Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girl Scouts Suing Boy Scouts (Scouts BSA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Scouts Suing Boy Scouts (Scouts BSA)

See what happens when you try to appease feminists?

It's the generic use of "Scouts," without a gender marker, that the Girl Scouts object to.

"Such misconduct will not only cause confusion among the public, damage the goodwill of GSUSA's GIRL SCOUTS trademarks, and erode its core brand identity, but it will also marginalize the GIRL SCOUTS Movement by causing the public to believe that GSUSA's extraordinarily successful services are not true or official 'Scouting' programs, but niche services with limited utility and appeal," the complaint reads.

The Girl Scouts accuse the Boy Scouts of using misleading advertising that might cause families to believe the two organizations have merged and are now one and the same. For example, it says materials disseminated by the Boy Scouts feature a quote from the founder of the Girl Scouts.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/07/66530...uts-of-america
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

I don't think they did it to appease feminists, I think scouting membership is down and the boy scouts wanted to poach customers from the girl scouts.

When I was young, my parents enrolled me in the ACA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Cadet_Alliance

Comment

Such a fascinating development of the events...

I have to figure out the logic behind this...

I get the part about the boy scouts will pull member out from the girl scouts... by accepting girls now...

But... would not be the natural thing to fight back... by... accepting boys in the girl scouts?

But then again why a female only organization should do anything to accommodate males?... it is more natural for them to attack the male organization...

The boys scouts don't have a good solution to please feminism... except for closing down for good.

Though... if they can figure it out to have it open for boys and girls... but being a much crapier organization than the girl scouts... so girls will decide not to join them but the girl scouts instead... and keeping the girl scouts just for girls... that might work for feminism...

Will need to think more on this... I feel there is something in this I am missing.

Comment

I think people feel like it's unfair to have an all-girls organization and not an all-boys organization.

And that's going against the logic that accepting girls brings in more money, and hence a better program.

The Boy Scouts' selling point is : We have the best program.

The Girl Scouts' selling point is : Girls have special needs.

It's like Equity Feminism vs Gender Feminism

One says "Girls are speshul"
        The other " Girls are equal"

In the end I think it can only serve to benefit boys to roll with the punches, to socialize them to succeed in any environment, whether all-boys or mixed or whatever. The idea is, "No matter what situation you get thrown into, compete and win and have fun."

Whereas for girls I think it's more neurotic, either "follow the boys and learn to be strong" or "girls are speshul, we have to be seperate." I really think it does them a disservice. Even if teachers give them better grades out of empathy or whatever, or they get affirmative action quotas, all it does is produce weak adults. It's like a goldfish that can only survive in a bowl of Poland Spring, as soon as you throw it into the ocean it chokes.

Comment

I've digested this issue for a while. My son is in the program. I don't think much poaching from the girl scouts is going on. The true target is sisters of boys that are already in. It is very common for them to tag along with the activities because family bandwidth is only so wide. The scouts go on a hike, the sisters are already going with. They were basically complaining because they were already doing the activities, they should be able to get the awards that go with. It's actually a fairly sensible argument given the current conditions.

That being said, things were better back in the day. These days a parent or guardian usually attends with the kid anyway. The program is smaller now, and policy now requires that two adults always be present with any kids. This is all child protection stuff. That requirement combined with the small unit sizes nearly requires that at least one parent for every family be involved as a leader. That is why the whole family gets brought along.

I don't see a path back. The Scouts will either survive this or they won't.

I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Working...
          X