved because she bought an old pos bike....

but its a girls bike non-the-less and they dont cost more than mens bikes at all.
        Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
          are you saying the bike is blue? lol she saved because she bought an old pos bike....

but its a girls bike non-the-less and they dont cost more than mens bikes at all.
          Each color have a different price tag:

https://www.amazon.com/Firmstrong-Cl...G3Y/ref=sr_1_5

If you get the blue one, like the girl in the picture, then you save money.

Comment

Each color have a different price tag:

https://www.amazon.com/Firmstrong-Cl...G3Y/ref=sr_1_5

There's something fishy about a feminist on a bicycle.

M

Comment

Blue Chevy Spark - $13,000

Pink Bugatti Veyron - $1,500,000

SEXISM!!!
              "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
              "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                There's something fishy about a feminist on a bicycle.

M
                Home Run.

Originally posted by Mifune View Post

Blue Chevy Spark - $13,000

Pink Bugatti Veyron - $1,500,000

SEXISM!!!
                We need feminism.

Comment

ahh no, i used to work in paints and thats just dumb. after checking the site my beliefs are re-enforced.

you pay for the paint, the flat black is cheapest and then normal colours then metalic ones or effect ones..because you have to put tiny particles into the paint and that wares your painting equipment more and it costs more.

it aint the blue ones thats the cheapest..she bought that one cause she liked it.

a cheapskate would buy the flat black one

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                    ahh no, i used to work in paints and thats just dumb. after checking the site my beliefs are re-enforced.

you pay for the paint, the flat black is cheapest and then normal colours then metalic ones or effect ones..because you have to put tiny particles into the paint and that wares your painting equipment more and it costs more.

it aint the blue ones thats the cheapest..she bought that one cause she liked it.

a cheapskate would buy the flat black one
                    You are part of the patriarchy.

Comment

You are part of the patriarchy.
                      lol i dont think that qualifies.

Comment

Working...
                      X