Engineering a Better Future for Girls | Grammarly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering a Better Future for Girls | Grammarly

Another industry focusing only on female "empowerment". Doesn't it make you want to spew?

My question: Why are men still expected to be financial providers for their children after divorce when they are asked to hand over their employment prospects to females?
    ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
    (through adversity to the stars)

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
    Another industry focusing only on female "empowerment". Doesn't it make you want to spew?
    This one, no, not really.
    This is an ad by a private company, portraying another private company. If people want to front certain values and/or work for certain values or idelas, then fine, let them. That's what freedom is about.
    And if there are females out there who are interested in tech, but uncertain about it, and can get a leg up with learning more etc., that's a good thing.
    Helping people find their station in life. More females who know how to change their own lightbulbs, that's gotta be ok.

The problem is when females want to deny this right to men, and so turn the whole thing inta a zero-sum game where men's gain are females' losses, claiming that benefits to men come at the expense of females.
    Which they don't.
    The problem gets worse - infinitely worse - when the govt. gets it into its head to make this public policy for itself and its offices and institutions, like media, education, law, etc.

My question: Why are men still expected to be financial providers for their children after divorce when they are asked to hand over their employment prospects to females?
    Well, females might say: who decided that these employment prospects 'belonged' to men in the first place?
    As I would ask if some female said the same about male nurses, for instance.

As to financial provision, evrything a mother puts in is now undertaken by the social services. The only ones left having to pay are men.
    The solution is to let social services take over their part, too. Money should be paid for having and raising kids, and the money should follow the kid, not one of the parents.

M

Comment

I get the feeling that they're trying to masculize women and feminize men.

And they're doing it for economic reasons, to collect taxes, consumption and GDP.

But what ends up happening is

A. Women don't pull their weight and this constitutes a stealth tax on men
      B. Women do pull their weight and consequently the only ones breeding are the ones who don't pull their weight
      C. Having to import the population of failed states to prop up the tax base
      D. Tax base fails anyway and now you have more people who need "help"
      E. The local culture gets replaced by hyperbreeding thuglets of worldstar hiphop
      F. Everyone goes back to traditional gender roles, replace apron with niqab

Even in the best case scenario, men still get the shaft because women consume everything they see and expect everyone else to pay for it, they all want bigger government and %70, %80, %90 tax rates, maternal leave, free housing, childcare subsidies, college debt forgiveness, the list goes on and on.

And alot of guys are looking at this and going..."here, you take this" and dumping the whole societal pizza on the floor.

Nobody wants to be the jackass pulling the cart anymore, this is a terrible deal.

We don't want masculized women and living our whole lives competing to see who can best serve the corporations, fuck you with this GloboHomoMultiplex, this isn't a way for a human being to live.

Comment

"Grammarly automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in your writing. It’s easy to use"
        https://www.grammarly.com/faq

So... basically a spell checker...

And the girls doing the soldering on the video are doing it wrong, you need to fix the parts with clamps, and have some air extractor so you don't breath the toxic gasses... I recon they are smiling because the toxic gasses are already affecting their brains.

Also, who uses a $3k Apple machine just to write some blog???

This post was spell-checked by grammarly.com

Comment

So what they're saying is that women can't spell or write without the aid of software likely written by men?
          "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
          "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
            "Grammarly automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in your writing. It’s easy to use"
            https://www.grammarly.com/faq

So... basically a spell checker...
            If it can really automatically detect style mistakes, it's genius. But I doubt that they can AI good writing yet.

And the girls doing the soldering on the video are doing it wrong, you need to fix the parts with clamps, and have some air extractor so you don't breath the toxic gasses...
            I recon they are smiling because the toxic gasses are already affecting their brains.
            Category error. This is not a how-to video, but an advertising clip.
            One of my friends had a band, which really sucked; something he freely admitted.
            He said he didn't want technical perfection to come between their message and the audience

Also, who uses a $3k Apple machine just to write some blog???
            Most people, in the sense that people use 3 - 5 % of the computing capacity of whatever device they have.

This post was spell-checked by grammarly.com
            Yes, good style.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
              So what they're saying is that women can't spell or write without the aid of software likely written by men?
              Wymyn do, yes ...

M

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
                But what ends up happening is

A. Women don't pull their weight and this constitutes a stealth tax on men
                B. Women do pull their weight and consequently the only ones breeding are the ones who don't pull their weight
                C. Having to import the population of failed states to prop up the tax base
                D. Tax base fails anyway and now you have more people who need "help"
                E. The local culture gets replaced by hyperbreeding thuglets of worldstar hiphop
                F. Everyone goes back to traditional gender roles, replace apron with niqab

Even in the best case scenario, men still get the shaft because women consume everything they see and expect everyone else to pay for it, they all want bigger government and %70, %80, %90 tax rates, maternal leave, free housing, childcare subsidies, college debt forgiveness, the list goes on and on.
                A lot of hypotheses, if's, what-ifs, maybes, extrapolations, possibilities, potentials, scenarios, trend extensions etc. presented without a shred of nuance as absolute fact and established truth .
                That's my beef with the majority of your posts. I get it that you're certain all this is true, but _certainty_ is worth nothing when it comes to truth.
                It's not that you're wrong, at lest not always, but that such an asserting style reduces the discussion to debating whether one agrees or not,
                instead of actually exploring the topic in detail and with input from more people.
                I've said it before, and I'll say it again: what good is it to gain 2 agreeing disciples here on this forum, when measured against the opportunity to exchange experiences and reflections wrt. any topic?
                For me, more information will always beat "more agreement" in here.

So ... well, keep it up; but I'd like to see more of the material you base your conclusions on. The data are the meat of the beast.
                Stuff goes on every day all over the world, so examples should be easy to find.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post

This one, no, not really.
                  This is an ad by a private company, portraying another private company. If people want to front certain values and/or work for certain values or idelas, then fine, let them. That's what freedom is about.
                  And if there are females out there who are interested in tech, but uncertain about it, and can get a leg up with learning more etc., that's a good thing.
                  Helping people find their station in life. More females who know how to change their own lightbulbs, that's gotta be ok.

The problem is when females want to deny this right to men, and so turn the whole thing inta a zero-sum game where men's gain are females' losses, claiming that benefits to men come at the expense of females.
                  Which they don't.
                  The problem gets worse - infinitely worse - when the govt. gets it into its head to make this public policy for itself and its offices and institutions, like media, education, law, etc.

Well, females might say: who decided that these employment prospects 'belonged' to men in the first place?
                  As I would ask if some female said the same about male nurses, for instance.

As to financial provision, evrything a mother puts in is now undertaken by the social services. The only ones left having to pay are men.
                  The solution is to let social services take over their part, too. Money should be paid for having and raising kids, and the money should follow the kid, not one of the parents.

M
                  My understanding is that it's a "non-profit government and community service" and raises funds thru charity and government grants.
                  They aim to assist disadvantaged communities, but it reminds me of the report I once read where they were saying how much it was needed to help Hispanic girls. then hidden down on the third page in a foot note was the fact that the only demographic more disadvantaged was ... Hispanic boys... ?!
                  So why just focus on the girls, don' the disadvantaged boys need equal opportunities?

I don't think anybody ever claimed the field belonged to men, it's just that in general men seem to apply in greater numbers.
                  Is the presence of boys in tech that scary to aspiring female stem-ologists, or is there some other reason why women don't choose it as often?

Comment

A lot of hypotheses, if's, what-ifs, maybes, extrapolations, possibilities, potentials, scenarios, trend extensions etc. presented without a shred of nuance as absolute fact and established truth .
                    That's my beef with the majority of your posts. I get it that you're certain all this is true, but _certainty_ is worth nothing when it comes to truth.
                    It's not that you're wrong, at lest not always, but that such an asserting style reduces the discussion to debating whether one agrees or not,
                    instead of actually exploring the topic in detail and with input from more people.
                    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: what good is it to gain 2 agreeing disciples here on this forum, when measured against the opportunity to exchange experiences and reflections wrt. any topic?
                    For me, more information will always beat "more agreement" in here.

So ... well, keep it up; but I'd like to see more of the material you base your conclusions on. The data are the meat of the beast.
                    Stuff goes on every day all over the world, so examples should be easy to find.
                    You miss the forest for the trees.

From my post I think you gather that "men are like this, women are like that, westerners good, muzzies bad, etc etc." in other words you think I'm just rattling off alot of stereotypes and cultural assumptions, jumping from conclusion to conclusion.

And you're saying that, "You know I kind of agree with you but you should back this up with data so we can discuss how to tweak and make it better."

When what I'm really doing is criticising the underlying systems.

The two-income economy that presumes we must monetize women.
                    Materialism and "individualism" which constrain greatness, beauty and exceptionalism and turn everybody into a twitter-posting "individualist" who all look and act exactly the same, posting photos of their shitty vacations, their shitty pets, their shitty selfies, "this is a photo of my boobs/cock from work" ad nauseum.

It's all garbage, all of it, "we're all unique snowflakes just like everybody else" and all we need to do is tweak some stat, diddle some bits, and this will supposedly make life "better." Crime will go down by %0.00012 but it will all be the same depressing boring shit, the commodification of the human spirit into an economic equation, a carbon footprint, a tax statistic, that if we just turn a few mothers into computer programmers, the economy will gain an extra billion dollars split between Nancy Pelosi and that bug-eyed fuck from Amazon.

I'm not here to advise social engineers on how to improve child-custody outcomes.

I'm here to advocate shooting social engineers and burning their shit to the ground.

You like my data?

Please forward comments to me@yourmomma.gov hashtag chokeyourself

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
                      I get the feeling that they're trying to masculize women and feminize men.
                      And they're doing it for economic reasons, to collect taxes, consumption and GDP.
                      I tend to agree, that is what seems to be going on, but when we say "they" who do "we" mean?
                      Feminists? The "elected" government? World banking cartel? Multi-national corporations?

We could question their motives, but the real question is whether it's a desirable development in society.
                      Is there enough to keep women occupied in "feminine" roles in post industrial civilization?
                      Is there a need for men to remain committed as "the jackass pulling the cart", as you put it?
                      You do want women to "pull their weight" do you not?

However, what the video is showing is girls in typical girl-squad engagement, performing manual tasks while socializing.
                      This is a disingenupus misrepresentation of STEM.
                      Reality is a lot of high level maths and abstract thinking that will require concentration rather networking and socializing.

Why does it even need gendered promotion?
                      Let people choose what we feel naturally attracted to and if on average women are more feminine than men, then that's just human nature, what we don't need is enticing or forcing people into roles they don't actually aspire to and if U don't like being the "jack ass" then simply stop pulling the cart.

Comment

However, what the video is showing is girls in typical girl-squad engagement, performing manual tasks while socializing.
                        This is a disingenupus misrepresentation of STEM.
                        Reality is a lot of high level maths and abstract thinking that will require concentration rather networking and socializing.
                        That is it.

When I say the soldering looks wrong... they basically replaced knitting with soldering, but keep the knitting gestures trough the new activity.

I do not do much of this kind of work... but I can tell you form what I see in the video, what they are doing is pretty much outdated by at least 20 years...

For example a lot of the soldering on the video goes around a Top 9V battery connector... while all the modern electronics now use lithium battery packs...

So for instance, at 1:22 they talk about finding solution to modern problems and they basically soldered a 9v battery connector to a female USB port, the only possible use for this is to... power a fan that connects to a USB?

I google the part, this is what the girl is holding to the camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32_T3Uf2QY and as bad as it looks, the guy at least hold the part with a clamp...

Electronics is not my field of work, I do some of it basically as a hobby and this is what I am looking to do as my next project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9lXBexw0o

That would be the kind of things I am expecting them to teach kids on an electronic class... they use the 3D printer to costume made some parts, they use the raspberry pi, so that includes installing an OS on the thing, and loading the games and the so, there is even a bit of it that is scripting and soft programming (drivers installing and configuring)... and finally there is the part about building up the hardware...

So, from what I see in the video... those girls are not getting anyway near ready to work on that field, if anything they are learning bad soldering form like... what that girl at 1:30 dong???

This is what they are competing against:

Comment

If it can really automatically detect style mistakes, it's genius. But I doubt that they can AI good writing yet.
                          Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress is free.. and it does measure and recommend how to optimize your documents to score better with google and the so... I think that is a very useful tool...

Category error. This is not a how-to video, but an advertising clip.
                          One of my friends had a band, which really sucked; something he freely admitted.
                          He said he didn't want technical perfection to come between their message and the audience
                          I guess they should create a tool that also correct the errors on the videos...

Most people, in the sense that people use 3 - 5 % of the computing capacity of whatever device they have.
                          And they don't even support Linux...

When I see them using that mac for that purpose, I kinda get the idea that they are spending someone's else money...

Comment

I tend to agree, that is what seems to be going on, but when we say "they" who do "we" mean?
                            Feminists? The "elected" government? World banking cartel? Multi-national corporations?
                            To a certain extent it's natural human development/overdevelopment.

More machines, more technology, eak out an extra %.0001 of production.

Pretty soon you're strapped into the matrix eating imaginary steak.

Comment

Wymyn do, yes ...

M
                              I really don't understand why so many women just eat up flattery that from my position looks condescending. I think I posted about a International Women's Day email that my company sent out once, and I just can't understand why women who fight for equality think that getting something (in this case recognition / validation) that nobody else gets is a sign of equality.

"...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                              "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Working...
                              X