Death Penalty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Penalty

Some interesting statistics on women and the death penalty. I'm linking it because I was looking at the abstract of an article bemoaning women being punished more harshly than men.

FACTS AND FIGURES

BACKGROUND

In general, both the death sentencing rate and the death row population remain very small for women in comparison to that for men. Actual execution of female offenders is quite rare, with only 575 documented instances as of 12/31/2016, beginning with the first in 1632. These executions constitute about 3.6% of the total of 15,931 confirmed executions in the United States (including the colonies) since 1608.

Sixteen death-sentenced women have been executed since 1976.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/women-and-death-penalty
    Thought some people might find this interesting.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Yeah, I've came across this before. I meant to follow it up with an analysis of (M gen pop vs F gen pop) vs (M d row pop vs F d row pop) vs (M exe vs F exe). (Sorry for the shorthand, trying to wrap up my night..... at 10am lol

Comment

Working...
    X