No announcement yet.

The left's love affair with Islam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many ideas and ideologies out there.

The central one being that everyone can espouse whatever they like.

That goes for Islam, Feminism or anti-gay stuff in Leviticus.

I think we're all just worn out from political fanaticism.

The constant idea that there is some looming threat.

I'm struggling to give a shit.

Just shut up and leave each other alone.

No one's asking anyone to "endorse Islam."

It doesn't want or need your endorsement.

If you go around demonizing ppl, you're going to get what's coming to you.

And not even a whiff of symparthy from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica
      I'm not the one "demonizing" people and I'm not asking for your symparthy.
      I was referring to Tommy Robinson, not you.

It's terrible that you have to put up with all of that bullshit, I wish people were nicer to each other and more tolerant.

That goes for Muzzies, Trannies or anything else.

You don't have to be their asshole buddy, you just have to not throw bacon sandwiches or hurl abuse at them from the sidewalk.

Do you honestly not see the parallels of this dickish bullying?

"The left" also does this on Twitter, Youtube, etc etc, they bully anyone that's not in their click, mass report them, etc etc.

I'm so done with it and I won't participate in it or even stand for it.

Not from Tommy, not from guys on the sidewalk, nor from the herd on Twitter, they can all eat my ass.

I have no sympathy for English Nationalist bullies, and I hope your abuser also gets caught and does a couple days in the slammer.

Originally posted by Angelica
      ultimately... if I can't feel safe in my own home with protection from the law, I will defend myself without the law and I recommend that Americans don't surrender their guns to hollow promises, cuz I would carry one if I were legally allowed to.
      https://www.bitchute.com/embed/RJIFETw56xQg/

p.s. meh - sorry can't work out how to embed a bitchute vid.
      Anyway... the reason I think men's rights is failing ... is because men don't believe in themselves.
      "Feeling" safe is not a wholly external condition, some of it has to do with perception.

Some woman can "not feel safe" with me walking towards her, that has nothing to do with something I did.

I could be a totally nice person, but she sees a big scary looking dude.

And if she were to hang around Feminist sites, she might be convinced that we're all monsters and this and that.

And some men also can "not feel safe" being in a room alone with a woman, she might accuse you of xyz.

"Western Culture" at the moment is a bit of a shitshow.

I hardly believe anything I read these days and there's so much of it.

All I know is that if you need a gun to visit the grocery store, then your country is already fucked.

I wouldn't say men's rights is "failing."

I would say "movements" are inherently female.

Most men are like, "This is what I produce, if you're nice to me I'll let you have some."

And if society is not nice then they just refuse to contribute and refuse to participate.

And then it's up to women, politicians and "gentle" people to argue amongst themselves.

A man can live on little resources happy as a clam.

It's women who need big homes and tons of resources.

If enough men turn their backs on society, it starts looking like those "survivor" shows where they put a bunch of women on an island and all they do is argue with each other and get lost, and at the end of the day they're cold, hungry and miserable.

The only "movement" I have is a bowel movement.

Let women work triple shits until their asshole bleeds.

Not my circus not my monkies.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post

Their dominant tenet is that male people must conform to male gender roles (or be thrown off roof tops I gather).
        Not necessarily Angelica. Iran gave transgender people their rights in the early 80s after the Islamic revolution. In Iran Transgender people have more rights than they do here in the UK.

Islam is made up of over 60 sects. Each and every one is a religion in and of itself completely different from that of the others. It is a religion made up of many contrasting sects that are extremely hard to place under one umbrella. Most of what people in this part of the world think about islam is very far from its truth. The issue of Islam, much like the issue of gender politics is steeped in BS....you have to sieve through so much of it to get to the truth.
        Last edited by Equity; 06-17-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Equity View Post

Not necessarily Angelica. Iran gave transgender people their rights in the early 80s after the Islamic revolution. In Iran Transgender people have more rights than they do here in the UK.

Islam is made up of over 60 sects. Each and every one is a religion in and of itself completely different from that of the others. It is a religion made up of many contrasting sects that are extremely hard to place under one umbrella. Most of what people in this part of the world think about islam is very far from its truth. The issue of Islam, much like the issue of gender politics is steeped in BS....you have to sieve through so much of it to get to the truth.
          If I understand Iran correctly, trangendering is the only option for gay people in Iran. If they find you to be homosexual, you are offered the opportunity to transgender. Failure to do so is punished harshly. I belief it is death.

I think I need to read the Quran. I have no reason to believe anything anyone has ever said about it. I know I don't agree with most of the mainstream implementations of Islam, but I can say the same about Christianity as well. I think it is time to read it for myself. I've had a copy of it for a couple of decades. I found it a bit impenetrable back then. We will see if it makes any more sense this time around.
          I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by pbisque View Post

I think I need to read the Quran. I have no reason to believe anything anyone has ever said about it. I know I don't agree with most of the mainstream implementations of Islam, but I can say the same about Christianity as well. I think it is time to read it for myself. I've had a copy of it for a couple of decades. I found it a bit impenetrable back then. We will see if it makes any more sense this time around.
            Islam is a religion that derives it’s principles from two things...the Quran and the Narrations of the Islamic prophet as they were narrated not by him but by his companions. There are hundreds of thousands of narrations and Each sect has its own narrations and trusted narrators. It’s this that leads to the great differences between the sects....the differences in narrations and trusted narrators. These narrations form the basis of Islamic law for each sect ...each sect also has varying interpretations of their own set of narrations. This leads to further variation within each sect. So khumeini for example thought through his interpretations of the narrations that transexuality is permissible. Other scholars within Iran within the same sect as khumeini thought it was wrong. Others still teach their followers that it’s an abomination worthy of death. Islam is very complicated. Attempting to understand it by reading the Quran is a lot like attempting to understand nuclear physics by reading Steven hawking’s biography.
            Last edited by Equity; 06-21-2018, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
              Oh, where is my " Don't you know it's gonna be alt-right " T-shirt?

M

Comment

I think Iran had the benefit of an era of secular enlightenment under the shah of Persia and so when Islam took over it was seen as a way to accommodate homosexuality without murdering them.
                Meanwhile if I should wish to travel I have to be careful not to transit certain countries.

You've mentioned a number of interesting facts about Islam and I admit to being very ignorant of their faith.
                The reason I remain ignorant is that while I do emphatically support people's right to religious freedom I personally think it's all superstitious nonsense and so I allow them to remain in their ignorance too.
                Religious freedom ends when anyone one start imposing beliefs on others, so we must retain the right to remain critical of those beliefs and state and Church must remain separate.

Islam does however appear however to embody the epitome of "patriarchy" in denying women equal opportunities, but equally imposing unequal responsibilities on men and it seems to me that some feminists welcome it merely so that they can continue damseling for victim status.
                Last edited by Angelica; 06-29-2018, 05:41 PM.
                ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
                (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

Islam is a religion that derives it’s principles from two things...the Quran and the Narrations of the Islamic prophet as they were narrated not by him but by his companions. There are hundreds of thousands of narrations and Each sect has its own narrations and trusted narrators. It’s this that leads to the great differences between the sects....the differences in narrations and trusted narrators. These narrations form the basis of Islamic law for each sect ...each sect also has varying interpretations of their own set of narrations. This leads to further variation within each sect. So khumeini for example thought through his interpretations of the narrations that transexuality is permissible. Other scholars within Iran within the same sect as khumeini thought it was wrong. Others still teach their followers that it’s an abomination worthy of death. Islam is very complicated. Attempting to understand it by reading the Quran is a lot like attempting to understand nuclear physics by reading Steven hawking’s biography.
                  If you are talking about political Islaam, then I agree with your assessment. The same problem with doctrinal interpretations can be applied to every religion however. I find Paramhansa Yogananda and his Self Realization Fellowship to be an excellent case study. That man was still alive in my lifetime. His "followers" fragmented into at least three groups after his death, all of whom claim to be the true holders of the lineage. Obviously the strongest of them hold the legal rights to his estate. Other groups are made up of close followers that claim they were forced out through political machinations. The main group got the material, and they got the spiritual, or so they would claim. It has been very interesting to me watching a "prophets" teachings fragment in real time.

The point is, while it is interesting, I have no interest in the politics of the religion. I want to see what the supposed word of God is as defined in Islam. For that, I need no other book that the Quaran. In fact, the other writings, IMHO, serve to do nothing but confuse things. As I said earlier, the fragmentation has happened to all religions after the prophet finally dies. It would seem it is nearly instantaneous.
                  I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
                    The recent arrest of Tommy Robinson raises questions about why the authorities all over Europe seem so keen to import misogynist ideologies like Islam and pretend that the rise of ethnic "child grooming" gangs aren't a consequence of their policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRt-iFANWKg

I believe it is because female politicians derive power from female oppression and male sexual violence.
                    Does anyone else think there is a connection between feminism and the influx of muslims in Europe?
                    Muslims in the West are generally "Brown" and therefore good. It really is that simple.

There are a lot of things what we usually call the Left do that make no sense given their professed beliefs. You will rack your brain trying to figure out why they do some of the shit they do given their expressed beliefs. But once you can accept that what we call the left is actually just an identity politics coalition united in hatred of whites (and especially white men) and their supposed victimhood by said whites, everything they do makes sense. You can even predict how they will react to things based on accepting this.

Even things like patriarchy are really just another way of saying white Christian civilization or norms. If some other group is running the same way, they will usually blame white people by referencing colonialism (putting aside the fact that America, their chief target was never really a colonial power) or neocolonialism.

Actually accepting this is difficult. But let reason be silent when experience has shown reason to be wrong. It's not like they make a big secret of it. It is not an accident that white males can be heard on college campuses starting sentences with phrases like 'I know I am a privileged white male, but.....'

The POC (and depending on context, white women) victimization narrative is just as important. Oppression narratives need victims along with oppressors.

White privilege is just like 'the patriarchy' for minorities!
                    Womyn, to take the man out of woman, too stupid to know Y it's a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by pbisque View Post
                      I want to see what the supposed word of God is as defined in Islam. For that, I need no other book that the Quaran. In fact, the other writings, IMHO, serve to do nothing but confuse things. As I said earlier, the fragmentation has happened to all religions after the prophet finally dies. It would seem it is nearly instantaneous.
                      There is a slight problem here pb. Muslims believe that everything that the prophet said was the word of god. It is these sayings as they were narrated by his companions and the Quran that together form the words of god in Islam. Additionally, the Quran and the narrations are IMPOSSIBLE to understand by a lay person. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Each sect interprets the words of god (the Quran and the narrations) differently. Its impossible to understand these sects and why they behave the way they do without understanding their interpretations. The way they go about interpreting the narrations is a science in and of itself. This science is divided into many different specialities; They have names for these sciences and specialities...The Science of Interpretation (Ilm el-Tefseer). The Science of the Narrators (Ilm El-Rejal)...etc. These sciences are very complex and they take decades to master and without mastering them one cannot effectively understand the Quran or the narrations. This is why in the Islamic world people rely on scholars (experts in the aforementioned sciences) to understand their religion and their obligations to it. Many people in the west make the mistake of treating Islam as they would Christianity. In Christianity the word of god is the holy book, the bible. This is not the case in Islam. Islam is very different. In Islam both the narrations and the quran are considered the word of god...Islam is incomplete without the narrations. Furthermore, its interpretation of the words of god are far more complex than Christianity. Simply picking up the Quran and reading it is not like picking up the bible and reading it. Reading the bible might help you form a good understanding of Christianity. In Islam without a good grasp of the sciences necessary to interpret and understand the Quran and without the narrations and a good grasp of the sciences necessary to interpret them reading the Quran will get you nowhere.
                      Last edited by Equity; 07-13-2018, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X