Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos Getting Divorced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos Getting Divorced

The couple have four children, one of them adopted.

Jeff Bezos, 54, who founded Amazon, is the world's wealthiest man according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index, with an estimated wealth of $137bn, some $45bn ahead of Bill Gates.

The 48-year-old MacKenzie Bezos is a novelist, the author of The Testing of Luther Albright (2005) and Traps (2013).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46814557
    Record setting settlement likely?
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

/popcorn

[10 chars]

Comment

Someone already updated wikipedia:

• Jeff Bezos's divorce, announced 1/9/2019 from MacKenzie Bezos; after 25 years, is estimated at $137 billion and will have go down as the most expensive divorce of all time since Bezos is the worlds richest man.</ref>[1][2]
      • Alec Wildenstein's divorce in 1999 from Jocelyn Wildenstein; estimated at $3.8 billion ($5.7 billion inflation adjusted).[3][4][5]
      • Rupert Murdoch's divorce in 1999 after 31 years of marriage from Anna; estimated at $1.7 billion ($2.6 billion inflation adjusted).[6]
      • Bernie Ecclestone's divorce in 2009 after 23 years of marriage from Slavica; estimated at $1.2 billion ($1.4 billion inflation adjusted).[7][6]
      • Steve Wynn's divorce in 2010 from Elaine; estimated at $1 billion ($1.1 billion inflation adjusted).[6]
      • Harold Hamm's divorce in 2012 after 24 years from Sue Ann Arnall; estimated at $974.8 million ($1.1 billion inflation adjusted).[8][6]
      • Adnan Khashoggi's divorce in 1980 after 20 years from Soraya Khashoggi; estimated at $874 million ($2.3 billion inflation adjusted).[9][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nsive_divorces
      It's not clear if they're giving the settlement amount or the man's net worth at the time.
      "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
      "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

He'll keep the parts of the empire that print money.

She'll get the rest, the $2 billion charity, the plane, the yacht, the mansion, etc etc.

Is there some lawsuit against Bezos I haven't heard about? Because rich guys like to get divorced right before a big lawsuit, they transfer their wealth to their ex-wives.

She'll probably end up with %25 of his net.

Why not %50 you ask, well the value of his net worth is dependent on him being in control of it, in other words his assets are worth $137 billion in HIS hands. In your or my hands those assets are worth alot less.

If I was her divorce lawyer, I would ask for a bit less up front, in return for lifetime support payments.

Cuz this guy is gonna continue printing money, I'd rather have %1 of his take every year than a huge lump sum.

So I'm calling it right now, she'll probably get something like $17 bn up front and lifetime support which will probably add up to another $21 bn.

Wow.

Must be nice being a woman eh.

Course most em don't get to marry a whale.

But still. It sounds like a charmed life.

Comment

I hope at least he have all his assets protected in offshore corporations and stuff like that...

If not... then He is so screwed...

I give it 2 weeks before she starts claiming that he beat her up and also molested the kids. Just because that way she can get 80% or more.

Comment

In "unrelated" news, Amazon Prime memberships will go from $119/yr to $250/yr.

(I'm kidding....this hasn't happened.....yet)

Comment

Working...
            X