Female-on-male sexual assault and sexual harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female-on-male sexual assault and sexual harassment

Society is constantly talking about male-on-female sexual harassment, but the existence of female-on-male sexual harassment is hidden. Well actually, it's not as much hidden as it is glamourized. I've actually seen more female-on-male sexual harassment as I have male-on-female. I've mentioned this to other MRAs, and a huge number of them agree. The thing is, society paints this behaviour as not only acceptable, but makes it appear as a privilege, and any man who doesn't accept the behaviour is shamed as gay or not a "real man".

So really, it isn't really all that much more of a gender issue than domestic violence or other issues feminists try to turn into one.

RE: Female-on-male sexual assault and sexual harassment

A LITTLE OT - BUT HERE IS THAT 1-IN-3 LIE AGAIN.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vday/one-billion-rising_1_b_1909698.html

Comment

Since men are the majority of victims of every violent crime, then that would have to mean that 1 in 2 men are beaten in their lifetime.
      Actually, I wouldn't be all that surprise if that statistic turned out to be accurate.

Comment

Let me tell you of a personal experience I had with female on male sexual harassment. After my divorce a woman in the I.T. department where I worked began flirting with me. She had suggested several times that we hook up since I was divorced and "Needed it". I told her to knock the crap off and leave me alone. She didn't so I went to my boss (a woman). My boss told me I was mis-interpteting what my co-worker was saying, so I went to HR and filed a complaint.

I was the one who was sent to a "Preventing Sexual Harassment in the workplace" class. I spoke with a lawyer and he told be that I had an ice cube's chance in hell of winning the case (his exact words), that's just the way it is. I found a new job and turned in my 2 week notice.

My exit interview had been scheduled for my last day of work with a HR representative and my boss. I invited my Boss's Boss and his VP to the meeting. They all showed up. My Boss was really freaked out. A VP was in an exit interview with her employee. I told them bluntly why I was leaving: Sexual Harassment that was ridiculed and swept under the carpet and that I was punitively sent to a "Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace" class for filing a complaint of sexual harassment with the HR department. In short, I was retaliated against for reporting sexual harassment.

This situation did not sit well with the VP since there is a policy in place preventing retaliation for people reporting sexual harassment to the company's HR department. He asked me to provide a timeline with dates and notes when the harassment occurred. My boss and the HR Manager had really smug looks on their faces when he asked for that information. When I opened my folio and gave him 3 sheets of paper with times, dates, notes and who was involved, the smug looks dissipated instantly.

I ended the meeting by saying that I could no longer work for a company that blatantly violated their own rules for sexual harassment and retaliation for my filing a complaint with the HR department. I tossed my key card on the table, turned and left then went to my office and picked up my stuff and walked out the door, but only after sending an email to the entire department and senior/executive management with the same info I gave to the VP in my exit interview.
        De oppresso liber

Comment

G'day TPH,

My goodness. This is some story.

You tell it very clearly and all kudos to you for initiating the process as you did. A shame that others did not react with the same sense of fairness and ethics.

Thank you for telling us this.

~ respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. F
            G'day TPH,

My goodness. This is some story.

You tell it very clearly and all kudos to you for initiating the process as you did. A shame that others did not react with the same sense of fairness and ethics.

Thank you for telling us this.

~ respect.
            I'm sure quite a few on this forum have had similar situations, perhaps not so blatant, but happening nevertheless. In my view, the sexual discrimination and sexual harassment policies at corporations are there to prevent women from being harassed or discriminated against. The corporations pay lip service saying the policies are for both sexes, but in practice the policies are there to cover the corporations ass legally when women are concerned.

When ever a woman brings up the topic and says men are not sexually harassed, I present what happened to me. Usually I get the "Deer in the headlights" look from the woman.

It's no wonder I became a MRA, I'd be bloody insane if I didn't.
            De oppresso liber

Comment

The accepted belief is that men can't get sexually harassed because they're supposed to like it. Heck, I've seen men and boys who talk about being sexually harassed and people try to claim that it's sugar-coated bragging. I wonder what their reaction to openly gay men in that situation would be, I presume the typical homophobia.

Comment

Well c'mon, the woman couldn't know he was gay so just orientational misunderstanding, had he been straight it would've been acceptable!

Great story by the way. I actually had the honor as a manager of firing a woman for sexual harassment in a zero tolerance environment!
                My favorite MRA: Girl Writes What

Comment

I wonder what the reaction would be if he had openly stated he was gay before though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerbu
                    I wonder what the reaction would be if he had openly stated he was gay before though.
                    Nothing would of changed. The office "hottie" wanted me so I must be gay to turn her down. My fault for being so afraid of catching a STD from a woman who got to her position by *ahem* traditional means. I'm not kidding on the last point.
                    De oppresso liber

Comment

As an effect of the red pill, a woman's attractiveness means nothing to my opinion of her. Also speaking of excuses, I've heard "he must be ashamed of his penis size" used a few times.

Comment

" HE must be gay, HE must have a small Penis, HE must be shy" etc etc, It can't possibly be that HE has standards or that HE is not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by yennedtrebor
                          " HE must be gay, HE must have a small Penis, HE must be shy" etc etc, It can't possibly be that HE has standards or that HE is not interested.
                          Sounds an awful lot like "slut shaming."

In my experience of being sexually assaulted by a woman, other women actually treated it as more serious than men did. I never heard from a woman "you should feel lucky" whereas when I attempted to report it, that was the response I got. To men, the idea that a 16 year old boy could turn down a "totally hawt milf" was unthinkable. At the time, she didn't even realize that I might not be consenting.
                          The ancient shitposter returns.

Comment

I was referring to when a man turns down a woman's advance's and this is how they respond to his denying of the. If a man won't consent to have sex with a woman, it is always considered to be because of his inadequacies.

Comment

Working...
                            X