IPIP-300 Personality Test -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPIP-300 Personality Test -

so i thought the forum has become kind of dull, this is a thread where EVERYONE can interact easily and get discussion out of it.

http://www.personalityassessor.com/ipip300/

take the above test.

post your results.

and see how we all score

please dont post anything but results. and only post other comments if you have posted your own results. (its only fair)
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

i thought my results were very strange so i took the test twice 2 weeks apart so as to attempt to make it more legitimate.. but it was basically the same score

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

take the time to answer the questions. its.... meant to show we are a VERY wide range of people.

Comment

I would probably score very low on agreeableness, since I am not going to take your ******* test. Hahaha.

Comment

Yeah, I stopped doing it when it started asking about my political affiliations.

Comment

bah its just for fun jesus the forums have been boring so figured it would help.

you both broke the rules of the thread! wankers

Comment

Well, surprise fucking surprise ... Im a cranky old bastard!!

...with no imagination. LOL

Big Five Personality Dimensions
              Extraversion - 55th percentile - about average
              Agreeableness - 31st percentile - low
              Conscientiousness - 50th percentile - about average
              Neuroticism - 30th percentile - low
              Openness - 21st percentile - very low
              The Big Five personality dimensions are broad personality traits that describe the majority of ways that people can differ from each other. What does this mean?

Each of the Big-Five personality dimensions contains several smaller "facets." What is a facet?
              Extraversion

Extraversion - 55th percentile - about average
              You are about average in extraversion. Extraverts are sociable, like to take risks,and feel lots of positive emotions. The six facets of extraversion are:
              Activity - 71st percentile - high
              You prefer high levels of activity, such as being on the go and staying busy.
              Assertiveness - 79th percentile - very high
              There're very high chances that you'll take charge and lead others.
              Cheerfulness - 33rd percentile - low
              You experience low levels of happiness, joy, and other positive emotions.
              Excitement Seeking - 20th percentile - very low
              You like to seek very low levels of thrills.
              Friendliness - 50th percentile - about average
              You're about average in your desire to be around other people and show an interest in their lives.
              Gregariousness - 69th percentile - high
              You're high in flocking toward other people and being talkative and sociable around them.
              Extraversion score not equal to the average of its facets?
              Agreeableness

Agreeableness - 31st percentile - low
              You are low in agreeableness. Highly agreeable people tend to do whatever it takes to have positive relationships with other people. The six facets of agreeableness are:
              Altruism - 21st percentile - very low
              You are very low in generally wanting to be good to other people, including helping them when they need it.
              Cooperation - 12th percentile - very low
              There are very low chances that you'll try to get along with other people.
              Modesty - 35th percentile - low
              You have low levels of modesty. Modest people don't like to brag or show off, because those types of behaviors can be harmful to relationships.
              Morality - 44th percentile - about average
              Sticking to the rules and treating everyone fairly is of about average value to you.
              Sympathy - 48th percentile - about average
              You have about average levels of sympathy for other people, which includes caring about them and wanting what's best for them.
              Trust - 64th percentile - high
              You're high in believing that other people are generally good and not out to harm you.
              Conscientiousness

Conscientiousness - 50th percentile - about average
              You are about average in conscientiousness. Highly conscientious people are diligent, hard-working, and responsible. The six facets of conscientiousness are:
              Achievement Striving - 59th percentile - about average
              You have about average desires to work hard and get ahead.
              Cautiousness - 76th percentile - very high
              The odds are very low that you'll just jump into things without really thinking them through. You spend very high amounts of time planning what to do.
              Dutifulness - 34th percentile - low
              You're low in sticking to your word, keeping your promises, and upholding your obligations.
              Orderliness - 39th percentile - low
              You prefer low levels of cleanliness and order in your environment.
              Self-Discipline - 47th percentile - about average
              You have about average self-discipline—which is the ability to get to work quickly, stay focused, and avoid distractions or procrastination.
              Self-Efficacy - 42nd percentile - about average
              When you need to do something, you have about average ability to get it done and do it well (or maybe more accurately, you believe that your ability is about average).
              Neuroticism

Neuroticism - 30th percentile - low
              You are low in neuroticism, which means that you experience low levels of negative emotions, like anger, fear, and stress. The six facets of neuroticism are:
              Anger - 61st percentile - high
              Your levels of anger and irritability are high.
              Anxiety - 29th percentile - low
              Compared with other people, you have low stress, fears, and worries about the future.
              Depression - 41st percentile - about average
              This is NOT "clinical depression." This score simply tells you that, compared with other people, you feel about average amounts of sadness and like yourself to a about average degree.
              Immoderation - 30th percentile - low
              You have high self-control when it comes to resisting temptations; there are low chances that you'll give into your desires and binge (on shopping, eating, drinking, or whatever your vices are).

Note that self-discipline (a facet of conscientiousness) deals with your ability to focus your attention on accomplishing goals, whereas immoderation refers to your ability to resist temptations.
              Self-Consciousness - 24th percentile - very low
              You like to draw very high levels of attention to yourself, and feel very low amounts of unease when interacting with others socially (especially strangers).
              Vulnerability - 21st percentile - very low
              The chances that you'll be overwhelmed by difficult circumstances are very low. Notice that this is different from anxiety (which refers to general stress- and fear-proneness) and self-efficacy (a facet of conscientiousness that reflects your confidence in your ability to accomplish tasks). Vulnerability specifically refers to your propensity to feel overwhelmed by difficult situations.
              Openness to Experience

Openness to Experience - 21st percentile - very low
              You are very low in openness to experience. Openness is a broad, diffuse personality dimension with many seemingly very different facets. In general, highly open people like a variety of new experiences, whether physical, emotional, intellectual, or cultural. The six facets of openness are:
              Adventurousness - 47th percentile - about average
              Your prefer about average amounts of variety and new experiences in your life (i.e., you have about average openness to new experiences).
              Artistic Interests - 43rd percentile - about average
              You have about average love for art, music, and culture (i.e., you have about average openness to aesthetic experiences).
              Emotionality - 49th percentile - about average
              Your attunement to your own and others' emotions is about average. Whereas cheerfulness and excitement seeking (facets of extraversion) capture your propensity to feel positive emotions and neuroticism captures your propensity to feel negative emotions, emotionality refers to your overall openness to/desire to truly feel emotions.
              Imagination - 4th percentile - extremely low
              You have extremely low imagination (i.e., you have extremely low openness to experiences of the imagination).
              Intellect - 60th percentile - about average
              Your desire to play with ideas, reflect on philosophical concepts, and have deep discussions is about average (i.e., you have about average openness to intellectual experiences).
              Liberalism - 13th percentile - very low
              Your political liberalism is very low (conversely, your political conservatism is very high). This is a facet of openness to experience because liberals tend to desire progressive change, whereas conservatives tend to prefer less political change.
              "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
              "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

I think it's saying I'm very boring.

"...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
                Originally posted by menrppl2
                Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

Here's Mine.

(It seems the real test is in figuring out how to get the image uploaded and presented at the proper size...)

Attached Files
                  FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                  It's time to call it out for what it is.
                  == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
                  http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

thanks all 3 of you for taking it you were 3 i wanted to take it actually.. im curious why all 3 of you are fairly normal people and i tend to be at the high or low end of the spectrum only..is it because im not fully honest with myself? or too honest? i dont know..taking it twice.. not sure. i think i was honest as best i could be.

Comment

Nearly everything I answered was agree,neutral,disagree.
                      ...hardly any extremes

I reckon that the results skew pretty heavily depending on what was answered for some questions that were repeated in different sequences and contexts.
                      Also suspect that if I took the test without 4 whiskey's under my belt, my agreeableness would plummet.
                      Conscientiousness would go up... as would, anger.
                      Pretty much rides on yr frame of mind at the time.
                      Fun though.

When it came to screen-shotting and formatting for presentation to you fuckers, I though bugger this, this the sort of shit I have to do at work all the time.

"Cooperation - 12th percentile - very low"

... no fucking kidding. LOL
                      "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                      "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...lity_Inventory

...this could be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                          thanks all 3 of you for taking it you were 3 i wanted to take it actually.. im curious why all 3 of you are fairly normal people and i tend to be at the high or low end of the spectrum only..is it because im not fully honest with myself? or too honest? i dont know..taking it twice.. not sure. i think i was honest as best i could be.
                          Well along side answering the questions I did try to pay attention, I might try to rip and analyse these questions sometime. Just on completing I noticed two types of consistency checking, reworded questions and negative framing. That's pretty standard practice and not very reliable, I think this test though uses not as consistency checking but too increase the extent of the match. That's a dubious approach. Take two questions like this a) You focus hard on the task in front of you, b) You prefer to concentrate on your work until it's all complete. If you treat those as consistency checks that's useful but if you double the score for Conscientiousness on that basis, that's dubious. I don't have access to the answer matrix, since the questions are submitted to a server. But I do think it would give certain types of more stark than realistic results. More often than not I chose neutral type answers because my thoughts were sometimes not, sometimes yes - depends on the situation. Yet many areas it weighted my results to be quite deterministic. The validation on these quizzes when done fully uses piles of data with known profiles or assessed by different methods. However in this case, the design looks like that can only be used to test the questions. In other words does this question explore Agreeableness, testing could indicate yes it does, but to what it extent is massively harder to determine. So that leaves the subjective assessment being consistency repetition and extent of match.

Extent of match by self selection isn't done well on this quiz. Strongly Agree vs Agree... what does that mean what is the universal standard for an averaged comparison basis. Again the usual method is having a lot of data and balancing it, in other words throw out the outliers, top and bottom 10 percent, then moderate the answer matrix using the other data. I don't think that's been done or any other method probably. In something like Do you easily get angry? For someone that might mean when exposed to a confrontational person do you get angry quickly, to someone else it might mean When situations are frustrating do you react by getting angry? In the quiz there were similar questions including reworded balancing questions such as Do you keep your cool?

In an answer matrix these answers should be used to verify and balance results, check the understanding of the respondent, as well as offer some indications that a person is gaming the quiz. You can test gaming by including trap questions, these are often unimpressive things like Do you answer questions honestly? or meaningless questions which sound reasonable but would have for the vast majority just one response. Then if people put responses away from that, it indicates random click or some other type of gaming or not in good faith completion.

I'd suggest TN, that your responses indicate very high level of consistency in your response and tendency to treat similar phrases as the same phrase for question and response purposes. That in response to questions you think about stark examples of that to respond to rather than ambiguous examples. That of itself isn't that common a personality type. But I don't think that would surprise you.

Best was to see how much you agree with the results is to look at the definitions and decide to what extent you match, even ask friends or partners who know you well.

Like this:

Rate on a scale of 1 to 10 as matching your personality and response in different types of situations

1) With strangers and friends, in work, social, formal and informal situations you are sociable, like to take risks, and feel lots of positive emotions.

2) Whenever you interact with people you will take pro-active steps to have positive relationships with other people, such as giving your time, listening, doing favours, support the ideas of others even if you have no independent or evidenced reason to do so.

3) At work, in hobbies, and when relaxing you focus on completing the activity to schedule and level of completeness that you can do time and time again.

4) Negative emotions, like anger, fear, and stress do not affect your outlook or approach to any situation, regardless of your level of frustration you'd prefer to keep interacting with people who may well be making demands on you rather take time for yourself.

5) Given a choice between tried and enjoyed activities or new and unknown activities you would consistently choose the new and unknown activity.

I wouldn't be surprised if you did have strong results in some dimensions, but I'd be surprised if they are as stark as your test results.
                          Last edited by voidspawn; 09-07-2017, 12:16 AM.
                          "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
                          Originally posted by menrppl2
                          Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
                            my thoughts were sometimes not, sometimes yes - depends on the situation.
                            Very yes.

A census taker once sent me one of these questionnaires, trying to disect me with such a blunt instrument.
                            I ate that with some fava beans and a fat amarone.

M

Comment

this thread should not have died!

Comment

Working...
                              X