Would You Go Back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Go Back?

If the divorce laws, child support and other things were rolled back and the social norms of the past were reinstated and the genders no longer at war, would you be willing to fulfil the classic male gender role?

IMHO, the deal men and women had before all of the changes of the post war order just weren't that bad. It seems to me that almost nobody is happy with the status quo, while the vast majority of people were happy before all this stuff happened. I am well aware that men didn't necessarily have it easy before all the changes occurred and that it was not "a man's world" as feminists would have people believe. But I also think it very difficult to believe that anyone can look at modernity and see anything but mass chaos and degeneration.

I know AVFM is not MGTOW (and I know what their answer would be anyway), but I am very curious about the opinions of people who consider themselves MRAs.
    White privilege is just like 'the patriarchy' for minorities!
    Womyn, to take the man out of woman, too stupid to know Y it's a bad idea

Originally posted by christo930 View Post
    I but I am very curious about the opinions of people who consider themselves MRAs.
    Hard times create strong men.
    Strong men create good times.
    Good times create weak men.
    Weak men create hard times

youre going back whether you like it or not.

round, round, round
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
      Hard times create strong men.
      Strong men create good times.
      Good times create weak men.
      Weak men create hard times

youre going back whether you like it or not.

round, round, round
      I was actually going to put something about how if the current circumstances changed, how would that make you feel.

I think the Neo-Liberal order is far more resilient than people believe. It took Rome centuries to fall. If the Neo-Liberal system does actually fail catastrophically, gender roles are not going to mean a thing because billions of people would die.

Comment

we're collapsing. nothing is changing back.
        there is no way of going back.
        honestly i would not go back even if i could.

things are a changing.
        Originally posted by MatrixTransform
        where were you before you put yourself last?
        Originally posted by TheNarrator
        Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

how would that make you feel..
          Heh he, that's funny ..

I feel... um, i feel like, ah, feeling like ... Oh yeah I got it ... I dont give a fuck.

I wonder how Bret Wienstien feels too ... except I don't give a fuck

Laws, cores, mores or feelz are like seasons while the Saharan sands slowly but surely cover everything that was.

right now we are getting to the end of the latest Weak Man phase ... there's 8 billion of us, 1.5 Billion are Chinese

find a Chinese wife and and let yr genes ride the way-things-are merry-go-round

if you dont then somebody else will.
          "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
          "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
            Heh he, that's funny ..

I feel... um, i feel like, ah, feeling like ... Oh yeah I got it ... I dont give a fuck.

I wonder how Bret Wienstien feels too ... except I don't give a fuck

Laws, cores, mores or feelz are like seasons while the Saharan sands slowly but surely cover everything that was.

right now we are getting to the end of the latest Weak Man phase ... there's 8 billion of us, 1.5 Billion are Chinese

find a Chinese wife and and let yr genes ride the way-things-are merry-go-round

if you dont then somebody else will.
            I didn't mean it in the sense of SJW 'feelings' more like "what are your thoughts on that?"

I have no idea what the Chinese have to do with this.

Comment

id like to go back to when capt cooke discovered the Polynesian islands

there just isn't enough barebreasted women worshiping me as a god in paradise, these days.

but otherwise

being chivilarous blue pill in a gynocentric country with hypergamous, doesn't sound like fun.....must have been nice to raise your kids tho.

http://www.polynesia.tk/vajine1.jpg

http://image.shutterstock.com/z/stoc...-147564533.jpg
              Last edited by menrppl2; 01-18-2018, 09:02 PM.
              A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

christo sorry if im confusing ya, Im just scatting away and not really trying to serious or specific

I didn't mean it in the sense of SJW 'feelings' more like "what are your thoughts on that?"
                yeah...thats what Im saying.
                my thoughts.

I reckon talk about what it might hypothetically be like to go back to a previous age is a waste of time.
                Same as trying to get permission from academia or or FacistBook do a forensic on society to find out where yr balls went.
                Plan a future, take a stand.
                Give less fucks
                Manspread
                and be the strong man.

I have no idea what the Chinese have to do with this.
                TM's decline, is somebody else's rise.
                The west is on a moral/ethical downward cycle on top of the short business cycle, on top of the long business cycle, which is riding the End Of Empire tsunami.

Comment

Fuck no! The bachelor life has spoiled me! I'm hardcore, man.
                  Stay single and prosper!

Comment

If the divorce laws, child support and other things were rolled back and the social norms of the past were reinstated and the genders no longer at war, would you be willing to fulfil the classic male gender role?

IMHO, the deal men and women had before all of the changes of the post war order just weren't that bad. It seems to me that almost nobody is happy with the status quo, while the vast majority of people were happy before all this stuff happened. I am well aware that men didn't necessarily have it easy before all the changes occurred and that it was not "a man's world" as feminists would have people believe. But I also think it very difficult to believe that anyone can look at modernity and see anything but mass chaos and degeneration.

I know AVFM is not MGTOW (and I know what their answer would be anyway), but I am very curious about the opinions of people who consider themselves MRAs.
                    Depends. How deep and how far does the rollback go?

At what time was society "healthy"? Are we talking 1950, 1920, 1890, 1500 BCE?

And for all of these steps, do we roll back e.g. technology with it?
                    Then, going back to 1950 means eliminating the Pill, which I would say is no kind of boon for men. I'm fairly happy with the sexual revolution

Culture and society are as they are because they represent our reaction to material constraints.
                    As material constraints fall away - as they have been doing since the invention of the steam engine - culture and society become more and more, well, unconstrained, free from external limits. Those limits that are, have all internal causes (i.e. "human nature" etc.)
                    If constraints appear again, external limits will reassert themselves, and the mores will roll back as an effect of that. Pretty simple.

As an early-adapter semi-mgtow drop-out, I'd have to say no. The classic male gender role was oppressive.

M

Comment

id go back to the wild west..but it has nothing to do with gynocentrism.
                      lol
                      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

I'm fine with the current system if only it worked the way it claims it does.

If equality actually meant equality and not "men have to keep being responsible blue-pill shmuck providers and women get to run around shitting on everyone's life and being rewarded for it."

I'm comfortable being a patriarch, I'm comfortable being responsible for a woman.

But the rewards just aren't there.

There's no respect, there's no thank-you, it's all "what can you do for me" and "where is the money I am entitled to by law."

My spirit has darkened over time, I'm no longer the magnanimous, happy-go-lucky person that would help anybody out.

If society deals with me honorably, then I will associate.

Otherwise I will keep my time and energy to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
                          I'm fine with the current system if only it worked the way it claims it does.

If equality actually meant equality and not "men have to keep being responsible blue-pill shmuck providers and women get to run around shitting on everyone's life and being rewarded for it."

I'm comfortable being a patriarch, I'm comfortable being responsible for a woman.

But the rewards just aren't there.

There's no respect, there's no thank-you, it's all "what can you do for me" and "where is the money I am entitled to by law."

My spirit has darkened over time, I'm no longer the magnanimous, happy-go-lucky person that would help anybody out.

If society deals with me honorably, then I will associate.

Otherwise I will keep my time and energy to myself.
                          I seriously doubt any ability to roll back all the bad laws without a corresponding rollback in social attitudes that would value male gender roles.

I don't see the old world as particularly gynocentric. It was much more a partnership than a system entirely "designed" (use that loosely) for the benefit of women. People were much happier, at least from the conversations I have had with these generations.

The sexual revolution has been an unmitigated disaster with very little upside and a whole lot of downside. Not only has it screwed up relations between men and women, it has also unleashed every form of sexual degeneracy you can think of into the mainstream. Is there anyone over 30 who believed we could ever reach a point where you would be considered a mentally ill bigot for opposing giving estrogen to little boys?

Comment

I don't see the old world as particularly gynocentric.
                            old world in comparrison to today isnt gynocentric..

but every single society on this planet is gynocentric. if you do not believe women being secure at home while the men die in mines isnt gynocentric... then not sure what to tell you.

women are more important than men in every single society in history.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                              old world in comparrison to today isnt gynocentric..

but every single society on this planet is gynocentric. if you do not believe women being secure at home while the men die in mines isnt gynocentric... then not sure what to tell you.

women are more important than men in every single society in history.
                              This is about as accurate as the feminists who claim the past and the non-western world today as being set up for the benefit of men. It sounds like you are superimposing the modern home into the past. The vast majority of people were farmers anyway, not miners or blacksmiths and the like. Something in the neighborhood of 80% of people were farmers who lived on small farms or were farmhands. Though I would also admit that there is a period where that was not really true (in America) and where women probably had it easier. It's not like they were in competition.

In any event, the status quo is not really desirable and makes little sense for both men and women.

Comment

Working...
                              X