Has MGTOW become a cult?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has MGTOW become a cult?

There is a current discussion initiated by Rocking MrE talking about what MGTOW has become. Turd Flinging Monkey and Bernard Chapin has weighed in. What are your thoughts?
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

the majority of men aren't mgtow or mra...........they are just marriage shy, protecting themselves, ghosting, expating, guys who find the govt untrustworthy, unjust and greedy, as well as women spoiled entitiled and priviledged

youtubers and onliners are a few of millions and millions of men that would find them irrelevant

far more men are single and living there lives for themselves, than in my fathers day, ,,,,,,,,,,that's the real mens movement.
    Last edited by menrppl2; 07-20-2018, 01:04 PM.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
      There is a current discussion initiated by Rocking MrE talking about what MGTOW has become. Turd Flinging Monkey and Bernard Chapin has weighed in. What are your thoughts?
      Cult might be a bit too strong a word, but a lot of these guys are off their rockers.

When I first heard of MGTOW, I misunderstood it. I thought it meant men who were doing what they wanted to do on their own terms and by their own standards. I admired that concept.
      But it was never really that. I really think it has become infested with deeply troubled men who are blaming their problems or even their lack of ambition on women. Thinking this way brings out the worst in people. It is hard to find a person who will behave worse than when they think they have been or are being victimized. Righteous victims are dangerous.
      White privilege is just like 'the patriarchy' for minorities!
      Womyn, to take the man out of woman, too stupid to know Y it's a bad idea

Comment

OK me being MGTOW, I htink I should kinda participate on this debate...

but then again... this video is over 40 minutes... I don't know why this guy thinks it is reasonable to listen to him whining for so long, can't he just get his point across in 10 mintes and in a more entertaining way?

Anyway I am pausing here at minute 12 to type down this notes, so I don't forget what I got so far:

- If MGTOW is a cult... the Turd Frying Monkey is not the leader.

- Nobody cares how you pronounce MGTOW.

- More than 40 minutes to talk about a topic that you don't care and don't really want to talk about???? OK...

- There is not enough white MGTOW? The end of western civilization...

- MGTOW don't hate muslims??? have you read Sharia Law, it honestly looks like an upgrade from this feminist BS.... GIve me a reason why I should hate muslims.

Now I continue with the video while playing video games at the same time, If i feel like so, will add some extra comments:

- Some stuff about lefties infiltrating something... MGTOW is not leftie, but it is not from the right neither...

- The goal of MGTOW is not to gain power, LOL

- MGTOW is not backwards feminism.

- LOL... closed comments and ratings??? and have the face to say that after accusing MGTOW of being too feminist, go ahead and handled your chanel like if it was Feminist Frequency...

- There is some weird commentary about one of his friends, and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion... Maybe I am starting to understand why he have so much problems with the participation of no-whites on MGTOW... i don't know... weird stuff.

- Egoism is part of the left???? everything the left does is promote collectivism.

- Something something is luciferian... and what is the problem with that? Lucifer is a cool guy...

- "We do have to sacrifice..." NO, I am tired of being the sacrificial paganini... I am done with that.

- Guy talking positive about the protocols of the elders of zion???? and right after that he says he have integrity... the mind boggling.

- Go on to read some letter of a woman that is asking for... advice??? no surprise this video is over 40 minutes long... is there a letter of the guy giving his side of the story??? Of course not... But somehow I can figure it out... read that letter again until it clicks into you what his side of the story can be.

- Give advice? no really, just trash the man calling him silly names like "manchild"...

- End the video saying that he is not interested on different opinions or on a debate or nothing... he just want to post his video and people to shut up...

So at this point... Grumpy Old man... just one question for you... Why?

Time to play some music, my performance on videogames is better when i listen some good music instead of 40 minutes of a mangina whining about all sorts of crazy stuff.

Comment

ya mgtow isnt online or youtube.........its your buddy that decided he values himself, and women/relationships aren't worth it.

that's a long way from a cult
          A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

"Rocking Mr. E" is not someone whose opinions I respect
            I don't think MGTOW is trying to oppose feminism or gain power.
            It's about male people gaining independence from the traditional responsibility for women's welfare.
            edit: Paul explains MGTOW the way I see it, male defending themselves from hypergamy.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJ3eWoigG0
            Last edited by Angelica; 07-22-2018, 04:48 PM.
            ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
            (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
              It's about male people gaining independence from the traditional responsibility for women's welfare.
              edit: Paul explains MGTOW the way I see it, male defending themselves from hypergamy.
              I think RME is more referring to PGTOW.
              ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
              virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
              AVFM Mission Statement
              sigpic

Comment

yes... that's exactly it. I think it's important to recognize that the interplay between men and women is a product of evolution, that men chasing women and women tending to hypergamy are both human instincts that serve a purpose. Woman hating PGTOW are the male equivalent of man hating feminists and not what MGTOW is actually about.

Comment

WOW...

I personally have never being a fan of Paul, for his soft take on the problem.

But on this video, he is pretty much impeccable... there is nothing I can really contradict about it...

His last line was a bit weak, of course, he does not think MGTOW is a viable solution, but also he says he understands the guys that go that way...

I also found interesting his background choice... Not that I am complaining, on the contrary... it is just something I don't think fits his personality that much... Does he ever get drunk? Probably some PR decision to make his image more appealing to the youngsters?

Comment

What is PGTOW
                    White privilege is just like 'the patriarchy' for minorities!
                    Womyn, to take the man out of woman, too stupid to know Y it's a bad idea

Comment

pigs going tow

Comment

Originally posted by christo930 View Post

What is PGTOW
                        IDK the origin of the word, but think it refers to those angry men who have decided that all women are innately self serving and deceitful.
                        PGTOW spend a lot of time spewing hateful bile directed at female people in general. In this they are just like toxic feminists, but of the opposite sex.

Now from my perspective there are indeed certain traits innate to women but those were, in evolutionary terms, essential for the survival of the woman's genes.
                        There are equally certain traits in men that aided his genetic survival and equally should not be used to vilify male people.

The difference between MGTOW and PGTOW is that the MGTOW eventually comes to understand the nature of gendered behavior. He then simply takes precautions to not fall foul of it... there are plenty of reasons to respect femininity for it's innate values. The PGTOW OTOH becomes a vengeful and frustrated INCEL: the epitome of misogyny and thus he damages the public perception of MGTOWism.

Paul did a Video on the difference here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWqA1d9rXP0

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
                          I also found interesting his background choice... Not that I am complaining, on the contrary... it is just something I don't think fits his personality that much... Does he ever get drunk? Probably some PR decision to make his image more appealing to the youngsters?
                          I think Paul is awesome. I just hope that he got sponsorship from some of those brew manufacturers... I realized I went out and bought a 6 pack of Guinness after watching it... I suspect that was subliminal. Another thing is that many men actually do go down the pub to talk about men's interests with their mates, be it fishing, football or relationship problems. Hopefully most learn to avoid getting drunk.

Comment

IDK the origin of the word, but think it refers to those angry men who have decided that all women are innately self serving and deceitful.
                            PGTOW spend a lot of time spewing hateful bile directed at female people in general. In this they are just like toxic feminists, but of the opposite sex.

Now from my perspective there are indeed certain traits innate to women but those were, in evolutionary terms, essential for the survival of the woman's genes.
                            There are equally certain traits in men that aided his genetic survival and equally should not be used to vilify male people.

The difference between MGTOW and PGTOW is that the MGTOW eventually comes to understand the nature of gendered behavior. He then simply takes precautions to not fall foul of it... there are plenty of reasons to respect femininity for it's innate values. The PGTOW OTOH becomes a vengeful and frustrated INCEL: the epitome of misogyny and thus he damages the public perception of MGTOWism.

Paul did a Video on the difference here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWqA1d9rXP0
                            Ok, I didn't watch this full video... very misguided stuff...

Paul definitely does not understand MGTOW.

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post

Ok, I didn't watch this full video... very misguided stuff...

Paul definitely does not understand MGTOW.
                              I don't think it was one of his better videos, especially because a search soon reveals that PGTOW just stands for "people going their own way" and that more or less just means people who don't give a f#ck about what others think or say and that's not always a good thing. I think the group of people concerned are what we call INCEL and they do tarnish the image of MGTOW.

Comment

Working...
                              X