Gillette Campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simpleman View Post

Dubs message is that we need to set the feminists records straight... no all men are rapists just the black ones... I have not idea in what possible universe that is actually an OK argument and how I am the one being call out... so we now just goign to let that one pass like.. if we agree with that message?
    I wasn't trying to call anyone out. I hate pretty much everything about the ad. I also think that issues that affect all men also effect minority men, and vice versa. I just think it's foolish to allow "inter-sectional" bullshit to distract men from the issues. The "enemy," for lack of a better term, is always gynocentrism. I hope that clarifies a bit.

I'm against rape, no matter who does it. I'm also against the rape culture argument that all men are potential rapists until they've been baptized into the feminist faith. Rapists are rapists, and no one else should be punished or shamed for their actions. In any case, I wasn't trying to stir the pot. I was just adding my thoughts to the conversation. Sadly enough, I also know how feminists think, and white/male are essentially the same in their eyes. I don't devalue the concerns of minority men, I just don't want to devolve into splinter groups because we got distracted, if that makes sense.

Comment

SJWs are anit Gilette now too. They're blasting Gilette for the "Pink Tax" now.

Gillette's controversial new ad tackling toxic masculinity has gotten mixed reviews, but even fans of the message are baffled to see the company discouraging sexism while continuing to charge more for its female shaving products.

Known as the 'pink tax,' the common form of gender-based price discrimination involves women being charged premium prices for items specifically marketed towards women while men pay less for virtually the same product.

Critics argue that women's and men's razors are essentially the same product, and following the release of Gillette's #MeToo-inspired ad, both sexes have been taking to Twitter to accuse the company of hypocrisy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-campaign.html
      "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
      "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Dubs message is that we need to set the feminists records straight... no all men are rapists just the black ones... I have not idea in what possible universe that is actually an OK argument and how I am the one being call out... so we now just goign to let that one pass like.. if we agree with that message?
        I have to say I'm with FailureToCrash on this one.
        The only people crazy enough to believe this patriarchy/toxic masculinity nonsense are so crazy that they also believe in the 'progressive'/BLM/Antifa version of 'anti-racism'.
        These beliefs go hand in hand, it seems you can't have one without the other; and obviously they were, I think we all agree, incorporated in the Gilette commercial - QED.
        It is a separate brand of idiocy, and, I agree with you, not really a men's issue - but it is a feature of our opponents, and so a potential angle of attack.

M

Comment

Gillette Commercial from 1980s, same tag "the best a man can get"

Comment

Gillette Commercial from 1980s, same tag "the best a man can get"

Wow!
            That's such a different and male positive message.
            What the Hell happened between then and now I wonder.
            ... and the answer is staring us in the face: The rise of the loony left.

~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
            (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

I just came across this video about 10 minutes ago... It's nice to see Piers reclaim his ball sack. Seeing the Smurthwaite Destroyer back in action was a nice bonus. :-)

When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

Working...
              X