Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Article the Huffington Post don't want you to see....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Article the Huffington Post don't want you to see....

In my google news there is a link to an article "Why I’ve Detached From Feminism", following the link, the article have being deleted, giving me a 404 error...

So I pulled it out from the Google cache... and here the full copy of it... wondering why the huffpost decided to delete this article in particular:

Why I’ve Detached From Feminism

Once upon a time...I confidently identified as a feminist.

Then in October 2016 after writing a column about Kim Kardashian for The Daily Telegraph. I found myself splashed across The Washington Times, Cosmopolitan Magazine (US), The Bolt Report and The Guardian, to name a few.

Let me tell you, when they write a negative column about you in The Washington Times — the world unkindly responds.

For three months, my words were taken out of context and I received horrific abuse and death threats online from women who ‘supposedly’ identified as feminists. The irony!

Suddenly, my ‘pitches’ as a journalist were ignored by editors who had happily published my work prior. Editors whose brand is apparently equality. Editors who publish numerous articles about bias and equal work opportunities.

What a crock of shit!

I was trolled, cyber-bullied and attacked by high-profile Australian commentators and editors from Daily Life, The Guardian, SBS and Junkee.

The Kardashian article was consumed ‘literally’ and processed ‘emotionally’. When in fact, I wasn’t writing about Kardashian at all. I was making social commentary about poisonous celebrity culture and how it ruins our young girls.

I identified as a feminist back in the days when feminism was more about equality and less about vitriolic reactions and hating men. I identified as a feminist when it was less fashionable.

I’m tired of feminists playing the victim card.

I’m tired of feminists ignoring the authenticity of male issues.

I’m tired of vitriolic hatred being directed at unborn sons.

I’m tired of hearing the overused term ‘toxic masculinity’.

(Side note: What about toxic femininity?)

I studied feminism. I spent a decade familiarizing myself with the history.

But now, every Madison, Rose and Clara identifies as a feminist.

The ‘feminist movement’ has become about notoriety. Who can say the most outrageous thing? Who can degrade and dehumanise men, most successfully?

Earlier this year, I interviewed Australian domestic violence advocate — Phil Hunt. Hunt’s advocacy work primarily focuses on men. Considering more than 30% of domestic violence victims are men, Hunt was shocked to find the only assistance available to him was via phone counselling hotlines and none of these could offer further assistance as he wasn’t a perpetrator.

Unfortunately, males make up a large portion of domestic violence victims yet are excluded from anti-violence programs, throughout the nation.

Are feminists so weak in their position that they’re unable to cope with the criticism of their ideas?

Are feminists so politically correct that when others say things in disagreeance — they should be shut down and punished by vilification or public crucifixion?

Are feminists so pathetic that they believe insults and stereotypes are fine as long as they’re against men?

IT SEEMS SO.

Recently #MeToo spread virally on Twitter, to denounce assault and harassment in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations against Weinstein. The hashtag was popularized by actress Alyssa Milano, who encouraged women to tweet it to publicize experiences to demonstrate the widespread nature of misogynistic behaviour.

I proudly used the hashtag to share two articles about my own journey through assault — one published in The Daily Telegraph and the other in New Matilda.

It felt empowering initially, joining a chorus of women across the world — in our collective abuse.

But then as a survivor, I began to feel that sexual violence was being trivialised by women banging on about innocent acts such as a hand on a knee.

As Ella Whelan states in her recent article on Spiked, such weak claims could drag us all back to the age of the damn chaperone and curfew.

Seriously, is it possible for a male to do anything now without it being considered predatory behaviour?

And how does a man go about pursuing the opposite sex in this current climate?

And out of interest, who decides?

The social media jury? Australia’s angriest feminist and her lapdogs?

I am a HUMANIST. I believe in equal rights for everyone.

Vanessa de Largie is the monthly sex-columnist at Maxim Magazine. She’s also an actress, journalist and author.
    And that is it... I think this old time feminists probably is now filing for unemployment...

Anyway, article was accompanied by this image:

that poster is wrong. they arnt only killing whats masculine

they are killing it in men. and.. making women it.

its like a bit 180..its so fucking weird.
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

>>And how does a man go about pursuing the opposite sex in this current climate?

You don't. You GTHO and the gorgeous women pursue you. Guaranteed.

I began to fully realize Mexico was inherently different when I was 64 and a cute 14 year old girl fell head over heels in love with me. (Don't waste your time with insults. I worked my way through without hurting her feelings.) But, that was only the beginning.

Comment

>> "re feminists so weak in their position that they’re unable to cope with the criticism of their ideas?"

There is the truth of it.
        FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
        It's time to call it out for what it is.
        == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
        http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

(Side note: What about toxic femininity?)
          There's already a word for toxic femininity, it's called "feminism".
          “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
          ― Pythagoras

Comment

Originally posted by polite_disagreement View Post
            >>And how does a man go about pursuing the opposite sex in this current climate?

You don't. You GTHO and the gorgeous women pursue you. Guaranteed.
            LOL, I guess.... if you make money they will come...

I began to fully realize Mexico was inherently different when I was 64 and a cute 14 year old girl fell head over heels in love with me. (Don't waste your time with insults. I worked my way through without hurting her feelings.) But, that was only the beginning.
            You just like to brag.... but maybe I should consider going to Mexico to taste the waters there...

Comment

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
              >> "re feminists so weak in their position that they’re unable to cope with the criticism of their ideas?"

There is the truth of it.
              I am wondering if this ex-feminist actually lose her gig after that rant...

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                There's already a word for toxic femininity, it's called "feminism".
                I don't know.... it sounds good, but for me feminism is so anti-feminine...

Comment

UPDATES:

Article is back up in the huffpost website, new title, more info about the feminist credential of the author and though the title is more provocative, the content have being toned down a bit...

Why I’m Anti-Feminism
                  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0e30a95850729

Comparing side to side, what was deleted from the original article:

"What a crock of shit!"

"I’m tired of feminists playing the victim card."

"Unfortunately, males make up a large portion of domestic violence victims yet are excluded from anti-violence programs, throughout the nation."

The wording :
                  "And how does a man go about pursuing the opposite sex in this current climate?

And out of interest, who decides?"

Was replaced by the wording:
                  "How does a man go about flirting? Or pursuing the opposite sex?

And who decides?"

So with this giving editions it looks like the new article is acceptable by the huffpost standards... Now I need to meditate in the meaning of what was deleted from the article, what those lines mean, and why they needed to go... while they were perfectly OK with other critics of feminism...

Just in case they change their mind and new article ends up getting deleted, here a copy of it...

Why I’m Anti-Feminism

Once upon a time...I confidently identified as a feminist.

Then in October 2016 after writing a column about Kim Kardashian for The Daily Telegraph. I found myself splashed across The Washington Times, Cosmopolitan Magazine (US), The Bolt Report and The Guardian, to name a few.

Let me tell you, when they write a negative column about you in The Washington Times — the world unkindly responds.

For three months, my words were taken out of context and I received horrific abuse and death threats online from women who ‘supposedly’ identified as feminists. The irony!

Suddenly, my ‘pitches’ as a journalist were ignored by Fairfax editors who had happily published my work prior. Editors whose brand is equality. Editors who publish numerous articles about bias and equal work opportunities. What a crock of shit!

The Kardashian article was consumed ‘literally’ and processed ‘emotionally’. When in fact, I wasn’t writing about Kardashian at all. I was making commentary about poisonous celebrity culture and how it ruins our young girls.

No-one took into consideration, my LARGE body of work contributing to feminism prior to the ‘Kardashian’ article.

For example:

My books on domestic violence and rape.

My numerous columns that primarily focus on female sexuality and women’s issues.

I was to be judged solely on ONE FUCKING COLUMN. Because that makes sense, yeah? NOT!

I was trolled, cyber-bullied and attacked by high-profile Australian commentators and editors from Daily Life, The Guardian, SBS and Junkee.

I identified as a feminist back in the days when feminism was more about equality and less about vitriolic reactions and hating men. I identified as a feminist when it was less fashionable.

I’m tired of feminists ignoring the authenticity of male issues.

I’m tired of vitriolic hatred being directed at unborn sons.

(Sidenote: What about toxic femininity?)

I studied feminism. I spent a decade familiarising myself with the history.

But now, every Madison, Rose and Clara identifies as a feminist.

The ‘feminist movement’ has become about notoriety. Who can say the most outrageous thing? Who can degrade and dehumanise men, most successfully?

I mean, bias against men in the family court and the increase of male suicides is dismissed within the current narrative.

Earlier this year, I interviewed Australian domestic violence advocate — Phil Hunt. Hunt’s advocacy work primarily focuses on men. Considering more than 30% of domestic violence victims are men, Hunt was shocked to find the only assistance available to him was via phone counselling hotlines and none of these could offer further assistance as he wasn’t a perpetrator.

Are feminists so weak in their position that they’re unable to cope with the criticism of their ideas?

Are feminists so politically correct that when others say things in disagreeance — they should be shut down and punished by vilification or public crucifixion?

Are feminists so pathetic that they believe insults and stereotypes are fine as long as they’re against men?

IT SEEMS SO.

Recently #MeToo spread virally on Twitter, to denounce assault and harassment in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations against Weinstein. The hashtag was popularized by actress Alyssa Milano, who encouraged women to tweet it to publicize experiences to demonstrate the widespread nature of misogynistic behaviour.

I proudly used the hashtag to share two articles about my own journey through rape — one published in The Daily Telegraph and the other in New Matilda.

It felt empowering initially, joining a chorus of women across the world — in our collective abuse.

But then as a survivor, I began to feel that sexual violence was being trivialised by women banging on about innocent acts such as a hand on a knee.

Seriously, is it possible for a male to do anything now without it being considered predatory behaviour?

How does a man go about flirting? Or pursuing the opposite sex?

And who decides?

The social media jury? Australia’s angriest radical feminist and her lapdogs?

As Ella Whelan states in her recent article on Spiked, such weak claims could drag us all back to the age of the damn chaperone and curfew.

I am a HUMANIST. I believe in equal rights for everyone.

Vanessa de Largie is the monthly sex-columnist at Maxim Magazine. She’s also an actress, journalist and author.

Comment

Working...
                  X