The Syrian Conflict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Syrian Conflict

After 7 years of war Bashar Al-Aassad is now on the brink of victory. Between 150, 000 and 500, 000 deaths (estimations). 92% of the victims men. 8% women and children.

How do you feel about this conflict?
    Last edited by Equity; 07-09-2018, 10:53 PM.

Bit of trivia that you might find interesting.

Iraq has a population slightly larger than that of Syria.
    During the 90s it was ruled by Saddam Hussein's Baath Party.
    Syria's ruling party and current president is also Baathist.
    Baathism is a secular, anti-islamic, right-wing Arab nationalist political ideology established in the 40s by a Christian Arab nationalist named Michel Afleq. Its aims are to unite the Arabs under one rule.
    In 1991 Iraq had a similar popular uprising to that of Syria against Saddam's Regime. It lasted 2 weeks, cost 500, 000 Iraqi lives and similar to Syria it failed to overthrow the government.
    The Syrian Baath party and the Iraqi Baath party were at odds with each other. Syria was very liberal and technocratic. Iraq's ruling party was a far right wing adhocracy.
    The moderate and professional nature of the ruling party in Syria has played a huge role in keeping the number of victims in the Syrian uprising low as compared to previous uprisings in the middle-east
    Bashaar Al-Assad is an ophthalmologist (An eye Surgeon). He used to work as a surgeon in the UK before he became president.
    Bashar was not destined to become president. He took on the role of his older brother Bassal Al-Assad who died in a road traffic accident in 1994.
    The Syrian government had very close ties with Britain and the US before the conflict and poor relations with its neighbours Turkey and Jordan as well as the Gulf states and Egypt the chief backers of the armed groups in Syria.
    The resistance in Syria is lead by many groups. These are mainly ISIS and Alqaeda affiliated groups as well as a small minority made up of the Free Syrian Army (a cluster of groups that follow the Muslim Brotherhood, an islamic group that wants to establish an islamic state in Syria and the rest of the middle-east).
    For the first 5 years of the conflict ISIS, Alqaeda and the FSA fought side by side against the Syrian government. All groups received funding, training and weapons from the US, France, Britain, the Gulf states, Jordan and Turkey.
    Bashar has restored control over the majority of Syria with the help of Russia, Iran and Hezzbollah, a Lebanese Shia resistance group.
    Last edited by Equity; 07-09-2018, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Syria is a proxy war between the US and USSR.

What I or anyone else "thinks" about it is pure faggotry operating under the false pretense that we live under a real democracy or that NATO regimes give two shits about "Freedumb."

Islamism can only operate in failed states ; all the Arab countries live under autocratic rulers who crush "non-approved" Islamist ideologies like Al-Qaeda.

The US uses "terrorism" as a false pretense to expand its influence and control into the Asiatic heartland, corner more of the oil market and solidify "Plata o Plomo" foreign policy on smaller, weaker countries.

Trump is the last gasp of a dying American Empire before it fades into multicultural obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
        Syria is a proxy war between the US and USSR.
        I agree. It is a proxy war between Russia and its ally in the region Iran and the West and their allies in the region Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the Gulf states. It has little if anything to do with the people of that country. It is not a popular uprising but rather a continuation of the Bush, regime change campaign in the middle-east but its been thwarted this time by Russia and Iran.

What I or anyone else "thinks" about it is pure faggotry operating under the false pretense that we live under a real democracy or that NATO regimes give two shits about "Freedumb."
        Again, I agree. We do not really have a choice. We do not live in free countries. I think we as mens rights activists and anti-feminists know this very well. We experience it every day of our life. Our countries claim to be free and democratic but their reality is very far from this. Their reality is draconian and authoritarian and abusive. If people do not conform with the institutionalised ideologies that run this part of the world they risk being censored, suppressed and having their lives destroyed. Just ask David Kelly and Gareth Williams...they'll tell you...but this is not to say that our opinions are not important or that they do not matter. They do. Voicing our opinions has the potential to make change.

Islamism can only operate in failed states ; all the Arab countries live under autocratic rulers who crush "non-approved" Islamist ideologies like Al-Qaeda.
        I am not sure I agree with you here dubs. Islamism has been extremely successful in Iran, a country that has been under the most crippling sanctions for 30 years now yet is still the 16th largest economy in the world with literally no debt whatsoever. I think their debt stands at 7 billion dollars, which is 0.06% their annual GDP, which stands at around 1.7 trillion dollars. Their economy is nearly totally independent of foreign imports....They manufacture their own cars, their own planes, their own military equipment from fighter jets down to bullets...All this despite the sanctions and the 8 year war waged against them by Saddam throughout the 80s...Islam comes in many forms. In most countries where it has taken the reigns of power and control it has been an unmitigated disaster. I don't know though how much this is down to external pressures, sanctions and wars or problems with islamic politics but it has been shown to be successful in countries like Iran.

The US uses "terrorism" as a false pretense to expand its influence and control into the Asiatic heartland, corner more of the oil market and solidify "Plata o Plomo" foreign policy on smaller, weaker countries.
        Yes, indeed it does. Terrorism, sadly is part and parcel of the foreign policy of the US. It not only uses it as a pretence but it also creates and supports terrorist organisations, which it uses to put pressure on other countries, change their regimes and protect its foreign interests.
        Last edited by Equity; 07-14-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X