Infant Male Circumcision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infant Male Circumcision

Is it really ok to be genitally mutilating our little boys? Why is female mutilation banned and male mutilation still in practice?

http://www.intactamerica.org/

It's barbaric and has to stop.
    You must unlearn what you have learned.

RE: Infant Male Cirumcision

It MAY BE A good idea in 3rd would countries
    I keep on getting told that there are benefits to it.
    As for stopping it in the west hell yea
    Interested in men rights activism in the Sydney area ?
    Go to mensrightssydney.com

Comment

Imdefender - don't drink the kool-aid!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8bfpCADcA&feature=colike

http://youtu.be/acc70D2ApFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlsUg0sdAtE&feature=colike

Comment

RE: Infant Male Circumcision

Almost every excuse to mutilate the genitals of little boys is either as false as the excuses to do the same to little girls, and many times as intentionally misleading. There are no proven health benefits of any kind, and many drawbacks. PTSD, Higher chance of STDS, chance of infection during surgery, desensitization of the penis, just to name a few. It's barbaric and disgusting.
        My favorite MRA: Girl Writes What

Comment

Whether or not it has any prefentative health benefits is of no moral consequence.

Suppose, for the sake of argument, some research were published that showed that trimming off some amount of infant girls' labia would reduce their lifetime risk of Hepatitis by X%.

Would society make use of that knowledge, or shrug it off as irrelevant and wonder why the heck some sicko even investigated that link in the first place? Would we, even if we accepted that the labia-Hepatitis link were scientifically proven, shrug it off and say too bad that reality imposes this vulnerability on girls, but of course we have to find other ways of preventing disease rather than remove such fundamental parts of girls' anatomies?

It is only if you've made the a-priori moral judgement that foreskins are useless, dirty, unclean, and of no value, that the talking about the supposed health benefits of removing them even becomes a viable discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Imdefender
            It MAY BE A good idea in 3rd would countries
            I keep on getting told that there are benefits to it.
            As for stopping it in the west hell yea
            Defender, you are mistaking unproven benefits for actual purpose.

I myself am circumcised.

Can I say that being circumcised has affected my personal life and been disadvantageous to me? Not particularly.

However, the crux of the matter is this:

It was done without my consent, with no proven benefits aside from the fact that my penis is easier to clean when I shower.

Do I blame my parents? No, not in a society where genital mutilation against boys has become the norm.

Again, without my consent, I was put through something THAT painful barely out of the womb.

What does this say about feminism?

It says a hell of a lot in my personal opinion.
            If you\'re not allowed to talk about problems that your race or sex have, you\'re probably oppressed to some degree.

My privilege score: 135 :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Kyonko802
              It was done without my consent, with no proven benefits aside from the fact that my penis is easier to clean when I shower.
              Uncircumcised as I am, I have never found it to be particularly difficult to keep my penis clean.

Honest question though: Is the deadening of stimulation argument really valid? I've never noticed the foreskin actually provoking any direct sexual stimulation from being touched itself...it probably keeps the head from getting, uh, 'calloused' I suppose so technically it's more sensitive as a result, but does that really count?

Comment

If I recall, on AVfM radio news and activism there was a mention that circumcision will prevent masturbation. Masturbation is male sexual agency, and society can't have that... we must chase pussy at all times!

Comment

I forgot to ask that too! I always did wonder how circumcised men masturbated. 'Isn't it awfully painful without the foreskin?'

Comment

Any one who wants to read the 'why the science behind circumcision drive is wrong' I recommend reading the editorial in the South African Medical Journal
                    Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.
                    George Fox

Comment

Originally posted by James
                      Originally posted by Kyonko802
                      Uncircumcised as I am, I have never found it to be particularly difficult to keep my penis clean.

Honest question though: Is the deadening of stimulation argument really valid? I've never noticed the foreskin actually provoking any direct sexual stimulation from being touched itself...it probably keeps the head from getting, uh, 'calloused' I suppose so technically it's more sensitive as a result, but does that really count?
                      As far as I know, circumcision removes some of the most sensitive parts of the penis, and a vast majority of remaining parts of the circumcised penis are less sensitive than the same parts in the intact penis. So yeah, it does a lot of damage to sensitivity.

You can still masturbate when you're circumcised, but it's not as pleasant as when you're intact.

Really, "my body, my choice" should just be the argument to end all arguments in this debate. Unfortunately many ignorant parents don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Fidler
                        Really, "my body, my choice" should just be the argument to end all arguments in this debate.
                        Oh, absolutely. I just wanted to poke at some of the other occasional claims I've heard.

Comment

I'd say the whole cleaning thing is a non-issue.

All things considered, it's more trouble to keep my feet clean. My ten toes form eight crevices between them that I need to get to. And I need to bend over to reach them, unlike my dick which is conveniently at hand.

And what would we think of the argument that baby girls labias should be cut off, because it will be easier to wash that way when they grow up?

Comment

Originally posted by Steppenwulf
                            I'd say the whole cleaning thing is a non-issue.

All things considered, it's more trouble to keep my feet clean. My ten toes form eight crevices between them that I need to get to. And I need to bend over to reach them, unlike my dick which is conveniently at hand.

And what would we think of the argument that baby girls labias should be cut off, because it will be easier to wash that way when they grow up?
                            ikr. Not to mention that the foreskin naturally protects the head of the penis against infections, so it can be argued that it's actually much easier to care for an intact penis than a circumcised one.

Comment

I forgot to ask that too! I always did wonder how circumcised men masturbated. 'Isn't it awfully painful without the foreskin?'
                              Not at all. Spit and smack lol

Comment

Working...
                              X