SJWs are trying to kill Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJWs are trying to kill Linux

In the biggest move to take over done by SJWs so far...

Now they are going after the Linux developers community to purge the people they consider no worth of living out of a project they have contribute for decades:

https://itsfoss.com/linux-code-of-conduct/

As the article says, the one behind this attack is Caroline Ada Ehmke. She thinks meritocracy is a code word for patriarchy and she is set to smash it wherever she see.

He have created some document she calls the Contributor Covenant... this is nothing short of a code of conduct where they can target and kick out of open source communities, contributors that are not align whit the usual list of feminist causes.

In response of this attempt to take over, and kick out the developers... the developers have legally organized and are ready to prevent the Linux project to continue using their contributions. A move that can potentially kill Linux OS for good.

Linux runs all android devices, the great majority of web servers, industrial machines, smart appliances and much more... just for the web servers, Internet can become significantly reduced.

So this is it... SJWs will kill the core of the internet, will they back down off their madness or someone will finally stop them?

GloboHomoMultiplex not only kill Linux but weaken and kill Western Society that enable it to exist.

ie Cutting its own throat.

Comment

It's unlikely that the "rogue" developers will actually prevail legally if they try to remove their contributions. It's possible but unlikely. If they do, they'd then have to actively police all future releases because there are literally thousands of mirrors out there with the source code. The code is out. They at best ( and I think unlikely) could only pull the "right to use" that code. That in and of itself won't stop people from using it. And it won't stop people from reading it, and re-writing it to function the same way it does now.

What I personally find most disturbing about the Code of Conduct is this:

Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the project team at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS]. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The project team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.

Project maintainers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the project’s leadership.
      This means that accused contributors will likely be confronted with vague descriptions of what they did with little to no ability to address the specifics, because specifics would likely identify whoever reported the incident. So when you're accused, the only defense available will be to hurl yourself on the mercy of the kangaroo court. It also means there's a very real risk of it being used as a weapon. Accusers need to be accountable as well, or there's no cost to repeated false accusations.

I'm also curious about this:

Open Source has always been a foundation of the Internet, and with the advent of social open source networks this is more true than ever. But free, libre, and open source projects suffer from a startling lack of diversity, with dramatically low representation by women, people of color, and other marginalized populations.

Part of this problem lies with the very structure of some projects: the use of insensitive language, thoughtless use of pronouns, assumptions of gender, and even sexualized or culturally insensitive names.
      Even if the quoted statement is true, that doesn't provide evidence that women and minorities are attempting to contribute to open-source projects and then being run out by insensitivity. It could simply be that they have less interest in contributing.
      "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
      "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
        Linux runs all android devices, the great majority of web servers, industrial machines, smart appliances and much more... just for the web servers, Internet can become significantly reduced.

So this is it... SJWs will kill the core of the internet, will they back down off their madness or someone will finally stop them?
        I'm skeptical that developers can withdraw their contributions the way they're threatening.

I'm 99.9% sure that they can't withdraw them retroactively. That means even if if they can withdraw permission it would only be effective on any new releases. That means no updates to existing code on existing products, but not catastrophic shutdown of the internet.
        "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
        "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
          In the biggest move to take over done by SJWs so far...
          I thought this had been going on for some time now ...? At least mr. Linux himself "taking a break" happened a whaile ago.
          Anyhow ...

As the article says, the one behind this attack is Caroline Ada Ehmke.
          Interesting difference between her actual photo and the pencil sketch filter sha has applied to it ...

I chewed my way through this article, and severalof those linked to in it, and, in one case, all 392 comments ... from 2015 ...
          ... showing that the world is a) not moving forward while b) still managing to decay. It's a miracle.
          Well, the point was I'm probably going to mix up some quotes, not having taken notes along the way.

She thinks meritocracy is a code word for patriarchy and she is set to smash it wherever she see.
          Clearly favours the wrong people: as someone says in one article, merit is the effing only ting effing cis white males have going for them.
          (Can't source this one, but it's out there.)

He have created some document she calls the Contributor Covenant...
          this is nothing short of a code of conduct where they can target and kick out of open source communities, contributors that are not align whit the usual list of feminist causes.
          Yes, feminist, but also the whole antifa grievance catalogue.
          So many pitfalls now that there was a need to establish a CoC consultancy firm:
          https://frameshiftconsulting.com/code-of-conduct-book/
          To aid us in our misery, they have written a manual on how to create and handle a Code of Conduct:
          https://files.frameshiftconsulting.c...s/cocguide.pdf , which is 100+ pages of an ideology of Kafka goes Gestapo in 1984,
          implemented with the professionalism only matched by team that gave us Who Framed Roger Rabbit The Musical.

As a two-for one, here is a blog post on how people who make sexist jokes should be investigated by the IRS:
          https://blog.valerieaurora.org/2017/...al-harassment/

Also lovely: no matter how terrible sexism and racism are, they are not half as bad as people with good intentions:
          https://thebias.com/2017/09/26/how-g...and-inclusion/

developers have legally organized and are ready to prevent the Linux project to continue using their contributions.
          Don't know abou this. The legalities seem ambivalent. Probably comes down to who has more power.

SJWs will kill the core of the internet, will they back down off their madness or someone will finally stop them?
          An interesting online soap opera, with possible audience participation

M

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post

I'm skeptical that developers can withdraw their contributions the way they're threatening.

I'm 99.9% sure that they can't withdraw them retroactively. That means even if if they can withdraw permission it would only be effective on any new releases. That means no updates to existing code on existing products, but not catastrophic shutdown of the internet.
            They claim there is some cases before where creators of free content had change the status of the licence. They sure will try for it.

In the other hand. it is their code, they sure can think of a way or 2 to break it...

So, worst case scenario they can legally pull out their software out of the OS.

Best case scenario: They can't legally pull out their code, but we will get a lot of new viruses around killing all the linux machines.

Recently a set of hackers toke down linux.org just to show that they can do it if they want to, legally or not.

"Someone Defaced Linux.org Website With ‘Goatse’ And Anti-Diversity Tirade"
            https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...acement-goatse

The reality of the fact is that Linux as an OS does not have any viable future if they kick out the programmers and replace them with diversity tokens.

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post

I thought this had been going on for some time now ...? At least mr. Linux himself "taking a break" happened a whaile ago.
              Anyhow ...
              He came back drop the new Code of Conduct and went back to retirement...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/22/...ode-of-conduct

Interesting difference between her actual photo and the pencil sketch filter sha has applied to it ...
              LOL.

At least someone on Upwork made some $20 out of it...

I chewed my way through this article, and severalof those linked to in it, and, in one case, all 392 comments ... from 2015 ...
              ... showing that the world is a) not moving forward while b) still managing to decay. It's a miracle.
              Well, the point was I'm probably going to mix up some quotes, not having taken notes along the way.
              No problem... I did some fast reading of the main article and a few couple more that I didn't link... I don't have much free time this time of the year.

Clearly favours the wrong people: as someone says in one article, merit is the effing only ting effing cis white males have going for them.
              (Can't source this one, but it's out there.)
              That was the core culture on Linux development...

Yes, feminist, but also the whole antifa grievance catalogue.
              So many pitfalls now that there was a need to establish a CoC consultancy firm:
              https://frameshiftconsulting.com/code-of-conduct-book/
              To aid us in our misery, they have written a manual on how to create and handle a Code of Conduct:
              https://files.frameshiftconsulting.c...s/cocguide.pdf , which is 100+ pages of an ideology of Kafka goes Gestapo in 1984,
              implemented with the professionalism only matched by team that gave us Who Framed Roger Rabbit The Musical.
              LOL...

They dropped the geekfeminism.com domain... right now going on godaddy auctions for $2.5k I am considering getting it, I am sure I can top them with the SEO and get a lot of Lulz out of it... BUu then again I can probably get one of those domains that end in .mom and screw them over the same way, for just $20 a year...

Do you remember Geek Feminist? I wrote about them few months ago, they where doing consulting to companies to get them to invest in girls in technology... I guess they didn't' got anyone to invest?

they still have pages like this, that are also locked because they can't manage it:

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Geek_Feminism_Wiki

As a two-for one, here is a blog post on how people who make sexist jokes should be investigated by the IRS:
              https://blog.valerieaurora.org/2017/...al-harassment/
              After all this years of me studying feminism... I gotta tell you... this is not joke, if they can use the IRS as a weapon to destroy the people they don't like, they will do it right away and feel they did the right thing by doing so.

Don't know about this. The legalities seem ambivalent. Probably comes down to who has more power.

At the end of the day, when talking about developing programs, nobody have more power than the programers themselves.

An interesting online soap opera, with possible audience participation
              And just on time for when I finally came around to decided to get rid of Windows 10 and transition to Linux... what I do now?

Comment

Linux (and a big chunk of the open-source community) is pretty progressive by default.

The Linux kernal is developed under GNU "copyleft" public license.

The "controversy" is what form leftism should take, traditional leftism is more about "economic justice," while new leftism is more about pronouns, manspreading and 72 genders.

Alot of old-school commies think that the "new progressive" is a plot to take the whole left into lala land instead of talking about things like economic inequality.

Like instead of paying you better, they call you "zhe" and you can say "we won!" but all the money is offshore.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post

72 genders.
                  Hah! Corresponds to the number of houris awaiting the glorious dead in Paradise, then.
                  Although if Luxenberg is right, that would be white grapes, not maidens.
                  So martyring yourself to go to Paradise and meet these houris might be dangerously close to date grape.

M

Comment

Working...
                  X