Toxic Femininity & More Satisfied With Bromances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic Femininity & More Satisfied With Bromances

Despite using the criteria of "feel able to ‘openly pronounce love’ to their male friends" an astounding 28 of 30 men (93%) say they have a MORE emotionally rewarding relationship with their male friends than they do with their wives and girlfriends. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-romances.html

It is funny how gyro-centric the article is written by Colin Fernandez . "it is something that many long suffering wives and girlfriends have long suspected." So, a study is required to support the claim that men are often ambivalent with the emotional benefits of their relationship with women, it is merely asserted than women are the ones who are 'long suffering' from the emotional pain THEY cause the men in their lives! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Excerpts:
    • Experts found that men felt ‘less judged’ by their close male friends than their girlfriends.
    • They also found it easier to solve conflicts and speak openly about their emotions
    • The guys that we spoke to were clear that the only differences, other than sex, were that bromances were less judgemental, easier to resolve problems or arguments, and much more emotionally open, than romances.

What does this say about the severity of toxic femininity today?
    No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people, but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality and virtue, and by frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.
    George Mason

Originally posted by JohnLocke View Post
    Despite using the criteria of "feel able to ‘openly pronounce love’ to their male friends" an astounding 28 of 30 men (93%) say they have a MORE emotionally rewarding relationship with their male friends than they do with their wives and girlfriends. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-romances.html

It is funny how gyro-centric the article is written by Colin Fernandez . "it is something that many long suffering wives and girlfriends have long suspected." So, a study is required to support the claim that men are often ambivalent with the emotional benefits of their relationship with women, it is merely asserted than women are the ones who are 'long suffering' from the emotional pain THEY cause the men in their lives! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Excerpts:
    • Experts found that men felt ‘less judged’ by their close male friends than their girlfriends.
    • They also found it easier to solve conflicts and speak openly about their emotions
    • The guys that we spoke to were clear that the only differences, other than sex, were that bromances were less judgemental, easier to resolve problems or arguments, and much more emotionally open, than romances.

What does this say about the severity of toxic femininity today?
    Like I said, they are amazingly open about their entitlement: their claim to ownership of emotions, and of importance.
    It's really a miracle that there still are blue pill guys out there at all; unless men have learned to regard women, and cope with them, as bad weather or a flat tire.

M

Comment

From my short time on that marriage forum, I believe this is probably an accurate stat. From what I've seen of the married people on that site who have been married for five+ years, the marriages are all about pleasing the women and many men walk on eggshells. The only thing I've really learned from that toxic website is what NOT to do in my own marriage, now. I was raised to respect men and my husband was raised to respect women, so we find it strange that so many couples have no respect for each other. Men have emotional needs just like women, so it's important to be there for your husband. My husband and I were friends before we dated so we understand each other well, which IMO, is key to a good relationship.
      Last edited by Deidre; 10-13-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Blue pill men, indeed!

I think couples don't respect each other because they do not respect themselves.
        No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people, but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality and virtue, and by frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.
        George Mason

Comment

Working...
        X