Molyneux and Rollo discuss hypergamy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molyneux and Rollo discuss hypergamy

"...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

So this finally got published. It took a while. I wonder why. I haven't listened to it yet. I have deep respect for Rollo's early work. Lately however he seems to be putting ever finer nuance on everything to the point that it has become meaningless to me. To some degree, I think all that needs to be said has already been said.

It will be interesting to see if I can sit through the entire thing. I like long form discussion for deep topics, but I'm also growing tired of beating dead horses.

Mifune, did you have an opinion on this vid?
    I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

After watching it, I think it is a great vid. Really good summary of the topic for anyone new to it.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by pbisque View Post
        So this finally got published. It took a while. I wonder why. I haven't listened to it yet. I have deep respect for Rollo's early work. Lately however he seems to be putting ever finer nuance on everything to the point that it has become meaningless to me. To some degree, I think all that needs to be said has already been said.
        I think this happens a lot as you get a certain depth of exposure to a subject. I find with anything that I know well or have a lot of exposure to, I end up reading a whole book or watching an entire video to get one little new thing or new way of thinking about an old thing.

Mifune, did you have an opinion on this vid?
        I hadn't watched it when I posted it. I posted it and then watched. I'm pretty much in agreement with you. A decent introduction. Rollo is not at all what I expected in terms of voice or appearance.

I don't think hypergamy is always about trading up. I think many times it's about trading for whatever it is she thinks she deserves but doesn't have. I hate it when the topic is covered like there's a magic playbook men can follow to not get screwed over. Usually that goes along with blaming the man like if he'd just "gamed her enough" or "been alpha enough" she'd have never left. Alphas get left too, and it's not always for someone better. It's often for someone who has the one thing she feels like she's missing in her current relationship even though the guy has only that one thing and not the things she's currently getting.
        "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
        "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

It's a decent summary of the phenomenon of hypergamy, but I'm wondering if men still need to care about having long term relationships
          ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
          (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

For a man's own sake? No. Aside from a bit of a tax break, if married, LTR's offer nothing to men anymore. There's nothing to gain and potentially everything to lose.

Comment

The only thing marriage gives you that you might not have otherwise is legal rights (and responsibilities) for any kids that might result from the relationship. If you have no plans of having kids then there is absolutely no reason to get married. If you do desire kids, then jurisdiction is everything.

Comment

The only thing marriage gives you that you might not have otherwise is legal rights (and responsibilities) for any kids that might result from the relationship. If you have no plans of having kids then there is absolutely no reason to get married. If you do desire kids, then jurisdiction is everything.
                A male person is not allowed to establish paternity, he will have no say in whether his children are aborted, or allowed to live.
                He will be died any input to their education that isn't aligned with the birthing parent's directives.
                He will have no say in how his kids are raised.
                He will be forced to pay and pay, not just for the child(ren) but also for their mother(s) every whim.
                Then by the time the kids have grown up they will have learned to despise this figure of ridicule.
                They will have acquired all their mother's skills at holding him to ransom and manipulating the system to screw him over for more.

"Jurisdiction" is a myth.
                Think again!

Comment

Just be good at making money.

As long as you can finance a few ex's.

You'll have kids and ex-wives and maybe a girlfriend in your old age.

That's pretty much how all the "successful" men in society do it.

They just work non-stop to pay vagimony.

Is it a life? Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
                    Just be good at making money.

As long as you can finance a few ex's.

You'll have kids and ex-wives and maybe a girlfriend in your old age.

That's pretty much how all the "successful" men in society do it.

They just work non-stop to pay vagimony.

Is it a life? Not really.
                    You know... the novelty of having a "girl friend" wears rather thin after the first few decades.
                    ... as for sex... it's overrated IMHO.
                    U are just there to please her on demand!
                    ... and woe betide U, should U fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
                      You know... the novelty of having a "girl friend" wears rather thin after the first few decades.
                      ... as for sex... it's overrated IMHO.
                      U are just there to please her on demand!
                      ... and woe betide U, should U fail!
                      All that crap is overrated.

It's all about companionship.

And someone to hold your hand when you die.

That's really all anybody's wants in the end, a few laughs and someone to hold you when you're scared and alone.

Well since feminism and no-fault divorce, I guess everybody dies alone now.

Comment

totally agree!
                        I can have friends that I share my interests with rather than "partners" that I share my money with.

Comment

And someone to hold your hand when you die.

That's really all anybody's wants in the end, a few laughs and someone to hold you when you're scared and alone.

Well since feminism and no-fault divorce, I guess everybody dies alone now.
                          Somehow feminism convinced women that not only is there "more" to be found that someone who'll be honest with you and stick by your side when you're scared and alone. But they've managed to convince women that they universally deserve this phantom "more" that none of them can even really describe.

It's really settle now or settle later, but somehow hypergamy has convinced women that all the whoring around is worth it and that when they grab onto whatever they can before they get too old, somehow settling's a victory never mind the 10+ years of building a life together you miss out on by waiting.

I forget where I read it but someone wrote "Settling down is settling for amirite".

Comment

Life wouldn't be much fun without companionship, but I won't stand for somebody using that to coerce me. There's also the fact that they couldn't care less about whether I die alone, but just that I support their pretty picture.

Comment

Working...
                            X