It is that easy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is that easy.

I'm just going to post a little thing about something that happened to me today.
    There is construction work going on outside my home.
    I stopped for a few minutes talked to the construction crew and told them about men's rights issues.
    They responded with "if you have some posters sure we would love to look at them"
    30 seconds later I gave them some posters I had sitting around.

It can be just that easy.
    Dan

RE: It is that easy.

Originally posted by Dannyboy
    I'm just going to post a little thing about something that happened to me today.
    I stopped for a few minutes talked to the construction crew and told them about men's rights issues.
    They responded with "if you have some posters sure we would love to look at them"

Dan
    Great story Dan!

Comment

What was their response to the posters?

Comment

Great! Just curious how did you bring up mens rights without sounding like you're selling something? That's the part I usually struggle with.

Comment

That's awesome Dannyboy.

Comment

G'day DannyBoy,

Ah you silly ole' fruit bat. They'll stick 'em up if they're not stuck up... get it ? Get it ?

Mate I love hearing stuff like this. So they just stuck them up did they ?
            Nice one, now I am off to the cop shop and I'm going to hand them a bunch.

Comment

Dan is the man!
              Screw the article, read the comments.

Comment

Thumbs up!

It's my experience, that the subject of women or rather being screwed by them, i.e. divorces, etc. always surfaces at one point or another.
                I always use that as an angle to turn the conversation over to something MRM related, as in mentioning the marriage and divorce stats, or the percentage of divorces that ends up with women getting custody.
                The majority of guys I've spoken with, always have some horror story to tell themselves, to which the rest of the guys will give their consent. Many times the conversation will end with one of the guys saying: 'But what's a man to do?'

And that my cue: 'Well, there's actually this site I go to, that are trying to change all that, so if you don't want your son to fall into the same trap, you might want to go take a look, and give them your support.'

Comment

Hearing experiences like this is always motivating. I find it more and more imperative to spread the word at every opportunity. I usually find the opportunity when yet another example of misandry rears its ugly head and I am not always alone in condemning it.

It's always rewarding to see the reactions of women who are confronting the fact that opposition is afoot - and not always where they expect it.

Great work as usual Dannyboy. Much appreciation for taking on the job as moderator. This forum has features I'm still exploring. A really top effort by all involved. Thanks !

Comment

Kimski et al,
                    I usually just throw facts at them.
                    Then I add in something like "how many guys do you know who have been slapped up side the head by their wife, girlfriend / old lady and they threw a beer (liquid) in her face and the man was charged"
                    Or " how many guys do you know where she got the house the car and the dog's nuts in a divorce situation"
                    I guess I am appealing to their sensebilities and they respond favourably.

Comment

I can't seem to get any further than making people become loosely interested in the movement. I really can't see a rational reason for why there aren't more men standing up for themselves. I probably couldn't have resisted joining the movement if I tried, yet some will try to avoid that line of discussion.

Comment

G'day Zerbu,

It's part of the process. It will happen just as it did in Germany circa 1945.

Frustrating oh you bet. We will prevail here, as truth knows nothing but pressing on as it does aye.

Yeah, I get that too mate. I just remind myself that in times to come there will be much blushing and shaking of heads and words said like, "I can't believe I fell for that shit?"

But you know what, we are the same, and it's just that we have caught on sooner is all. They will come. We are building it.

Comment

I'm doing my best to spread the word as well but I'm still experimenting with what approach and facts grabs peoples attention the most. Whenever I can get someone to listen to me for more than thirty seconds, I usually end up getting through to them. I haven't run in to any hostility yet, so I'd have to say the biggest obstacle I'm seeing right now is people's apathy. It seems like most of the people I talk to just don't care. I almost wish I could get someone to react with hostility so I can get everyone else's attention. I'll have to try the "Do you know anyone who has had... happen to them?" approach. Thanks for the advice Dannyboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyboy

Dan
                            After reading this I decided to try putting a poster in the entry of a store where I saw several other posters. Once the store manager had given her consent to putting it there I had the clerk put it right above a poster instructing men not to have sex with drunk women. I stood there for a moment looking at the two posters and I felt so much better.

Comment

I'm having interesting mixed reactions at work. Was working with one of the children's unit staff and DV came up as a topic and I pointed out the new home office stats on reciprocity. She hated it...because it couldn't be squared with her view of 'women as victims'. My parting shot was'do you really think all those kid you see have Dad who don't want to see them, I wonder how many have been forced out of their kids lives'
                              I'm having a discussion with my boss next week, our healthcare employer has approached me to go on the equality and diversity panel. I trust her enough to talk about the risk of collateral damage if I raised MRM as an equality issue. I want to do it, but I might need to play a long game here
                              Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.
                              George Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X