Domestic Violence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Violence

Below is a video of MrDeadMoth, a twitch user streaming his playing of Fortnite. The video captures an argument with his wife and later, off camera the sound of a slap followed by her crying.

The slap happens right around 0:55 and her crying ensues. Despite it being nearly universally uncomfortable for a man to listen to a woman crying....or perhaps because of it, that's what I want you to focus on.

Now I've never hit a woman, but something sounds off about the crying to me.

In the Dr. Who episode "The Beast Below" he points out a young girl crying. She's just sitting on a bench crying silently, because something's upset her so much she can't help but cry. She's not making a show of it, party because everyone already knows why she's crying and doesn't feel like they can do anything about it. There's no reason for her to cry "over the top" the way children who want attention do, because she's not going to get it.

Back to the video at hand. These are not the tears of someone who is just so hurt they can't help it. They are manipulative tears. And I'm not saying that justifies him hitting her (if that's what happened). But I am saying that she's using her tears to try to guilt him, not because she's genuinely hurt..

Then she says "You fucking woman basher". Now that could be more guilt, just trying to make him feel bad, but I think she knows that camera is still on. I can't help but wonder if the tears and the statement were specifically intended for the camera.

Their poor kids.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

She instigates the whole thing, knows he's recording and orchestrates the whole thing to make him into a "woman basher" as she says.

I'm willing to bet the "slap" was him blocking her from throwing something, like hitting her forearm or something.

In the past some women's shelters taught women how lift their arm up in a threatening manner to force him to grab you and make marks, that way he can get arrested. Some women's shelters advise women to get a jar of spaghetti sauce, so that when it falls and breaks the responding cops think it's blood and maybe even have a chance of shooting the guy.

Women do all sorts of crazy manipulative shit, including hitting themselves, injuring themselves.

They push every button to try to make you hit them.

It's a double edged sword because women can be angels, they can be totally selfless, they can self-sacrifice and be the best partners.

But women can also be devils the likes of which you would never imagine, they can play on emotions in a manner that is breathtaking to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
      The video captures an argument with his wife
      Would you call it an argument, though?
      What I hear is one person - her - harassing another person. OK, so he might have gamed for a long time, but he proposes a solution/compromise, and she refuses it, and acts on that.
      It's fairly obvious that if the sexes had been reversed - if a man had thrown stuff at a woman gaming, because he felt she spent too much time doing it - the condemantion would have been swift, unequivocal and universal. And any 'slap' would have been her heroic act of desperate self-defense, and any later complaints by him would just have branded him a wimp.

I put the guy's name in my Universal Turing Machine, and it returned values like "this guy is being charged with domestic violence", although IMO he, after she starts throwing things and messing with his computer, is acting in self-defense against a clear case of domestic violence against him, at least going by the criteria of the Duluth Model.

Now I've never hit a woman
      Bucket list?

but something sounds off about the crying to me.
      I know what you mean, but I think you're wrong. Schopenhauer says that most people carry misfortune quite stoically as long as they are coping with it.
      It's when you sit back and reflect on your misery that tears are coming: "Oh, woe is me ...!" - _that's_ when we cry.
      IOW, almost _all_ crying is off in the way you mean, which means that her crying is _not_ off in the way you mean .... if you know what I mean.
      Most crying is staged for the benefit of any hearer (and be it only oneself), and so is hers.

but I think she knows that camera is still on. I can't help but wonder if the tears and the statement were specifically intended for the camera.
      Ya think ...? "Not until I have made my point" kinda gave it away. Notice how she raises her voice to microphone level for the global audience? That kinda gave it away, too.

Their poor kids.
      Probably did something seriously bad in their previous lives. Chartered accountancy, or something similarly heinous.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
        I put the guy's name in my Universal Turing Machine
        Answering his own post, what's the world coming to ...?
        But UTM lead to the fascinating www.abc.net.au/news, which I can't say I'm really familiar with from before, but which proved to be a treasure trove of feminist confusion.

I give you Hannah Gadsby and her wonderful talents:
        https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-...d-men/10595248

I give you Joshua's diagnosis of you and me as a latter day SS:
        https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-...-milo/10482032
        "Chillingly reminiscent of Fascist Blackshirts" ... yeah, so what? Makes it easier to sort the coloured laundry.
        Note well that masculinity has now become a working-class trait:
        ".. traditional working-class notions of masculinity bound up in self-reliance, strength and the ability to provide for one's family. ...".
        Totally lacking in all the other classes, of course.

The Automatic " I'm-Going-To-Tell-Teacher-So-They-Can-Arrest-My-Husband" Device:
        https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...rgency/6481238

The eight shades of restraining orders- which one suits you?
        https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-...orders/6497994

(Highlights:

" The people here /at court/ are not just women taking out orders against their boyfriends and husbands ..." - quel surprise ...

" ... it's not clear what the allegations are, but he denies any wrongdoing. All the men in this court today do the same...."

" The magistrate says the only acceptable evidence submitted during these domestic violence court days is the statement of the aggrieved,
        and that rules over whatever the respondent says in the court..." =

And to come full circle, a very confusing article _reccommending_ , even against Hannah's advice, that there be good men:
        https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-...od-man/9091960

Ironically, it starts by hailing the Dad generation as they police public space, and the goes on to decry toxic masculinity,
        not realizing that precisely the character you need to be able to "call out bad behaviour", at least safely, is precisely that
        which is at the core of masculinity, even though they prefer to call it toxic.

So, in classic style, we must take part in the gender discourse, but not with our own chillingly blackshirt opnions,
        faced with unclear allegations we must not awaken the suspicions of the court by denying any wrongdoing,
        we're supposed to be self-reliant family-feeding working-class heroes that call out bad behavior (in other men only, of course), but not being, like "tough" in a icky, toxic way, like.

We are, in short, supposed to be good, but also to not be good.

And all this more or lesson the same page.

Not bad.

M

Comment

if the sexes had been reversed - if a man had thrown stuff at a woman gaming, because he felt she spent too much time doing it - the condemantion would have been swift, unequivocal and universal. And any 'slap' would have been her heroic act of desperate self-defense

is acting in self-defense against a clear case of domestic violence against him, at least going by the criteria of the Duluth Model.

Most crying is staged for the benefit of any hearer (and be it only oneself), and so is hers.

"Not until I have made my point" kinda gave it away. Notice how she raises her voice to microphone level for the global audience?
          Ironically, it starts by hailing the Dad generation as they police public space, and the goes on to decry toxic masculinity,
          not realizing that precisely the character you need to be able to "call out bad behaviour", at least safely, is precisely that
          which is at the core of masculinity, even though they prefer to call it toxic.

So, in classic style, we must take part in the gender discourse, but not with our own chillingly blackshirt opnions,
          faced with unclear allegations we must not awaken the suspicions of the court by denying any wrongdoing,
          we're supposed to be self-reliant family-feeding working-class heroes that call out bad behavior (in other men only, of course), but not being, like "tough" in a icky, toxic way, like.
          Last edited by dubs; 12-12-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
            (nice clip) ]
            Why, thank you ... I've checked in a few times these last two days, and the applause simply won't stop ... so you do me too much honour, but thx all the same

M

Comment

Sometimes I forget to appreciate how privilege I am to be able to play videogames all I want and not having someone nagging me and throwing shit at me...

Today I am going to take me to a nice restaurant to celebrate me being single.

Comment

Working...
              X