Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for statistics and advice for a research paper on Men's rights.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for statistics and advice for a research paper on Men's rights.

Hey guys! I was looking for some advice on a research paper i'm working on. My language arts substitute teacher is a pretty hardcore feminist (Not to the point where she yells at me and my friends, but around the area where she talks about 'male privilege' and'rape culture'. While we were watching MLK's incredible "I have a dream" speech in class yesterday, she brought up the topic of "Male privilege" and claimed that: "If you are born white, and especially if you are born male, you have an advantage in this world. This is what is called 'male privilege'." Keep in mind that all of my "White male" friends (as well as a few Filipinos and Africans that are in my class) are working/low middle class. We all started cracking jokes, like calling another guy in our class "privileged" for having a few Iphone, stupid stuff like that. Anyways, she interrupted our conversation and said, not word for word, but what I remember: "It really sucks that you guys are undermining such a serious issue in our society. For your information, privilege is when you can feel safe no matter what you wear, and when you can feel comfortable on a bus, and especially when an entire society doesn't treat your gender as a sex object and a plaything." After that experience, I knew what I wanted to do my research paper on. I want to do a paper on issues regarding Men's issues, as well as some of the falsehoods spread by a few feminists, such as the wage gap, rape culture, etc. Would you guys want to help me out?

its all over these forums just run searches in the top right corner.
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by CheesyBorders View Post
      Hey guys! I was looking for some advice on a research paper i'm working on. My language arts substitute teacher is a pretty hardcore feminist (Not to the point where she yells at me and my friends, but around the area where she talks about 'male privilege' and'rape culture'. While we were watching MLK's incredible "I have a dream" speech in class yesterday, she brought up the topic of "Male privilege" and claimed that: "If you are born white, and especially if you are born male, you have an advantage in this world. This is what is called 'male privilege'." Keep in mind that all of my "White male" friends (as well as a few Filipinos and Africans that are in my class) are working/low middle class. We all started cracking jokes, like calling another guy in our class "privileged" for having a few Iphone, stupid stuff like that. Anyways, she interrupted our conversation and said, not word for word, but what I remember: "It really sucks that you guys are undermining such a serious issue in our society. For your information, privilege is when you can feel safe no matter what you wear, and when you can feel comfortable on a bus, and especially when an entire society doesn't treat your gender as a sex object and a plaything." After that experience, I knew what I wanted to do my research paper on. I want to do a paper on issues regarding Men's issues, as well as some of the falsehoods spread by a few feminists, such as the wage gap, rape culture, etc. Would you guys want to help me out?
      Under 'Activism Central' you'll find sub-forums dedicated to litterature and stats on MRA issues.

M

Comment

Working...
      X