Shit stirring 101

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit stirring 101

Just saw a post about next month being DV awareness month on a prayer group I belong to.
    Pointed out the plight of male victims and survivors.

<lights touchpaper, runs for cover>:angel:
    Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.
    George Fox

RE: Shit stirring 101

My reaction to such things is to refuse to get involved in any kind of feminist propaganda, and protest for them to talk about the full side of the story. If the worst comes to the worst, I leave the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerbu
      My reaction to such things is to refuse to get involved in any kind of feminist propaganda, and protest for them to talk about the full side of the story. If the worst comes to the worst, I leave the group.

I'm partially curious to see if I will leave or be kicked out. I've had positive PMs from men and women when I've raised similar issues in the past, but no one usually dares contradict feminists wading in to tell me I'm wrong. My polite "and your references" usually result in a banning!
      George Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee McGee

I'm partially curious to see if I will leave or be kicked out. I've had positive PMs from men and women when I've raised similar issues in the past, but no one usually dares contradict feminists wading in to tell me I'm wrong. My polite "and your references" usually result in a banning!
        How dare you demand facts! Facts are a patriarchal conspiracy!
        The ancient shitposter returns.

Comment

G'day Aimee,

Keep stirring mate.

I reckon you do that then the very issue of accountability becomes loudest when you are banned or they scuttle away. It's the same thing you see. They want very much to increase the distance between you and them. Answering your questions makes for accountability.

Distance gives them recluse and comfort because unaccountably with these 'misanders' is not a comfortable sensation.

So yeah, stir away please. Stir and stir "until the dying of the light."

Fuck 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MrScruffles

How dare you demand facts! Facts are a patriarchal conspiracy!
            This calls for the Ministry of Truth!

Comment

Interestingly first response is from someone who I thought would roast me alive (she's been open about a very violent ex hub) and she's posted that she has received fantastic mutual support from a male survivor of DV in her own recovery and hates that there are no services for men.
              George Fox

Comment

It's amazing just how often I receive unexpected responses when I shit-stir about feminism and MRA issues. Seems that many people are just waiting for someone else to speak up. That's why I have come to the conclusion that it may as well be me.

Stir away, Ms McGee. Don't let anyone intimidate you into silence, especially when you have so many worthwhile things to say.

Comment

G'day Andybob,

Bah !

You're just saying that because you mean it !

Comment

Interestingly first response is from someone who I thought would roast me alive (she's been open about a very violent ex hub) and she's posted that she has received fantastic mutual support from a male survivor of DV in her own recovery and hates that there are no services for men.
                    Really great as that to me is the goal here. If we can enlighten all people to these issues and get them to realize that these issues affect all people (including men) we have accomplished the first step. Next is to actually get government, media and the general populace to embrace these truths and put these truths into actions.
                    You must unlearn what you have learned.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised at her stance. I'm going to be interested if the thread drifts down due to lack of attention or others comment. The oddest thing is the thread initiator is a blue pill young guy studying social work, and he ended up in a really unsafe living situation recently where I ended up advising him on how to extract himself safely (via email not within the group) yet he doesn't seem to have twigged he was experiencing DV. I know he is Bi, I don't know what gender his violent partner is but I will guess female.
                      George Fox

Comment

Working...
                      X