Gillette Campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillette Campaign

"...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Nice.

Apparently it's white men chasing women down the street yelling, "yo baby! yo baby! smile!"

Certainly wouldn't be the millions of border jumpers and rapefugees.

And it wouldn't be the rapefugee kids assaulting other people's kids, apparently it's not MS13, it's "Leave it to Beaver" doing all of the "toxic masculinity."

I bet it was also Leave it to Beaver or the Proud Boys or the Sons of Odin who raped and beheaded those two girls in Morocco the other month, it couldn't POSSIBLY be Rashida Tlaib's constituents, including Hamas and Hezbollah, because that's who we need in congress right now, her only problem apparently is "anti-semitism" because if you hate Jews it's terrible but if you hate Americans that's ok, and if you hate white people then you get an endorsement from the Democratic establishment and a nomination for the nobel peace prize.

But that's ok because Gilette just wants to sell more razors.

Comment

I am sure they will figure out something they find offensive about this and then do their big backfire stuff...

Anyway.... I take the opportunity to talk about the best way of shaving...

Companies like Gillette and the so, have being selling the idea that a line of half a dozen crappy blades are better than 1 single good quality blade, and for everybody reading this, I just want to say, that is not the case. 1 good blade is a lot better than 6 bad blades in a line.

I personally have a Safety Razor, there are still companies out there that make some good quality ones, including Gillette... Mine is made in Solingen, Germany... solid stainless steel, looks as new as the first day I got it, over 10 years ago... I am more than sure that this safety razor will outlive humanity.

https://www.amazon.com/MERKUR-Classi...dp/B002A8JO48/

As you see, they are a bit more than $30, the blades are few cents each, and I usually reuse blades for few shavings. Doing the maths, in long term, this is cheaper than disposable plastic blades, and the quality is much better.

Last time I got blades, (about 2 years ago) I got a box with 100 of them, I am about halfway down on that box.

https://www.amazon.com/MERKUR-Classi...dp/B002A8JO48/

That is the one I am using now...

Anyway, now that Gillette have give up on talking about the "quality of their products", and they are now going for the "buy our crap because we are woke"... I think it is a good time to talk about quality products that perform outstanding, and also give a good user experience, while at the same time give you more for your money..

Oh and yes, user experience is one of the best... before I used a plastic disposable razor, and I feel like a plastic disposable guy :P... now I use good quality products and I enjoy the shaving experience... clean perfect shave in 1 single pass of the blade.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
        Nice.

Apparently it's white men chasing women down the street yelling, "yo baby! yo baby! smile!"

Certainly wouldn't be the millions of border jumpers and rapefugees.

And it wouldn't be the rapefugee kids assaulting other people's kids, apparently it's not MS13, it's "Leave it to Beaver" doing all of the "toxic masculinity."

I bet it was also Leave it to Beaver or the Proud Boys or the Sons of Odin who raped and beheaded those two girls in Morocco the other month, it couldn't POSSIBLY be Rashida Tlaib's constituents, including Hamas and Hezbollah, because that's who we need in congress right now, her only problem apparently is "anti-semitism" because if you hate Jews it's terrible but if you hate Americans that's ok, and if you hate white people then you get an endorsement from the Democratic establishment and a nomination for the nobel peace prize.

But that's ok because Gilette just wants to sell more razors.
        I have notice that recently you don't care for male issues anymore, you just find the way to flip everything to skin colors...

Have you consider going to A Voice for Whites?

Comment

Nice.

My favorite was when they show a father pulling two tussling kids apart as though it's a super rare occurrence. What father with boys hasn't done that at some point? Hell if you had video of families from 3,000 years ago I bet there were times when fathers broke up fights between boys.
          "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
          "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Saw this copied into a youtube comment:
            I used to love beating up kids at barbecues. Now I realise that is wrong. Also, my balls have never been smoother. Thanks, Gillette. — Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) January 15, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post

I have notice that recently you don't care for male issues anymore, you just find the way to flip everything to skin colors...

In this case, the racial context of the ad cannot be ignored. I've seen multiple people point this out. Apparently all but one of the "bad" men in the video are white.

I couldn't stand to watch it all to be honest. I've been under the weather and the ad really made me even more ill.
              I had a HUGE argument on Facebook with some idiots about it on the local newspaper's page. Blue state, idiot sanctuary city full of fools.

I wish we had the power to organize boycotts of Proctor and Gamble. The Christian Right really knew how to do that back in the 80s and I actually wish they were still around to keep the SJWs in check.

These companies are so rich and powerful they spit in the face of their prime demographic and laugh and people still consume. It's no very depressing. And I'll just say it. This is because these companies hire token women into high positions they're unqualified for. This is what happens when you hire a raging bitch with a gender studies degree right out of college. This is what is going to kill our country.

Comment

Unfortunately, white/male are indivisibly linked in the progressive-identitarian stack. We have no neat way to separate the two, as either will be used to unperson us.

For those who are concerned about men's issues, it would be counterproductive to delve into identity traps that distract from those issues. However, it is important to recognize that most anti-male voices also have a strong anti-white bias, and will incorporate it into their propaganda.

Of course, being male essentially cancels any intersectional-oppression points one might have otherwise scored. Unless you're willing to cuck-up and toe the party line there is no break even strategy for dealing with progressives. It better to call them on their bullshit, and to force them into indefensible positions. This ad has some transparently anti-white bullshit, so critics might as well use it.

I don't want men's activists to become distracted by race issues, but it's hard to ignore them when the other side is so focused on race.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobos View Post

In this case, the racial context of the ad cannot be ignored. I've seen multiple people point this out. Apparently all but one of the "bad" men in the video are white.
                  I didn't counted them out... but considering that the majority of the population in US is white...

What I am talking about is that the ad have a direct gender message... however Dubs manage to jump over it and start talking about some perceive subtle racial contest... like... what happened to the direct gender message then?

It is like a feminist saying that all this suicide bombers have nothing to do with religion, but what all of them have in common is that they are men... How can someone be so intentionally blind?

Also, I think I am right at comparing it with feminism.. as one is predatory of gender the other is predatory of racial factors... the predatory gesture is almost identical, though the target is completely different.

I couldn't stand to watch it all to be honest. I've been under the weather and the ad really made me even more ill.
                  I had a HUGE argument on Facebook with some idiots about it on the local newspaper's page. Blue state, idiot sanctuary city full of fools.
                  I am actually kinda indifferent to the ad... i mean.. i have seeing a lot worse...

I think the biggest problem for men and boys today is the disenfranchisement... feminism have done a great job at shooting down any possible social form of masculinity... Part of why MGTOW is so popular is exactly because society is not longer offering any viable form of masculinity... so you kinda be lest left like a lose wheel to find out what is your place.. in a place that don't offer you any.

So I am always interested when I see feminism trying to elaborate what is the role of men, or what is the place men have in this new society... I see the video and I mostly get a mixed message... some part of it evoke some traditional forms of masculinity, while some parts of it criticize traditional masculinity...

For example that scene about the BBQ, it looks so.. alien to me... who are those guys? is the guy touching the kid, his father? where are the parents?

I invite you to see this video from the real world, so we contrast the fantasy of the ad, with what you can expect from reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZIfy4aBEY

you can tell the man knows what is goign on... and he chose to leave... what society have done to get a citizen to that level of disfranchisement? And I know that if I was in the situation that man is, i probably will just do the same, and feel bad about it... but what else can a man do in that situation?

But then again... how many people is in that pool? and you read the comments and it is all crap on the man only... The mother leave the kid in the pool and went for some sauna time...

So back to the ad... I mostly see father roles there... and mostly by random men that are not the actual fathers...

Are they offering men a role in this feminist society? what role is it? why they even bother to offer anything?

I mean, they are not even close to elaborate a social contract... and the last one toke us over 2k years to elaborate (and 4 decades to destroy)... it no simple technology to get back just like that... so what is it??? they will now say they don't hate men because they made this ad?

Are they trying to be friendly or to be hateful?

That ad leave me with a lot of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by FailureToCrash View Post

Unfortunately, white/male are indivisibly linked in the progressive-identitarian stack. We have no neat way to separate the two, as either will be used to unperson us.

For those who are concerned about men's issues, it would be counterproductive to delve into identity traps that distract from those issues. However, it is important to recognize that most anti-male voices also have a strong anti-white bias, and will incorporate it into their propaganda.

Of course, being male essentially cancels any intersectional-oppression points one might have otherwise scored. Unless you're willing to cuck-up and toe the party line there is no break even strategy for dealing with progressives. It better to call them on their bullshit, and to force them into indefensible positions. This ad has some transparently anti-white bullshit, so critics might as well use it.

I don't want men's activists to become distracted by race issues, but it's hard to ignore them when the other side is so focused on race.
                    Dubs message is that we need to set the feminists records straight... no all men are rapists just the black ones... I have not idea in what possible universe that is actually an OK argument and how I am the one being call out... so we now just goign to let that one pass like.. if we agree with that message?

Comment

well... as nobody else is talking about this...

In the front page there is an invitation to participate in a video response to the Gillette ad:

https://www.avoiceformen.com/art-ent...te-tv-adverts/

People that believe activism works and is important or something, should participate... Where is Angelica when we need her?

Comment

Some time ago there was that Shoshanna girl who walked thru manhatten for (I think) 10 hours or something.

In that 10 hours I don't know how many black guys are harassing her.

Conclusion : Men harass women

That's like saying "Terrorists are humans, you're human, so you could be a terrorist."

Yeah cuz we gotta look out for the radical amish with the horse buggy bomb.

We have to post FBI informants at the hentai expo, because there are alot of humans there, and humans = terrorists.

In the real world, we profile threats all the time.

Ok the terrorist could theoretically be a transsexual, but %99.99999 chance it's not.

Maybe go check the guy in the corner first with the long beard praying, if your job is to prevent terrorism, that's how you do it. You don't do it by strip searching people at the nursing home or interrogating furries.

Likewise if you want to put out a public service message about "street harassment."

Maybe don't portray 5 hipsters running Fight Club when most of them would piss their pants if they ever saw a fight.

You're basically saying, "We have to look out for the radical amish" because you're too PC and too chickenshit to say, "Dear muslims, if you see anything bad happening at the mosque, please dial 911. Love, all of us."

Likewise with the black community.

We not saying we have to hate all the blacks.

But if the black community has a "street harassment issue" then let's address the black community, let's get them involved, let's ask where are the parents, where is the upbringing, let's focus on that with a microscope and figure out what the problem is.

Not show up at the Jevovah's Witness Hall and be like "ok guys, I want to talk to you all about rape."

This is not the way to solve problems.

But see

You already know this.

Everybody already knows this.

Everybody already knows that the Hamas bomb maker is not a presbyterian hipster named Todd.

Just like everybody already knows that the rapist is not "Matsuo Takahashi" from Osaka.

LibProg ideology just does not allow these facts to be said.

Does not allow effective enforcement.

Does not allow effective governance.

Because according to LibProg ideology it is more important to follow PC protocol and say, "The rapist is a man" just like saying, "The bomb maker is a homo sapien." Well thank you captain obvious, but if we're gonna be THAT vague then the rapist isn't even a man because how many female teachers are sleeping with their students every week hmm?

Maybe Gilette should change their marketing slogan to ; "Gilette : The best a homo sapien can get"

Comment

In the real world, we profile threats all the time.
                          There is a lot of problems with profiling, and I am not saying this in a PC kind of way...

there is more Muslims in the world than american and christians combined... and yes there is actually islam fundamentalist groups in Japan, and so the chances of a fundamentalist islamic terrist named "Matsuo Takahashi" are not as impossible as you make them to be... and this is the problem with profiling... it is lazy and it does not work that well.

Maybe don't portray 5 hipsters running Fight Club when most of them would piss their pants if they ever saw a fight.
                          I don't know... Beyonce appears to be the icon for feminism now, and in her Formation song she does incorporate audio from catcalling... and she does appear to be pleased with it...

Usually i see the ones complaining about it are the ones that... I don't think no man will actually catcall... maybe they are just angry they don't get any of that kind of attention and so they want to frame their anger as an issue and hope that nobody gets what they don't get?

After all... It is kinda sad to reach the 30 years without ever having someone make you an indecent proposition.

We not saying we have to hate all the blacks.
                          We... who?

But if the black community has a "street harassment issue" then let's address the black community, let's get them involved, let's ask where are the parents, where is the upbringing, let's focus on that with a microscope and figure out what the problem is.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDZJPJV__bQ

Minute 1:00 clearly catcalling audio... you are welcome to study that with microscope and tell me what the problem is... because up to now I have not seeing anybody finding issues with it... and this song is basically a feminist anthem.

Maybe Gilette should change their marketing slogan to ; "Gilette : The best a homo sapien can get"
                          I still have not idea why they want to teach me how to be a man... oh well...

Comment

well... as nobody else is talking about this...

In the front page there is an invitation to participate in a video response to the Gillette ad:

https://www.avoiceformen.com/art-ent...te-tv-adverts/

People that believe activism works and is important or something, should participate... Where is Angelica when we need her?
                            lol - what would anyone need me for?
                            p.s. but thank you for drawing my attention to it... I feel the urge to do one now.
                            Last edited by Angelica; 01-18-2019, 07:26 PM.
                            ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
                            (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

There is a lot of problems with profiling, and I am not saying this in a PC kind of way...

there is more Muslims in the world than american and christians combined... and yes there is actually islam fundamentalist groups in Japan, and so the chances of a fundamentalist islamic terrist named "Matsuo Takahashi" are not as impossible as you make them to be... and this is the problem with profiling... it is lazy and it does not work that well.
                              You are saying it in a PC kind of way.

Profiling works according to El Al, Shin Bet, FBI, KGB, and %99.999 of serious security institutions.

It's actually it's own department and its own field of criminology.

Of course they don't base it ONLY on being muslim, and I would never suggest that.

We don't have to investigate every muslim in the world, just the ones that have the means, motive and opportunity to do us harm, and that goes along with foreign policty and cultural compatibility.

For example if, as a country, we are going to furnish Israel with unlimited support, then we have to expect that a certain percentage of devout muslims are going to feel hostile towards our country.

It's not about "we hate them."

More like "they hate us."

And so we either have to be more careful with our foreign policy (for example, to at least be perceived as being more even-handed vis-a-vis Israel/Middle East, to be perceived as being "an honest broker.")

Then I think there is less chance that John W Muslim will carry a latent cultural hostility towards us (us = Americans.)

I also think it's in how our public officials communicate.

If you call something a "muslim ban" people will perceive it as a "muslim ban" and will perceive it as a kind of racial animus, almost like telling someone, "I hate you guys" which serves like, zero purpose, because even if you DO hate a certain group, what purpose is there in "declaring war" and telepraphing your agenda ahead of time?

Likewise I think alot of our problems nowadays is not the actual "policy" but the language used behind that policy.

For example like calling something "the wall" instead of "enhanced border security."

See, even Bush wasn't dumb enough to call it "waterboarding," they call it "enhanced interrogation."

"The wall" sounds like you're trying to keep out the mongol hordes.

It sounds like you view your neighbors on the other side as "undesirables."

Whereas "enhanced border security" sounds like enhanced border security.

PS - We = you and me, society, americans, romans, humans, etc etc.

PPS - I have no interest in critiquing Beyonce's use of catcalling, the artistic meaning or message behind it. Don't know, don't care.

Comment

Working...
                              X