Remember When Stocks Only Went Up ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember When Stocks Only Went Up ?

Long ago in a distant galaxy called “2017,” stock prices rose every day. And the people were happy. With paper profits in hand they maxed out their credit cards and bank lines to buy flat-screen TVs and cars and cover their student loans. ...

https://dollarcollapse.com/stock-pri...tocks-went-up/
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Good thing I went all in on BitCoin at $18K US.
    Last edited by Mifune; 02-10-2018, 08:13 PM.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

bitcoin caped though ;[ 18k was the wrong time me thinks

i lost 3k in the last 3 weeks. on one 25k investment.. fucking shit investments suck.
      Originally posted by MatrixTransform
      where were you before you put yourself last?
      Originally posted by TheNarrator
      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
        bitcoin caped though ;[ 18k was the wrong time me thinks

i lost 3k in the last 3 weeks. on one 25k investment.. fucking shit investments suck.
        Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Was that bitcoin? I'm old, I'm investing only in shit that pays me rent.
        Stay single and prosper!

Comment

nah it was the wifes pension plan i had it in a fund and it just dropped.. the fund made us like 10k so cant argue it. but i switched it yesterday. i'll move it back once it stabilizes.. (probably today since i kept thinking "do i want it out" lol but its the kind of fund that goes +1000 -1000 +500-500 then +1000+500 so its so random.. but i never seen it lost that much. i moved it out. probably will lose the money now lol i bet its on the + now.

i had a bad feeling 2 weeks ago..told the girlfriend to move it..she didnt..so i just moved it yesterday.. we'll see.
          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

(to be fair even with that 3k drop we're at 16% gain over 1 last 12 month. lol it WAS at 24% but now dropped 8% or close to that

Comment

as long as you only invest in blue chip like Kodak and sears you cant go wrong
              A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

Originally posted by menrppl2 View Post
                as long as you only invest in blue chip like Kodak and sears you cant go wrong
                You do know that Sears went out of business in Canada, right? There's no such thing as a "can't go wrong" stock. As far as "the time when stocks only went up", there's no such time in human history. While the market as a whole may have been going up constantly, on a stock by stock basis there's always a whole crapload of them that also went down.
                When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

Got debt?

...awesome, yr the 21st century crop
                  "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                  "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh67 View Post
                    You do know that Sears went out of business in Canada, right?
                    reckon he was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
                      Long ago in a distant galaxy called “2017,” stock prices rose every day. And the people were happy. With paper profits in hand they maxed out their credit cards and bank lines to buy flat-screen TVs and cars and cover their student loans. ...

https://dollarcollapse.com/stock-pri...tocks-went-up/
                      You can find clips of some of these people in 1980 saying that a dollar collapse was imminent. The elites and the central bankers don't care if currency drops as long as it does so in a slow and orderly fashion. No effort will be spared to continue the status quo! If these dollar Bears turn out to be at least partially right, people will be shocked at what our rulers will do to defend the status quo. They will break whatever rules they have to break and do whatever needs to be done to defend the status quo.

If stocks really start to crash, I really don't see why investors will not sell their stocks and buy bonds as they have done every time we have had a crash in stocks.
                      White privilege is just like 'the patriarchy' for minorities!
                      Womyn, to take the man out of woman, too stupid to know Y it's a bad idea

Comment

Ho Hum, Trillion Dollar Deficit

Comment

They are trying to avoid deflation and they also need at least nominal growth of GDP. Since government spending is part of GDP, they are able to do this. I don't think the government has collected more money in taxes than they spent since the early 60s. The "surplus" of the Clinton era was an accounting thing. Government debt increased every single month of the Clinton presidency.

There is no way to stop it at this point. The only way it will stop is not if the government stops borrowing, but if the lenders stop lending.

Comment

deflation my arse.
                            Where I am in the world house prices have doubled in less than 7 years implying a rate of around 11%
                            Interestingly existing housing isnt counted in either inflation figures nor GDP calcs
                            hows the wage rises going? ...oh, there weren't any? damn.

meddling Keynsians insanely inflated all asset prices and have gutted the middle class.
                            I been saying for 30 years that before the end, they'll have stolen yr superannuation.
                            How prescient of me heh?
                            And Im still alive to see it.
                            With any luck I'll see the collapse as well.
                            Last edited by MatrixTransform; 02-17-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
                              deflation my arse.
                              Where I am in the world house prices have doubled in less than 7 years implying a rate of around 11%
                              Interestingly existing housing isnt counted in either inflation figures nor GDP calcs
                              hows the wage rises going? ...oh, there weren't any? damn.

meddling Keynsians insanely inflated all asset prices and have gutted the middle class.
                              I been saying for 30 years that before the end, they'll have stolen yr superannuation.
                              How prescient of me heh?
                              And Im still alive to see it.
                              With any luck I'll see the collapse as well.
                              I agree with you mostly, except that they are trying to avoid deflation in the form of debt destruction. One of the effects of not including housing in inflation numbers is to have a smaller deflator and thus getting nominal GDP growth.

Inflation is how we meet our obligations. It's how the debt is "repaid" (for lack of a better term), how SS will be maintained, how pensions can pay out etc. This way, most people get mad at "speculators" and "greed" and so on.

You probably won't live to see it collapse (and you should be VERY grateful if you don't). Then again maybe you will. It took Rome hundreds of years to fall. There is an incredible amount of inertia propping this system up worldwide. Again, if there was some type of catastrophic collapse, people are going to be shocked at what will be done to preserve the status quo. As bad as that would be, I kind of agree with it. Our founders well understood the dangers of the revolution and that almost all revolutions turn out to worse than what came before. If gov checks don't go out, people are not going to lay down and die. Almost every city in America has a large population that relies on government handouts to live and they are generally in the same place. It will not be pleasant watching multiple US cities burn. Anything that could be described as a collapse in America will spread all over the world. It is almost definitional.

One thing Rome didn't have was our level of efficiency. With that efficiency comes vulnerability. We are vulnerable in ways the Romans were not. Our cities could be completely barren of food in 3 days. If waste collection stopped, that would be really bad (especially in the summer). A regional blackout could be catastrophic. Still, I think our government has contingency plans and a willingness to do things that are unthinkable under normal circumstance because the other options are just so much worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X